+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Real Deals

The Real Deals

There are just too many work from home offers to investigate! It could take a lifetime! I need to make money for my family now! Who is the real deal? Who has made some real money with an investment of two to three hours a day? HELP!:spin2:

Re: The Real Deals

A quick internet search with SCAM as part of the search on the company will tell you. It does not take long at all. When you find hundreds of complaints - its easy to spot the scams.

Federal Trade Commission website has a lot of information on how to spot and avoid scams
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consume.../workhome.shtm I suggest you bookmark it as a favorite

The first step is to recognize that there are NOT very many ways to make money at home.

You have basically two options. Start your own business or find an employer who will hire you and allow you to work from home.

When it comes to businesses, you have

1. Selling on Ebay or *****s*list
    2. Affiliate Marketing
    3. Freelance writing (writing articles)
    4. Blogging
    5. Creating a business at home such as daycare, baskets, candlemaking, etc.
    6. Direct sales/MLM (avon, pampered chef, etc)

Second, you have to realize that you are not going to make instant money when you start a business. They all take time and effort. I have been working at home for around six years and still spend a good 5-6 hours a day building my business. I make a full time income but during the first year I had a small daycare, sold on ebay, and did surveys as well as my business. I now can just run the business and do surveys for the fun money but it took time to get there!

Thanks Katie! That was alot of good information! I am willing to work hard,and put 5-6 hours a day, I just don't have money to invest because I was laid off, and we are now on one income, and that barely pays the bills. I appreciate all the info, and maybe I can do some research on some of those ideas!:rain:

That makes it sound like you are heading in the right direction! Good job! My entire strategy in the beginning was that I was going to prove you could make money online with no investment.

It started out that way, but since I went into affiliate marketing I did have to spend around $9 a month for a website. Not much of an investment but it sure paid off. Everything else I did, cost me nothing but time and those things also paid off. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by bturner31 View Post
    Thanks Katie! That was alot of good information! I am willing to work hard,and put 5-6 hours a day, I just don't have money to invest because I was laid off, and we are now on one income, and that barely pays the bills. I appreciate all the info, and maybe I can do some research on some of those ideas!:rain:

Well, you have given me hope, and I have used your links to get started! Setting up a website seems like a daunting task, but again you have listed alot of great tips and pitfalls to avoid that I am sure will be a guide to help me in the process. Thanks again!!!!

Happy to help and wishing you good luck!

Katie is right, your best bet is to go into affiliate marketing and use all the free methods available to acquire enough income to build your business. Your best bet would be to join Clickbank and promote products in a niche that interests you. If you can’t afford your own website, start marketing by writing articles on the subject of your promotions and include your affiliate links. To be honest, I have never seen someone do this to as much success as petehols outlined on his Digital Point journal. You can read it and try to mimic his success at the link below.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1252152

However, once you’ve made some money…you’ll want to get an adequate web host and education. You won’t be on a full time income until you have studies for years…as Katie rightfully pointed out.