+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Care Path Marketing and Michael A Conway

Has anyone worked in the Medicare/Medical Supply home business?
    Do you know anything about Care Path Marketing and Michael A Conway?

Re: Care Path Marketing and Michael A Conway

Stay away from this Conman. He goes from company to company leaving a trail of closed and destroyed companies. He is illegally using other legitimate companies Medicare billing numbers in order to process high priced and unecessary equipment to unsuspecting seniors. You can see for yourself by viewing the 26 DME Supplier Standards where it post that you are not allowed to use anyone companies Medicare billing number. You should report him and his scam operation to Medicare fraud like so many have already done. It is only a matter of time before the feds put him where he belongs, PRISON.

This post is entirely false and inaccurate. CarePath, in my experience, is compliant and a pleasure to work with. I've been receiving commissions from them for a very long time, and they have a great reputation. If anyone questions; just call their main supplier swedeo.com and ask for yourself. Product and company is great, and they don't do anything close to what this Stinker poster suggests. Best of luck to you.

Sorry insurance12345, Stinker169 is right. Why don't you ask WeCare DME, or most recently, A Caring Kind of Place DME, if Mr. Conway's setup is legal? You won't be able to since both have been closed down due to Carepath and Michael Conway's illegal activities. Don't doubt that because people are receiving products and people are getting paid that there is not an "open and ongoing investigation." It is taking a little longer because Mr. Conway does not hold the required NPI number or Provider number in order to submit orders, or solicit to Medicare holders. Because you are getting paid means nothing. Illegal operations make money all the time, and they pay those willing to ignore the facts as long as they're making money. My predicition is the companies that he is working with, InCare and ADM Medical will be audited within the next 3-6 months and closed shortly after. Mr. Conway and his group will then move to another company that, willing or unknowingly, will take his business. Within a year Mr. Conway and others will be in prison with hefty restitution penalties. Just because Mr. Conway denies there is anything wrong with doing business this way does not mean he is right. You have to ask yourself, 1. who has the financial incentive to benefit from this illegal activity?, 2. why has every company that Mr. Conway has done business with been closed down? If you're unwilling to honestly come to the conclusion of any sensible person you are probably where you belong. :

There are many illegal acts that Mr. Conway and others commit daily. Here is one very basic rule that every person participating in this scam is subject to.

The federal anti-kickback statute, section 1128B(b) of the Social Security Act (the Act), prohibits knowingly and willfully soliciting, receiving, offering, or paying anything of value to induce referrals of items or services payable by a federal health care program. Kickbacks are harmful because they can (1) distort medical decision-making, (2) cause overutilization, (3) increase costs to the federal health care programs, and (4) result in unfair competition by freezing out competitors unwilling to pay kickbacks. Both parties to an impermissible kickback transaction may be liable. Violation of the statute constitutes a felony punishable by a maximum fine of $25,000, imprisonment up to 5 years, or both. The OIG may also initiate administrative proceedings to exclude persons from the federal health care programs or to impose civil money penalties for kickback violations under sections 1128(b)(7) and 1128A(a)(7) of the Act.

"Just call Swedo and ask?" Well duh! Swedo is a manufacturer and is not held to the same or any standards as the legitimate companies that are enrolled to accept Medicare/Medicaid payments. Carepath does not purchase anything from Swedo. The companies that he illegally refers business to purchase the Thermoskin products and fill the orders not Michael CONway or Carepath. I'm sure Swedo is thrilled about the fact that you guys are pushing their products regardless of the way there being sold. Phone and ask them if they know anything about compliance or coding.THEY DO NOT. They are quick to point out that they only manufacture and sell products and have no liability to the insurance people or MEdicare/Medicaid. Why wouldn't the owner of Swedo love you guys? You're making him a ton of money. Carepath is a SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! The only thing that I disagree with from the previous post is the amount of time these companies will be around. Too long in my opinion. Don't drop the soap Michael and company.
    Last edited by telluwhat; 04-22-2010 at 06:21 AM.

This guy is as slippery as they get and will say what ever is necessary to get others to make him money. Below is his message when he was with ACKP, which is now out of business due to his relationship with them. Why has he gone to suckering Independent Contractors into his scheme if he is so concerned about being in compliance with CMS? According to him while he was with ACKP, you must be an "employee" of the "DME company." Story has changed since ACKP terminated their relationship with him. Unfortunately it was too late. Seems like this joker will do and say anything as long as he is making money. He is right about not being able to market products unless you are directly working for a DME company. What is laughable is that he actually adds his own wording saying that referring agents can work as 1099 agents for Carepath in order to receive commissions. WRONG!!!!!

