+ Reply to Thread

Pimped-Out Babies -- Say What?

This is definitely going too far. Hope they bomb.

-------------------------------------------

May 2, 2006

Pimped-Out Babies -- Say What?

A new clothing line for infants and toddlers, called Pimpfants, puts kids in "gangsta-style" outfits that PastDeadline.com called "wildly inappropriate."

The five-month-old company, started by three men in Portland, Ore., features shirts with messages such as "Jr. Pimp Squad" and "Ho." It also offers "baby beater" undershirts. Other messaging is inappropriate for CitizenLink.

"The term 'pimp' really doesn't mean the same thing today as it did in the '70s," said one of the partners, who preferred to remain anonymous. "It's more of a fashion sense than a lifestyle."

Did he actually use the word "sense" when he talked about dressing up babies in gangsta clothing?

From
    http://www.family.org/cforum/briefs/a0040337.cfm

Re: Pimped-Out Babies -- Say What?

"Pimpfants" Damn, that's funny. Thanks for posting that, I needed a laugh :P

Can't you just see an 18 year old girl looking at her baby pictures and seeing that her parents had labeled her a "Ho" when she was six months old?

I was around in the 70's, and pimp did not mean fashion sense or lifestyle. It was an illegal, exploitative, and sometimes brutal activity (and still is). Why would anyone be proud to be a pimp?

It's just another sign of the decline of our culture. Down is up, up is down, left is right, and right is wrong.

LS

Boone should probably get his facts straight before blogging. Pimpfants has nothing in the entire line that says Ho or anything related to a ho. Pimpfants also doesn't have one design that is even remotely affiliated with anything that has to do with a gang. Those of you that are so far removed from urban life see any urban influenced fashion and automatically think, "GANG".
    Also, some of you older generation people were raised with the term pimp meaning one and only one thing. The younger generations on the other hand have grown up with it having a completely non related meaning. It's simple etymology. The fact that you can't hear the word pimp without quickly thinking of ho's & street pimps sounds like your own issue. You were probably the same people that got offended when the term sucks started being used to describe lousy. Or you probably couldn't hear a kid call something *****en (coined in the 80's to mean awesome) without thinking they must be calling someone a *****.
    The fact is every major network is using the word pimp to reference style so it's only logical that young people are going to use the term as well. If you want to get offended by clothing then go to the local mall. It's almost impossible to find something for a young girl that isn't Provocative. Pimpfants clothing isn't provocative at all. It's just using slang terms that you as free individuals can interpret however you like. Most people that will buy the product understand that it is in no way affiliated with pimps and ho's. If you replace the word pimp in each design with the word style then you will understand how those of us who recognize the concept see it. We are not bad people who wish to have our kids look like street pimps. We are just people into urban influenced fashion that recognize current slang terms. If Pimpfants truly was ho clothes for kids then you are right, it would be wildy Inappropriate. But that is not the case here.
    Thanks for putting up with my rant.

I'm with Squire Boone on this one.
    Pimp is procurer is madam is "Keeper of a Disorderly Establishment"
    Pimp is living off the sweat and misery of others.
    ...And who in their right mind would stitch this word into baby Snookum's Dr. Dentons?

"I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused." Elvis Costello

This is just another sad look at what society has become. One of the t-shirts has a reference to incest. What decent person would buy such clothes for a child?

Quote Originally Posted by abc22
    Boone should probably get his facts straight before blogging. Pimpfants has nothing in the entire line that says Ho or anything related to a ho. Pimpfants also doesn't have one design that is even remotely affiliated with anything that has to do with a gang. Those of you that are so far removed from urban life see any urban influenced fashion and automatically think, "GANG".
    Also, some of you older generation people were raised with the term pimp meaning one and only one thing. The younger generations on the other hand have grown up with it having a completely non related meaning. It's simple etymology. The fact that you can't hear the word pimp without quickly thinking of ho's & street pimps sounds like your own issue. You were probably the same people that got offended when the term sucks started being used to describe lousy. Or you probably couldn't hear a kid call something *****en (coined in the 80's to mean awesome) without thinking they must be calling someone a *****.
    The fact is every major network is using the word pimp to reference style so it's only logical that young people are going to use the term as well. If you want to get offended by clothing then go to the local mall. It's almost impossible to find something for a young girl that isn't Provocative. Pimpfants clothing isn't provocative at all. It's just using slang terms that you as free individuals can interpret however you like. Most people that will buy the product understand that it is in no way affiliated with pimps and ho's. If you replace the word pimp in each design with the word style then you will understand how those of us who recognize the concept see it. We are not bad people who wish to have our kids look like street pimps. We are just people into urban influenced fashion that recognize current slang terms. If Pimpfants truly was ho clothes for kids then you are right, it would be wildy Inappropriate. But that is not the case here.
    Thanks for putting up with my rant.
    Im so sorry for you...apperently you do have children( thank God !) but *** still means *** and pimp still means pimp

