+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantastic Pay or Fantastic Scam?

That is the question.

I came across this web site here (not a referral link as I am not a member) and wonder what people's experience of it has been.

1) Have people been paid out at the 6 month mark?
    2) If it is a legal investment scheme, how or where would I start my process of due diligence.

All responses welcome!
    Last edited by nickels; 05-07-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Re: Fantastic Pay or Fantastic Scam?

I spoke with Brian, when I heard about the program two weeks ago. I could not find the company registration in any of the business directories or Ontario companies listing. The listed number is his home / office. Neither he nor his number was listed in

It appears that this is a new program, unproven as yet.
    They have about 6 deals, not confirmed yet. They are based away from where volume occurs in real estate. But that does really hinder operations.

I questioned the MLM portion as mentioned on his site, since it is Illegal in Canada. But he explained it off that it is nto MLM, just a way to help members recoup the memberships fees. Color it any way you want, that is MLM and illegal in Canada. He said that the core business is not based on MLM but profits from Commissions earned from Sales of properties.

BTW, I did not sign up.
    Last edited by levaz; 05-26-2006 at 12:45 AM.

I was invited to join Fantastic Pay by a man from West Salem, Ohio. He advertises a program on ebay that supposedly helps others to make money.

I went through his program, free of charge, and was impressed from the beginning concerning his program methods and advice. The further along I went, the more discouraged I became.

He ended up leading me to join Fantastic Pay. So, I did a research on them through the Better Business Bureau serving “Eastern and Northern Ontario and Outaouais” (www.ottawa.bbb.org). Fantastic Pay is listed under the name “Northern Coupon.” BBB report pulled 06/27/06.

The first thing on the BBB report that disturbed me was that the date for starting the business conflicted with the opening date found on Fantastic Pay’s website. The second thing that disturbed me about the BBB report was that they said, “We are attempting to develop information on the company. At the present time we do not have enough information to issue a full report.” This statement confirms that Northern Coupon had only been around for a short period of time.

Maybe I just don’t understand the difference in the terminology that is being used, but the BBB report has the “File Open Date as May 2006", and Fantastic Pay’s website has a statement saying, “Northern Coupon is a registered business in the province of Ontario, Canada since 2004 (Business registry number 141367888).” Please correct me if I am wrong, but don’t both dates seem to imply that they are the official dates for starting the business?

Later I found another statement on their website saying, “FantasticPay.com is a copyright of 2004-2006 Northern Coupon. Will somebody please explain what that mean?

One last question. I notice the stated that MLM’s are illegal in Canada. Where can I find official evidence on the internet stating that?

Invest4U:

the BBB report has the “File Open Date as May 2006", and Fantastic Pay’s website has a statement saying, “Northern Coupon is a registered business in the province of Ontario, Canada since 2004
    All that means is that someone contacted the BBB WRT FantasticPay in May. The BBB doesn't automactically create records for every company which springs up; a company may *never* end up listed with the BBB if no one contacts the BBB about them.

(And, of course, the "company" may not exist at all; could be Jimbob Crumblebatch sitting in his bedroom with some software.)

This is all beside the point; their home page says:

Receive a fantastic monthly income with absolutely no-risk!
    We pay you 10-200% monthly without risking your investment!

Both of those sentence should make any sane person run screaming in the other direction!

Re: Fantastic Pay or Fantastic Scam? MLM in Canada

In Canada, MLMs are governed at the Federal Level, and a good introduction to the law can be read here:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/i...emID=1278&lg=e

It is worth noting that section 55 violations can be enforced by a private cause of action.
    Michael Webster, Ph.D LL.B.

Suite 1250, 180 Dundas St West
    Toronto, ON

Misleading Advertising Law

Thank you BIZOPCA for the information!

The link that you provided was very helpful in determining if MLM’s are illegal in Canada.

The statement
    I questioned the MLM portion as mentioned on his site, since it is Illegal in Canada. But he explained it off that it is nto MLM, just a way to help members recoup the memberships fees. Color it any way you want, that is MLM and illegal in Canada.
    made by levaz was not entirely true.

After reading the information on the Competition Bureau’s website, I concluded that MLM’s are not illegal in Canada, but SCAM entities are!

I was wondering how big MLM companies are continuing to have large numbers of representatives in Canada, if it is illegal there! And, why are the authorities there not doing something about it?

Fantastic Pay maybe a scam company. I don’t know. If you are wondering, I am not a member. If they are scam artists – it will eventually come to the light.

To “Nickels” – In doing your due diligence, whatever you find out about this company, please keep everyone posted.

Sorry BinkyMelnik for not thanking you for your assistance.

I didn't know that someone had to report things to a BBB before they were informed about the existence of a business.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by nickels
    That is the question.