Below is his flip flop what ever it takes to benefit me email message that has been forwarded to the Office of the Inspector General and Medicare Fraud division.

Still doubtful? Call or email Medicare Fraud in Florida and ask if the Carepath/InCare DME/ADM DME arrangment is legal. Ask if a non holder of a NPI or Provider number can send or refer business to a medical supply company. Ask if Carepath Marketing can recruit and pay independent contractors as a pyramid does. I did. YOU CANNOT!!! While you're at it why don't you report your own participation and see where it lands you?

“Medicare fraud continues to be a tremendous problem in South Florida, draining taxpayers’ dollars and putting them in the pockets of criminals,” said Special Agent in Charge John V. Gillies of the FBI’s Miami Division. “The FBI and its partners will continue to pursue those that steal from our health care system.”

By Phone: 1-866-417-2078
    By E-Mail: floridamedicarefraud@hp.com

Michael Conway's lie.

A number of you are sending emails indicating some remaining confusion about “Employee Status”, and why also the 1099. I'm pleased to explain this in greater detail. This is all about remaining compliant with CMS guidelines. CMS rules state that independent contractors cannot sell DME product directly to the patient; only employees of the DME. Referring Agents, MGA’s, GA’s, and those managing the sales team can be treated as referral agents and receive a 1099 as independent contractors from CarePath.

A Caring Kind of Place (ACKP) must have on file a W-2 for those offering DME product to patients; where everyone is compensated equally at 15% of the amount reimbursed by insurance for the products the patients desired and their physician prescribed. I have personally signed the same agreement and am an employee of A Caring Kind of Place; and loving it.

CarePath Marketing, Inc. must have a W-9 on file to pay out anything above that amount as referral overrides, and will be issuing 1099’s and the end of each year. We have your W-9's on file

Payroll is right around the corner, and we issued these employee packages yesterday for those of you who have orders. You are now gainfully employed! Those that have produced orders will receive payroll, and those with referral overrides will receive 1099’d commissions; hence the W-9 and the W-2.

Anyone who is new, and wanting to come aboard fills out the attached “Invitation to Produce”, along with a copy of insurance license or criminal background check. It’s more or less an Employment Application and the employment agreement is turned in with the first order. This allows CarePath to enter the new person in our database under the correct hierarchy. Upon the new prospective employee receiving materials and training, they decide whether to pursue DME sales by turning in their first order, an employment agreement with a W-2, I-9, and Direct Deposit is turned in.

For those of you expecting payroll for orders you have turned in this month or anticipate receiving payroll in the future resulting from your current marketing activities, please complete the employment package and fax to 1-888-216-8672. If you are not producing and are only expecting override commissions, we have your W-9 on file, and no action is needed.

I hope this clears up any confusion! All of you are doing great, and thank you!

Michael A Conway
    General Agent
    CarePath Marketing, Inc.
    11328 Ridge Road
    New Port Richey , FL 34654

Your days of scamming Medicare and misleading others are numbered. I would be looking over my shoulder if I was you.
    Last edited by snakekiller; 04-24-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Sound familiar?

Three Charged in Florida Medicare Fraud Scheme

Ethiopian Review | April 24th, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Jeffrey H. Sloman, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and John V. Gillies, Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, announced today that defendant Ernesto Angel Montaner, formerly of Miami-Dade County, was indicted on April 22, 2010 on charges of conspiracy to commit health care fraud, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1349, and multiple counts of health care fraud, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1347. Last week, the United States Attorney filed a related Information against Ernesto Angel Montaner’s son, Ernesto Montaner, and co-conspirator, Jose Antonio Varona. They were both charged with conspiracy to commit Medicare fraud, in violation of Title 18, United States Codes, Section 1349.
    The indictment alleges that Ernesto Angel Montaner and his son, Ernesto Montaner, together with other conspirators, operated and controlled multiple physical and occupational therapy (PT/OT) clinics, including Infinity Therapy Inc., Mega Therapy Center, Inc., and Miami Dade Medical Group, Inc. The Montaners, together with Jose Antonio Varona, also controlled a fourth PT/OT clinic, known as Florida Rehabilitation Clinic, Inc.
    The indictment alleges that Ernesto Angel Montaner and Ernesto Montaner made periodic cash kickback payments to patient recruiters, and to an undercover law enforcement officer posing as a patient recruiter, in return for the referral of Medicare beneficiaries for PT/OT services. The indictment further alleges that Ernesto Angel Montaner, Ernesto Montaner, and Jose Antonio Varona paid periodic cash kickbacks to the owners of assisted living facilities, home health agencies, and other medical facilities, all of whom referred Medicare beneficiaries to Infinity Therapy, Mega Therapy, or Florida Rehabilitation Clinic for PT/OT services.
    According to the indictment, the conspirators paid the kickbacks without regard to the Medicare beneficiaries’ actual medical condition, and without regard to whether PT/OT services were medically necessary. The indictment further alleges that, to conceal certain kickback payments, defendants Ernesto Angel Montaner and Ernesto Montaner issued checks from Infinity Therapy payable to JAV Consulting, a shell corporation controlled by defendant Varona, or to other shell corporations controlled by Varona’s personal associates. Thereafter, Varona allegedly used the funds to make illegal cash kickback payments to patient recruiters, and to the owners of various medical facilities.

