+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Re: Leapforce IS A SCAM!

I haven't posted anything on this site in a few months. I am still a Leapforce rater. I'm on my sixth month. My contract is up for renewal, and I should find out if I'm getting renewed or not in the next couple weeks.

Please view my two posts below that I posted when I was first starting out.

The below image shows the invoices I have submitted to Leapforce. The low months were months I was having quality problems and they were restricting the amount of work I received. The current month is still on-going.

I just wanted to make sure people who needed this type of job would not be swayed by folks who are expressing opinions about Leapforce and those that are offering facts. Hence, the facts:

Quote Originally Posted by SmashMash View Post
    Any online, at home, kind of job is a scam, you are either under payed or under worked. There is nothing good about these "at home" jobs. :
    I have to thoroughly disagree. Right now, I am juggling three legitimate work at home jobs and the work that I do for all three is the equivalent to one full-time job. I've now worked my way up to making between $2,000-$3,000 per month. The companies that I work for are Appen Butler Hill, Crowd Content and WritersDomain. If you have skills, the money is there and there are legitimate companies. I began carefully researching work at home opportunities back in 2008.

I found these leads through my favorite work at home forum. wahm.com Other community based sites that share job leads and honest experiences to help members avoid scams in the work at home world are realwaystoearnmoney.com, wahadventures.com and workplacelikehome.com That workplacelikehome forum has an extensive listing of at home customer services jobs with fortune 500 companies like Verizon and At & T. Are those scams, as well? ;) Open thy mind beyond assuming that everything is a scam.

I had applied to work with those guys I guess it is time to avoid them.

Where do people find work online these days?

Re: If Leapforce terminated your contract....

The Leapforce contract is for 6 months and if they choose not to renew the contract, they give you about 2-weeks notice before the contract term is up. They can also terminate the contract early if you violate its terms. This is all standard independent contractor stuff. They don't "fire" you since you are not employed. They are your client and you are a contracted vendor of services for them.

The hardest part of their exam is the last 3rd one. Before that you spend whole week just studying and first 1,2 parts are some easy ways to give them a reason to see if you deserve of being evaluated by Leapforce ) They evaluate people, not the search engine...
    When I searched the web at least in Russia I found that most of the asticles on Leapforce are written by Leapforce "happy contractors" itself, pushing people to enter their company. Saying "study, study, study", study for what? The tasks are really easy and do not require any sort of 150 pages manual! And the General Guideliness are so much detailed and scepific over those simple issues that it takes more time not to understand but to remember how to interprete their goals and follow the rules of school level assignments. Why for?! And they have access to your personal and web surfing data at least while you are learning. They pretend to say that their exam is not for "idiot people", it's kind of hard but worth it, and bla bla bla. Think why would they need to keep you studying whole week to spend 8 hours exam on out of nothing subjects?
    Yes, they do give work finally if you are meant to pass, but it is barely enough for the stated amount of hours. So, it means they are so good at job seekers assessments, but absolutely dull when it comes to hrs of work calculation? Same thing refers to their feedback - WHY there is such a poor service once you sign contract? It sounds like they are much more concerned with the selection process other than with work itself. And again- why?
    Shall I give them correct answers or just to show my own way of mind to help their statistics? I have a strong feeling that this company specializes on sort of developing or improving search engine by processing our entry exam variables. What is search engine about? Linguistics, human intelligence, behavior and intents and their entry testing is a pure way to research and collect this data. And it's free for Leapforce! Imagine if someone wants you to spend 1 or 2 weeks of your life for a free research. You'll send this someone to hell.
    So if you want to make some money just be ready of being evaluated for no reward and may be if they have a trully vacant position, you'll get a job. Leapforce is definitely NOT scam in terms of their stated jobs. But I strongly believe their true purpose is not web search evaluation itself and here the scam goes.
    Last edited by DKagregative; 03-16-2015 at 10:11 AM.

I'm not sure how DKagregative came to the conclusions that he/she did. I have now been working for Leapforce for 1.5 years. The test is hard, yes. The test is designed to weed out people who are not serious, yes. But there is nothing "sinister" or "deceptive" about the purpose of the evaluation tests. You study a document and take a test. That's it. Why that bothers people, I don't know!? All I can say is if you can pass the tests, do the work, and maintain your quality, you'll have work. This is not employment. This is a small-business, so when you no longer keep your client (i.e. Leapforce) happy, they won't keep using you.

I can upload my paychecks to show that you can make money. The months with a low amount are months I was restricted for poor quality work.

Click below to get more information about working for Leapforce and to apply. Have your resume ready.