I came across this web site here (not a referral link as I am not a member) and wonder what people's experience of it has been.

1) Have people been paid out at the 6 month mark?
    2) If it is a legal investment scheme, how or where would I start my process of due diligence.

All responses welcome!
    I believe that this is another PonziScam!

Here is the Domain Info http://whois.domaintools.com/fantasticpay.com

Now they have only been online since 2-28-06 Not since 2004.

I may have to start a thread about this on ponziscams.com

I didn't see anywhere, where you can apply for the Down payment for a mortgage?!?!?!

I know when I purchased my home, I signed a contract stating I did not borrow the money for the down payment. IT MADE SURE I DIDN'T DO THIS EXACT THING!

I will have to research this but in the U.S. I do not think you can borrow the money for a down payment, if you are borrowing money for the balance. ( Even though they state just in Canada, I will be researching Canadian Rules too)

Also most Real Estate Brokers make 6% for sales of real estate.

Couple more things http://www.fantasticpay.com/index.ph...office&theme=1

They use MLMSP Which is an MLM Software! LOL Check this out http://www.fantasticpay.com/index.php?page=faq&theme=1

"*IMPORTANT NOTE*
    FantasticPay does not earn its monies from Matrix/MLM programs and payments to our members are based on our earnings through 100% safe real-estate transactions.
    However we do allow our members to participate in our 2 matrix programs, it encourages growth of the FantasticPay program. Once you become a paid member you will automatically be entered into our 2 forced matrix programs."

They are using MLM Software, but they are not running a MLM! LOL
    Last edited by ponziscams; 07-01-2006 at 06:29 PM.

Well, the input on this topic has grown considerably since I first posted.

I find it difficult to accept that something is a scam just because the stated business start date apparently conflicts with the domain registration date!

Many businesses started before this time: Ford. General Motors... are they scams?

Is a business a scam because they don't have a BBB complaint or listing? Surely not, as the BBB is a private organization that actually charges like a bull at a gate for companies to be listed.

In most of the BBB reports I have read (not about Fantastic Pay), the complaints were of the nature of 'b_itching' about some level of service that was unsatisfactory to the complainant.

Some of the reports had 'unsatisfactory' on them simply because the business did not respond to the BBB.... but does that make them a scam?

I am yet to hear of anyone's real experience with FantasticPay, good or bad. I therefore await more comments with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ponziscams
    I believe that this is another PonziScam!

Here is the Domain Info http://whois.domaintools.com/fantasticpay.com

Now they have only been online since 2-28-06 Not since 2004.

I may have to start a thread about this on ponziscams.com

Quote Originally Posted by nickels
    Well, the input on this topic has grown considerably since I first posted.

I find it difficult to accept that something is a scam just because the stated business start date apparently conflicts with the domain registration date!

Many businesses started before this time: Ford. General Motors... are they scams?

Is a business a scam because they don't have a BBB complaint or listing? Surely not, as the BBB is a private organization that actually charges like a bull at a gate for companies to be listed.

In most of the BBB reports I have read (not about Fantastic Pay), the complaints were of the nature of 'b_itching' about some level of service that was unsatisfactory to the complainant.

Some of the reports had 'unsatisfactory' on them simply because the business did not respond to the BBB.... but does that make them a scam?

I am yet to hear of anyone's real experience with FantasticPay, good or bad. I therefore await more comments with interest.
    I believe that in order to broker real estate you must have a license to do so.

At this time I have emailed the company in question regarding just that.

I will post what they have to say about it.

I understand what you are saying about the Registration date of their website may not be the same as the opening of their business. Why mislead with the copyright info at the bottom of the page staing 2004 for Fantasticpay.com

"οΏ½
    FantasticPay.com is a copyright of 2004-2006 Northern Coupon. All rights reserved.

All logo and trademarks are property of their respected owners."

Why would you need "experience" with Fantastic Pay to know that it has all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme: a) an absurd roi, and b) an arbitrage story that makes no sense?
    Michael Webster, Ph.D LL.B.

Suite 1250, 180 Dundas St West
    Toronto, ON

Misleading Advertising Law

edited - already covered earlier

To date they have not answered any of my emails regarding Real Estate licenses or how I can get a Loan from them.

I don't think one needs a license to sell properties in Canada. It is recommended but not required.

There are many people flipping properties, several at a time, and listing them on non-MLS listings. There have been a spate of such web-sites - I haven't checked whether any of them have licenses.

Could one consider what he is doing an Investment:

The definition of a security is determined by the standards of the Howie test.

Howie’s three-prong test includes:
    (1) a sum of money,
    (2) for profit
    (3) where the primary reliance for success is dependent on the efforts of the promoter.

So would one consider this a security as defined by the SEC?