+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ALMIPEX SWISS GmbH Invoice Mailing Job

Received an email job offer from careerbuilder from ALMIPEX SWISS GmbH which purports to be a trading
    company located in Switzerland which provides trading services for more than 15,000 Alibaba.com clients.

They offer to pay a minimum of $1800 per month. They are not asking for any money up front and offer to provide all items needed for the job (printer, toner, envelope, paper),

Is this a legit offer?

Re: ALMIPEX SWISS GmbH Invoice Mailing Job

What kind of job?

i've recieved this same email. wondering if its legit. can someone help us out here?

the job requires employees to send out invoices for the compnay. the purpose to send the funds for printer, paper, and ink. they also guarentee 1800 per month.

I am sure it is scam. This is not work at home job.

This is one of two possible scams.

1) You will be printing fake checks and invoices until you get caught.
    2) They will send you a fake check for about $3400, ask you to take your "earnings" and "expenditures" and then wire extra money to "client" from Nigeria.

I received the same offer and did a few searches about the company. Tho the company seems legit I do not believe the person who contacted me is a legitimate representative. They seem to have a pretty good offer and as I was reading it I began to hope it was for real but there is a big problem.
    This is an excerpt of their emails to me..

A. The Company shall support any lack of technical equipment. For expenses, the company will redirect a US client’s payment to employee, which will arrive no longer than 7 business days.

B. Due to the fact that the client’s invoice value can be higher than the expenses, the employee has the obligation to forward the rest of the company’s money in 48 hours from receiving it.

This is a perfect setup for someone laundering fake money and I think it is a scam. I did make the agreement with said person but I confronted them and said I would take steps to confirm that their check was indeed legitimate. I have not received any emails from them since.

I agree, it is a fake job scam. You might get to the printing of fake checks but probably not. They will send you a check, tell you to cash it, keep you wages and Western Union the extra to the 'supplier' who will send you the needed supplies. No supplies will arrive and the check will bounce. You get the real job of paying back the bank.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

It doesn't sound like anyone has actually went so far as to receive their first check from this company yet so all these comments are speculating the legitimacy of this co. I am also very suspicious but until you've gone thru at least the first few weeks you can really say. What if I just get the first check from them and try do cash it before I actually spend it. If it bounces it's all BS..if not then go from there...and all these ads below by google are just as bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    It doesn't sound like anyone has actually went so far as to receive their first check from this company yet so all these comments are speculating the legitimacy of this co. I am also very suspicious but until you've gone thru at least the first few weeks you can really say. What if I just get the first check from them and try do cash it before I actually spend it. If it bounces it's all BS..if not then go from there...and all these ads below by google are just as bogus.
    By the time it bounces(approximately one month), bank can put you on the list of people who cashes fake checks. Depending on the bank it could mean extra fines, freezing your accounts or reporting to other banks and credit agencies.

We ,regulars, have seen on this forum hundreds if not thousands instances of this scam. So we are not speculating. We actually know how it works.

OK..I just got an email from Jessica saying that the check is on it's way. Once I get it I'll let everyone know what's up. I won't cash it for fear of getting arrested but I will hold on to it and tell Jessica I never received it. I might just forward it to the FBI anyway.

I just the first check. It's for $2,620. The email I got with instructions on materials to buy said it would cost $300 for the items and that I would have to send the balance back within 48 hrs. Well like all of us I'm suspicious so I tried to contact the person whos name is on the check. After calling the bank it was issued from and not getting any info due to their security I did a people search, got her phone # and called. Address matches but the person doesn't live there..wrong #. Hmm. The check has to be bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I just the first check. It's for $2,620. The email I got with instructions on materials to buy said it would cost $300 for the items and that I would have to send the balance back within 48 hrs. Well like all of us I'm suspicious so I tried to contact the person whos name is on the check. After calling the bank it was issued from and not getting any info due to their security I did a people search, got her phone # and called. Address matches but the person doesn't live there..wrong #. Hmm. The check has to be bogus.
    This situation, which I highlighted in bold, is always a scan. There are no legitimate businesses that mail you too much money and immediately ask you wire it back. There was absolutely no need for looking up numbers and calling banks. You just wasted your time.

I received this a few minutes ago. It is obviously a scam.

