+ Reply to Thread

Email from *****list is this a scam?

Thanks for your interests in the PA position, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I have had a previous PA who had been very commendable in her activities and who had been part of my life for the past a month, she had returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she had been doing

I'm G.T. Riker by name, 49 years old, originally from Laredo, Texas USA. I have spent my whole life here in the state. I'm a Software Programmer by profession and into Electronics Business in French. Iím most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
    *Scheduling programmed, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
    *Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
    *Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
    *Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
    *Basic wage is $350 weekly.

I'm currently in the TX now for a Business Contract because i will be traveling out of the state today and would be back to the state in about a month, however, I do have a number of things you will help me with any time in this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship. Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side...

As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible.. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use this week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, I am glad you will work with me and i promise to be a good boss. Just write to me back as you will be working in your own home and you will be paid weekly wages a part from your Monthly Salary. Email me back immediately if you are interested as soon as possible today.

Re: Email from *****list is this a scam?

check cashing scam. he will send you a fake check, you deposit it in your account, take out cash, western union it to whoever he tells you.

you find out later that the check is fake and the bank wants their money back, today. the police may be called. western union lets anybody pick up the money, anywhere in the world, so you don't have a correct name for the scammer and don't even know what country he is in.

alternatively, he may have you order a laptop for him then ship it to nigeria, where he is all tied up doing business programming in french. your address will be the only one the police can find when investigating the fraud.
    Last edited by mumbles; 12-21-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Re: Email from *****list is this a scam?

*Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf
    I agree with mumbles, sounds like the usual "collect the packages of electronics purchased with stolen credit cards and resend the package onto the scammer" type of scam.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
    Again, sounds like the "cash the fake check and Western Union/moneygram the cash back to the scammer" scam.

Delete the emails and don't bother responding, it isn't worth the effort.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com