Well almost 5 years of being "scammed" by being paid every month as expected. Please people think it's a scam...please please...so I can continue to pick up the work that otherwise would go to you. Ahhh I used to hate this thread because people insulted the work I did but now I love it because the more trash the people talk that just don't "get it" the more work I have available to me :) Keep it up :)

Hi PeggieSue,

The reason no one discusses earnings per hour after taxes is that taxes are different for everyone. It is based on so many things (e.g. total income, types of income, state of residency, marital status, kids, investments, deductions, etc, etc, etc), that no one could give you a reasonable answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Because when you work for LeapForce you are an Independent Contractor and must pay taxes on what you earn, was the $13.50 an hr you posted what you make after or before taxes?
    How much would your earnings be an hour after taxes? It may differ from state to state on how the taxes would be paid but please give us the best answer possible on how much you make after taxes.

I always wonder why nobody mentions this or discusses it. You posted about taxes but not what the pay is per hr. after taxes are paid.

Because when you work for LeapForce you are an Independent Contractor and must pay taxes on what you earn, was the $13.50 an hr you posted what you make after or before taxes?
    How much would your earnings be an hour after taxes? It may differ from state to state on how the taxes would be paid but please give us the best answer possible on how much you make after taxes.

I always wonder why nobody mentions this or discusses it. You posted about taxes but not what the pay is per hr. after taxes are paid.

Personally I set aside about 1/4 of my income to put towards taxes because it seems to be a "safe" bet. It depends so much on how many children you have, what your deductions are, your tax bracket. This isn't really something that can be answered easily. I'd say take away 1/4 and save it for taxes and hope for the best. Personally I have my hubby claim 0 from his job and with the tax credits for 2 children and home office deductions it usually evens out for me but as someone mentioned it depends on your state taxes and stuff too. Nobody can answer this for you except a tax professional because it's really based on YOUR personal finances.

I do not think that this sounds legit at all. I just feel funny about it. And it seems to me that when I feel off about something, it is usually off. Just seems too good to be true. Others feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisses View Post
    I do not think that this sounds legit at all. I just feel funny about it. And it seems to me that when I feel off about something, it is usually off. Just seems too good to be true. Others feel that way?
    So don't apply :) Means more work for me :)

Could mean, if no one applied and feels this company sounds like a scam, you would be out of a job.
    I've defended the company as much as possible... Not sure what else I can say to prove to these people that it's legit...

Leapforce is most definitely not a scam. Why is it so difficult for many of you to grasp the concept that search engine sites like Google want the general public to rate their results to help improve them? Leapforce is just one of several companies that finds people to do this for them, and of course they are compensated for it, just like the raters, like myself, are too. This is a 100% legitimate business. As so many have said, you will be paid $13.50/hr, BEFORE taxes, which you are responsible for paying yourself each quarter. You may work from home, or pretty much from where ever you want. It's as simple as that folks.

I joined this forum just to say the following:

I have done work at home jobs that were legit, and have written a post or two, TOPS, when someone comes to a forum and says that they are a scam because of x, y, or z. Example: I worked for a very legit company who had a contract with a telecommunications company, and I made a lot of money, (worked my tail off for it though), while that contract was in place. Someone came to a work at home forum and stated that they had not been paid, and were thinking the company was a scam. I wrote one reply. Several who worked there also wrote one reply.

What you did not see? Multiple posts from the same people about how everyone is an idiot, how it's not a scam, how you have to be "intelligent" to get paid, on and on. While I understand that there is no problem letting someone know, "hey, no, it's not a scam, I've worked here x and I get paid x on time, every time", when you LIVE on a forum, on ONE thread, for 6 years, and write over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again that you a) don't care what people think b) goody more work for me c) you're all morons you not only show what a hypocrite you are, you make absolutely zero sense whatsoever.

If you don't care, if you think "goody more work for me", if you think everyone is an idiot, then you have no need to continually come to a thread, over SIX YEARS to say the same thing over and over again. It shows the rest of us that you are LYING through your teeth. NO ONE is that loyal to a company that pays them $13.50/hr. BS. Stop with the lies. You're not fooling anyone.

I have worked for Leapforce for several months now and I LOVE it! My other friend has been doing it for over a year. I get paid every month as I should. The reason people get fired is because of their quality of work. I am perfectly happy working there because it allows me to stay home with my son. No complaints from me :)

survive in bed review
    survive in bed review survive in bed review survive in bed review

I have worked for LEAPFORCE for almost a year. It is NOT a scam. I am always paid on time and correctly. You should not misinform people who are genuinely seeking part-time legitimate from home employment.