I also worked for A Caring Kind of Place which is a great company-things turned around quickly and I was always paid on time. I left them because of Mike Conway the sales director who is a shady man-I could not work for him anymore. His company name is Care Path which I refer to as Fraud Path. I warned A Caring Kind of Place to stay away from him-he does whatever he needs to to make a dime and is not out for the best interest of the company. I heard that they have since parted ways. This industry is full of jokers like him. I personally feel Frank is trying to do the right thing though.
    225 days ago by p. riley +1 Votes
    I agree happy now! Carepath marketing is bad news. This guy goes from one company to another with his group. He is bad news and every company he goes to, he gets shut down and then moves on to another one. I pity the company he goes to next as they will be the next victim. If he was doing things right, why wouldn't he get a provider #. Agents beware-the feds are after this guy. If you follow him, he is likely to put your ins license revoked. He gives out false information and does not care about you other than the paycheck you make him. He was with WECARE before, until he got them shut down.

225 days ago by p. riley +1 Votes
    CHECK HIM OUT ON
    http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/...9050&rnd=47168
    and
    http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/...2023&rnd=47168

EWWW!

216 days ago by pigsslyq 0 Votes
    A few DUI's call out the FBI you know he has to be a criminal. Well that was my original thought. Though this message has changed my mind.

Here is some recent information about CarePath Marketing. This is the company that CarePath was using prior to We Care.

--- On Thu, 9/17/09, Katie Haney wrote:

Subject: Unauthorized/Inaccurate status reports
    To: "Kelly Wolfe"
    Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 7:05 PM

Subject: Unauthorized/Inaccurate status reports

Attention ACKP employees,

It has come to our attention that CarePath Marketing is distributing false and inaccurate status reports.

As notified by email 09/16/2009, CarePath Marketing is no longer in charge of status reports. All inquiries are to be emailed ONLY to info@ackpdme.com . Our staff will reply to your request within a 48 hour period.

All reps will receive their updated reports by 09/21/2009.

To reiterate, only reports or replies from email addresses from arc4dme.com or ackpdme.com are valid.

Thank you,

Patrick Wolfe
    A Caring Kind of Place Medical Supplies and Equipment, Inc.

212 days ago by j fortunato 0 Votes
    Anyone interested in working for him should ask him what happened to wecare. he had them shut down for his activities. He is dishonest. I have known him for years and I can tell you, he has ripped off many people. I have a long history of Mike Conway and who he has screwed. He is not to be trusted.
    I think the company above was after WeCare but I am not sure. That seems to be pretty recent.

212 days ago by j fortunato 0 Votes
    by working for him, I mean Michael Conway-the scam artist. Bet the next company he works for gets shut down!!

156 days ago by Gaurdian 0 Votes
    All of the companies listed above are connected with Mike Conway. You'll see that they are exactly the same. The company, A Caring Kind of Place, is actually Wilmington Island DME, Inc. ACKP is not an actual company but a web address.

I would be careful with any of these companies and if you wish to become involved with similar service companies, please do your research and check them out thoroughly before you join. This whole thing is simply unreal to me.

Is there any reputable company out there that's helping the senior's? If you have one please let me know.

153 days ago by Jan Ransford +1 Votes
    A Caring Kind of Place is a reputable company that only had the name tarnished after they hired Mike Conway. I worked for them before and after they joined forces with him. He can not open his mouth without lying and he hurt this company. I was on a training call with Mike once. He had the owners of ACKP on the phone doing training and advising the reps of what to do to be in compliance. As soon as the owners got off the phone, Mike advised us to disregard what they said as we would not make $ doing the right thing!!! What a tool he is. How can anyone respect him??!! He has since moved on to ADM Medical Supplies and Equipment and a company called Incare. Mark my words-they will be shut down within the next six months. Michael Arch Conway is under investigation and will ruin more peoples hard earned businesses before this is done.