Our client sent you a company's payment, using US mail services, with these details:

Client’s name: CAROLINE JENNIFER GRASSMANN;
    Amount: $2,620.00;
    Invoice: TH 360-AB.

The check is payable to you so after you will cash it your obligation is to purchase these items:

1. Printer: HP DeskJet D4360 Color Printer or similar(color, at least 20PPM) = $70
    2. Print cartridge: 74/75 black/tricolor Inkjet Combo Pack = $30
    3. Envelopes: Double Window Size #10= 4 1/8" x 9 ½" = $150 per 2000 items
    Top Window size: 1 1/8" x 3 ½"
    From Left: 3/4"
    From Bottom: 2 1/8"
    Bottom Window size: 1 ¼" x 4"
    From Left: ¾"
    From Bottom: ½"
    4. White copy paper: 104 or 96 brightness, case of 5 reams = $25

Please keep $300 ($275 to purchase the items mentioned and $25 for gas ) from the client’s payment and redirect the rest to our office in United Kingdom:

Receiver: Luciano Gonzali
    (319 Finchley Road,
    Hampstead, London, NW3 6EP)
    United Kingdom

using WESTERN UNION as payment method.

*** In order to use Western Union services you have to go in person to a Western Union office.
    *** We support all the money transfer fees (around $140) so you have to deduct it from the company’s amount.

After the payment is done please email us all the payment info:

1. Western Union MTCN Number
    2. Amount sent (the Western Union fee is different from place to place)
    3. Sender's name and address(if other than yours)

so that we can move forward and provide you the company’s prepaid shipping account (to be able to mail the invoices) and your first set of invoices.
    We will provide all the instructions needed along with the first set of invoices.

Please confirm the receipt.

Kind regards
    Ms. Jessica Almin

Why not call the bank the check is drawn on and verify that there are funds sufficient to cover the amount? I have worked in a bank. People did that all the time in order to avoid fees associated with suspicious drafts.

Hello,

this is a scam. I got the check in the sum of $2640 and luckily went to cash it instead of depositing it to my account to double check. The person told me right away that this was a scam check and then she called the bank and they said that the account does not exist. I e-mailed this company back and told them this and I never heard from them again, but before that they e-mailed me every day.

This is the e-mail I got:

Our client sent you a company's payment, using US mail services, with these details:

Client’s name: ALYSSA MICHELLE HERRERA;
    Amount: $2,640.00;
    Invoice: WT 460-OT.

The check is payable to you so after you will cash it your obligation is to purchase these items:

1. Printer: HP DeskJet D4360 Color Printer or similar(color, at least 20PPM) = $70
    2. Print cartridge: 74/75 black/tricolor Inkjet Combo Pack = $30
    3. Envelopes: Double Window Size #10= 4 1/8" x 9 ½" = $150 per 2000 items
    Top Window size: 1 1/8" x 3 ½"
    From Left: 3/4"
    From Bottom: 2 1/8"
    Bottom Window size: 1 ¼" x 4"
    From Left: ¾"
    From Bottom: ½"
    4. White copy paper: 104 or 96 brightness, case of 5 reams = $25

Please keep $300 ($275 to purchase the items mentioned and $25 for gas ) from the client’s payment and redirect the rest to our office in United Kingdom:

Receiver: Cristiano Gansilo
    (317 Finchley Road,
    Hampstead, London, NW3 6EP)
    United Kingdom

using WESTERN UNION as payment method.

*** In order to use Western Union services you have to go in person to a Western Union office.
    *** We support all the money transfer fees (around $140) so you have to deduct it from the company’s amount.

After the payment is done please email us all the payment info:

1. Western Union MTCN Number
    2. Amount sent (the Western Union fee is different from place to place)
    3. Sender's name and address(if other than yours)

so that we can move forward and provide you the company’s prepaid shipping account (to be able to mail the invoices) and your first set of invoices.
    We will provide all the instructions needed along with the first set of invoices.

Please confirm the receipt.

Kind regards
    Ms. Jessica Almin

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    This situation, which I highlighted in bold, is always a scan. There are no legitimate businesses that mail you too much money and immediately ask you wire it back. There was absolutely no need for looking up numbers and calling banks. You just wasted your time.
    I actually called the bank on the check to notify them that one of their account holders might be a victim of identity theft and that the check I received could be stolen.