+ Reply to Thread

Home Mortgage Negotiator of Mi-LEGIT????

i am in Michigan, and we are looking into Home Mortgage Negotiators located in Mount Clemens. Any one here have any dealings with them? They have lawyers and bankers running the place they snt me the power of attorney,etc forms . Anyways, trying to do my homework here. I only found one complaint when I googled their name( even good co have at least one customer complaint) I even googled the guys name that I spoke to. I called them on a positive referral. Anyone?? There has to be at least some honest people-huh?? spooky

Re: Home Mortgage Negotiator of Mi-LEGIT????

Yes, I dealt with them. Had to pay $1,500 up front with guaranteed results. After they processed my payment, they were almost impossible to communicate with. After over 1 year of their 'attempts', I have now lost my home. They did absolutely NOTHING. They have also refused to give the guaranteed refund, and I'm now I am going to take them to small claims court. KEEP AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES!! I have since read other reviews that are similar to this.

They are inviolation of Michigan Law. Under Michigan Law there are only a few certain number of company types that are allowed to collect fees up front. They are not one of them. You should look for a law firm if you are interested in obtaining a mortgage loan modification. They can review your mortgage documents and point out violations in federal and state laws. They can also negotiate with your lender. Only an attorney or law frim can do that. Don't be mislead by their claim that they have "attorneys" on staff. Their attorneys don't do the work. They only review documents. Their attorneys don't have enough experience to know if the documents they are looking at are valid not.

Futher information from dealerdave.... I was unable to remove the response to this posting, so to add... "both parties agree to report that a dispute ensued, but was resolved amicably" ... no further details available.

For you people out there that think Home Mortgage Negotiator is a scam you have your head so far up you butt. I hired them 3 weeks ago and today I just received a call from my mortgae company. They lowered my mortgage by 72,000.00, took me out of a arm loan and put me in a fixed loan. These guys are legit, if you had a bad experience with them then you didn't tell the truth and you were hiding something. I recommend HSN.

Went through their stuff for 6+ months. Countless paperwork and bank statements. Bank forclosed on the property. No refinance or adjustment was approved.

Their website is down and will no longer respond to emails as of 12/21/2011. BBB now rates them as a "F". I will not be getting my money back. Key contacts here were Paula Ramanauskas, Lissa Fradet, and Jeffrey Perkowski. Owner is Mr. Nick Ritts.

Google: home mortgage negotiator complaints

BBB site:
    http://www.bbb.org/eastern-michigan/...s-mi-90007170/

I would suggest doing a small claim against any and all participants.

I would also suggest going directly through banks and stay away from any form of "negotiator" unless you know them personally. These firms seem to collect and fax your stuff to the banks which is what you can do. Save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    i am in Michigan, and we are looking into Home Mortgage Negotiators located in Mount Clemens. Any one here have any dealings with them? They have lawyers and bankers running the place they snt me the power of attorney,etc forms . Anyways, trying to do my homework here. I only found one complaint when I googled their name( even good co have at least one customer complaint) I even googled the guys name that I spoke to. I called them on a positive referral. Anyone?? There has to be at least some honest people-huh?? spooky
    i don't understand the question.