+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thank you Stephen Colbert!!!

HI People,

If there are people here, grateful to Stephen Colbert, for speaking truth to power, show him your thanks here: Thank you Stephen Colbert

I did. ;) :D

DeeDee1965

Re: Thank you Stephen Colbert!!!

Over 40,000 thank yous posted already. Of course the MSM is poo-pooing his speech. Saying it was "Over the top", "not funny", ect, ect. Typical response from those pandering lapdogs but from the huge number of posts on the "thank you" site I'd have to say he definitely touched a nerve in the hearts of many, many Americans. If the Coretta Scott King funeral was a slap in the face then Colbert's' remarks were definitely the much needed backhand! Nothing like a straight shot of truth to wipe that obnoxious smirk off King George's face!

Quote Originally Posted by EderLore
    Over 40,000 thank yous posted already. Of course the MSM is poo-pooing his speech. Saying it was "Over the top", "not funny", ect, ect. Typical response from those pandering lapdogs but from the huge number of posts on the "thank you" site I'd have to say he definitely touched a nerve in the hearts of many, many Americans. If the Coretta Scott King funeral was a slap in the face then Colbert's' remarks were definitely the much needed backhand! Nothing like a straight shot of truth to wipe that obnoxious smirk off King George's face!
    This illuminates how completely out of touch the fascist MSM is and how terminally disconnected from reality The Bushstapo remains in their insular world of self imposed delusional propaganda. They're so busy propping up the crumbling facade of BushCo lies and criminal cover-ups, they don't have the tolerance for any ray of truth. All Colbert did was hold a mirror up to their faces for a few brief moments. And the reflected image, if amusing, was certainly not pretty. I have long since ceased depending on the American media for any news and information whatsoever. The only thing it's good for is finding out whom Richie Sambora or Charlie Sheen is porking. Unfortunately, for too many Americans, that's what constitutes news these days. So, is it any wonder a low-life, brain-dead bum like G.W. Bush could slither into high office?
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-04-2006 at 04:12 AM.

I didn't get to see the whole thing, but what I did see was great.
    Colbert kicks ass! :D

That was awesome! And Bush couldn't get him off the stage either. Too funny.

I loved the chocolate city with marshmellow center surrounded by a grahamcracker crust of corruption. That analogy and all the rest were dead on target.

You bet I voted. Now I want the whole video.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 05-04-2006 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse
    I didn't get to see the whole thing, but what I did see was great.
    Colbert kicks ass! :D
    Here is the link to the transcript. It even reads funny!

http://www.democracynow.org/article....6/05/03/145234

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Lady Mod
    Thank you!

That was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Lady Mod
    WOW! I don't know what to quote as my favorite line. I laughed throughout the whole discourse, and then I sent the link on to my brother and others.
    And of course the man got my vote.
    Thank You Lady Mod for providing the "readable" link.
    Robert :cool:
    “Hence that general is skilful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.” SunTzu

Quote Originally Posted by rjrei

Thank You Lady Mod for providing the "readable" link.
    Robert :cool:

You are most welcome.

Lady Mod

Here's the video.

Colbert's "audition tape" for White House Press Secretary is awesome! Helen Thomas must have loved doing this!!

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/WH-Dinner-Colbert.wmv

By the way... did anyone see the dinner live? This video does not include the first part of the transcript...

Does anyone know if Cspan is going to rerun the entire thing?
    Last edited by Connecticut Victim; 05-04-2006 at 04:03 PM.

" The Giggling Murderer Stares Daggers At The Messenger"

Go to http://www.democracynow.org/article....6/05/03/145234

They have the complete video.

I saw it too... Isn't it strange that he was doing a comedy act and nobody is laughing?

The president and his impersonator got huge laughs, but Colbert got heaps of silence... I'm not going to debate this again (already debated it elsewhere) but since the audience was comprised of 80% liberals, I find it interesting that they weren't laughing their a.s.s.e.s off.

15. 05-04-2006, 08:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I saw it too... Isn't it strange that he was doing a comedy act and nobody is laughing?

The president and his impersonator got huge laughs, but Colbert got heaps of silence... I'm not going to debate this again (already debated it elsewhere) but since the audience was comprised of 80% liberals, I find it interesting that they weren't laughing their a.s.s.e.s off.
    Looks like the hallucinations are kicking in for this Monkey again. GOP Kool-Aid makes you think you know things and see things that aren't really true or there. It starts out with them believing there are WMD's under the bed. In the more advanced stages, everybody they see is a "librul" on a mission to get them and maliciously slander their leader, The Flying Monkey. Happily, though, the only real cure for them is suicide.
    Last edited by dchristie; 05-04-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Looks like the hallucinations are kicking in for this Monkey again. GOP Kool-Aid makes you think you know things and see things that aren't really true or there. It starts out with them believing there are WMD's under the bed and then, in the more advanced stages, everybody they see is a "librul". The only cure is suicide.

Are you trying to say that my observation that the audience isn't laughing is a "hallucination" dchristie?

If so, all anyone has to do is watch the tape and they will see that the hallucinations are being experienced by YOU dchristie... Not me.