+ Reply to Thread

Paying via Paypal

Hi all,

For a long time now, I've been trying to get my hands on an i-Station V43, a PMP that's currently only being sold in Korea. There is a website dedicated to this (V43 Mania ), and it's full of people who, just like me, are somehow trying to buy one from Korea.

A few days ago, a new member posted he is living in Korea, and would want to ship them for a little fee (this is the original post ).

He has made a temporary website, with paypal buttons for the different versions. He told me that the shipping to my country would be an extra $15 dollars, so for the version I want it would cost me $650. Quite a good deal, actually.

However, it is a lot of money, so I'm getting a second opinion here on if this is a scam or not. Hope you guys can help me out!

Re: Paying via Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge
    Hi all,

For a long time now, I've been trying to get my hands on an i-Station V43, a PMP that's currently only being sold in Korea. There is a website dedicated to this (V43 Mania ), and it's full of people who, just like me, are somehow trying to buy one from Korea.

A few days ago, a new member posted he is living in Korea, and would want to ship them for a little fee (this is the original post ).

He has made a temporary website, with paypal buttons for the different versions. He told me that the shipping to my country would be an extra $15 dollars, so for the version I want it would cost me $650. Quite a good deal, actually.

However, it is a lot of money, so I'm getting a second opinion here on if this is a scam or not. Hope you guys can help me out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PIGS will be seen flying over the WHITE CLIFFS OF DOVER singing "Yes! We Have No Banannas!" before you'd catch me sending $650 to S.KOREA; or ELBONIA; or just about ANYWHERE, except for my country or residence.

Basically, ye be totally SCREWED if the "seller" turns out to be a "crook!" Neither DUDLEY DOORIGHT of the RCMP, nor SHERIFF ANDY of MAYBERRY can retrieve your moola from outside countries -- expecting them to call INSPECTOR Clouseau or INTERPOL for assistance is just tap-dancing on quicksand, IMMHO!

The PayPal BUYER UN-PROTECTION PLAN?? :confused:

Well, that pathetic waste covers feeBay transactions, only, and is about as valuable as any promises made by PREZ DUMBO W. DUMBO:

What does PayPal Buyer Protection mean?

PayPal Buyer Protection covers eBay buyers who pay with PayPal for up to $1,000.00 USD with no processing fee. The protection covers purchases of tangible auction goods on:
    eBay.at
    eBay.be
    eBay.ca
    eBay.ch
    eBay.com
    eBay.com.au
    eBay.co.uk
    eBay.de
    eBay.es
    eBay.fr
    eBay.ie
    eBay.it
    eBay.nl
    PayPal Buyer Protection also covers non-delivery of tangible items and tangible items received significantly not-as-described.

Also, PayPal Buyer Protection makes transactions on eBay more secure because the seller has to meet certain criteria to qualify for the program.

Look for the PayPal Buyer Protection icon in the Seller Information box on any eBay View Item page to see if the item is covered.

Purchases made on eBay Express receive full protection coverage at no additional cost on damaged items or orders that were not received.

:mad:
    Last edited by MLMsR4Losers; 05-06-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Re: Paying via Paypal

Dont Do It !!! Sounds Like A Scam Do Not Enter Pay Pal Through His Site ....... He Wants To Steel Your Pay Pal Log On And Account Information........... Never Never Never Use A Non Pay Pal Site To Enter Pay Pal ........... Always Type The Info Your Self In The Url Box ..... Never Click On An Pay Pal Link From An Email Never Ever Ever ....its Called Phishing ...