abc22, next you’ll be telling us that Pimpfants has nothing that reference incest. I’ve been to the site. I've read what's on the clothing.

In the section “lil beaters,” the header of the website sports two children dressed as gangsters and a baby with a tattoo on his hand that says “pimp.”

Rose. People like you that take everything so literally are destined to have a stressed out life. Your the types that make it so people constantly have to walk on eggshells to make sure no one is being offended. Don't tell that joke, someone may not understand. Also if you knew anything about real gangs you would know there is nothing gang related in the picture you are referencing. There's no gang signs or gang colored rags. People like you see grafitti style art and think gang. You see baseball caps tilted sideways and you think gang. You see baggy pants and think gang. I'm sure if it was the sixties you would be appalled at men with long hair. In the 50's you would be disgusted at the way the greasers dressed. It all boils down to you basing all your judgements off misunderstanding todays youth and their styles. Do you honestly think the my mommies a milf dseign is referencing incest? Give me a break. Milf has evolved to mean nothing more than a hot mom. Keep taking everything so literally and I'm sure you'll spend your entire life being offended by and judging other peoples styles. Just remember, Judging taste is all relative to the taste of the judge.

Dear abc22:

I DID get my facts straight, and i am a lady, thank you very much.

Man, do i feel sorry for you- I really do.

Your apathy and devil-may-care attitude could get you in trouble, I am afraid. Get a clue.

[QUOTE=abc22]Rose. People like you that take everything so literally are destined to have a stressed out life.

I have a teen & tween of course I'm stressed.

People like you see grafitti style art and think gang.

I happen to like graffiti art.

You see baseball caps tilted sideways and you think gang.

No I think & that's the boy my daughter thinks is cute!

You see baggy pants and think gang.

No, I tell my son to pull up his pants.

I'm sure if it was the sixties you would be appalled at men with long hair.

I married a man with long hair.

In the 50's you would be disgusted at the way the greasers dressed.

The movie “Outsiders” happens to be my favorite movies & my parents actually grew up in the fifties.

It all boils down to you basing all your judgements off misunderstanding todays youth and their styles.

I'm the mother of two teens. Save the rant!

Do you honestly think the my mommies a milf dseign is referencing incest?

You don't need to explain to me what MILF means. I already know.

For those who don't know. You can look up the definition here http://www.urbandictionary.com/

I have no problems with the clothing, it's the sayings on the clothing.

Now, I've voiced my opinion one what I consider to be very inappropriate , I don't feel the need to discuss it further. Bye Bye

Ps: Talk about stereotyping, you stereotyped me based on my opinion.
    Last edited by RoseDesRochers; 05-27-2006 at 03:31 AM.

Rose,
    I would like to appologize to you. You are right. In my attempt to tell people to stop judging all I did was hypocritically judge you. After reading my first reply to you and then your reply back I have learned a valuable lesson. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes this country so great. Once again I am sorry for judging you. There is one last thing though. If we are going to use the Urban dictionary as valid definitions, doesn't that mean that pimp does mean style with no relation to street pimps?

Are you looking at the same definition that I am? Pimp Definition :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter where you look up the definition to MILF. We both know what it means. Feel free to use http://wikipedia.org/

Can you honestly sit there and tell me that is appropriate for children’s clothing?

Anyhow, it's your opinion.

Now that I’ve gone and blogged about you, I guess I’ll have to post that you apologized. ;)

Apology accepted. Later! :D