There is a lot of talk about what is and isn't allowable when it comes to Michael Conway's company, Carepath Marketing. I have come to the firm conclusion that Mr. Conway is defrauding the Medicare system and misleading many people and companies in the process. If after a few phone calls and a little research online, I am able to determine what is allowable and what is not, someone who owns their own company and has allegedly had to two companies closed, Michael Conway has to know exactly what he is doing.

Here's what I have learned after conducting my own research and contacting the Office of the Inspector General for Medicare fraud.

1. Lie one. There is no such thing as a legal marketing firm (Carepath Marketing) allowed in the US federal healthcare system. If you are selling, promoting, or soliciting to insured Medicare or Medicaid people, you must be accredited, hold a national provider number, and a Medicare billers number. There is no way around this. Michael Conway and those involved in his company are committing fraud with every order. The companies that are filling the orders are also committing fraud.

2. Lie two. Michael Conway claims that you can earn overrides for recruiting other people into his business just like life and health insurance sales people. Again, this is false information. There is no similarity to how people in the health and life insurance agency are paid and how you can be paid in a federally funded program.

3. Lie three involves Michael Conway's claims that you may use a third party lead source. Leads and contacting Medicare insurance holders is strickly prohibited either by phone or in person. Michael Conway frequently refers agents to third party lead sources and instructs his followers to illegally solict Medicare insurance holders.

This man is seriously bad news for you if you are an honest person or business. It is a shame that so many people are working so hard for this shady man and the two medical supply companies. If you are currently working for him it is a lose-lose short term venture. Get out while you still can.

This was pulled right off the internet-

Medicare only covers durable medical equipment if you get it from a supplier enrolled in the Medicare Program. This means that the supplier has been approved by Medicare and has a Medicare supplier number. To find a supplier that is enrolled in the Medicare Program, visit www.medicare.gov and select “Find Suppliers of Medical Equipment in Your Area.” You can also call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to get this information. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. A supplier enrolled in the Medicare Program must meet strict standards to qualify for a Medicare supplier number. If your supplier doesn’t have a supplier number, Medicare won’t pay your claim, even if your supplier is a large chain or department store that sells more than just durable medical equipment.

Section 1834(a)(17)(A) of the Social Security Act prohibits suppliers of durable medical equipment (DME) from making unsolicited telephone calls to Medicare beneficiaries regarding the furnishing of a covered item, except in three specific situations: (i) The beneficiary has given written permission to the supplier to make contact by telephone; (ii) the contact is regarding a covered item that the supplier has already furnished the beneficiary; or (iii) the supplier has furnished at least one covered item to the beneficiary during the preceding 15 months. Section 1834(a)(17)(B) specifically prohibits payment to a supplier that knowingly submits a claim generated pursuant to a prohibited telephone solicitation. Accordingly, such claims for payment are false and violators are potentially subject to criminal, civil, and administrative penalties, including exclusion from Federal health care programs.

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) has received credible information that some DME suppliers continue to use independent marketing firms to make unsolicited telephone calls to Medicare beneficiaries to market DME, notwithstanding the clear statutory prohibition. Suppliers cannot do indirectly that which they are prohibited from doing directly. If a claim for payment is submitted for items or services generated by a prohibited solicitation, both the DME supplier and the telemarketer are potentially liable for criminal, civil, and administrative penalties for causing the filing of a false claim, as well as criminal and civil penalties for using interstate telephone calls in furtherance of schemes to defraud.

Email from Michael Conway-Uh Oh!

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Michael A Conway wrote:

Subject: $10 Appointments wanting your visit
    To: mconway@carepathdme.com
    Cc: "Agent Support" <agents@carepathmarketing.com>, bmckinzie@freshappointments.com
    Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

These folks contacted me and said they will give you appointments for $10 each…thought I’d pass along! I know the owner well, and is a great guy. Visit web-site or email for inquiries. CarePath is not a lead company!

bmckinzie@freshappointments.com

www.freshappointments.com

Michael A Conway
    GA, CarePath Marketing, Inc.
    11328 Ridge Road #45 New Port Richey , FL 34654
    Phone: 727.755.0563 Fax: 888.216.8672

What To Do If You Have Information About Fraud and Abuse Involving Medicare or Medicaid ProgramsIf you have information about DME suppliers or telemarketers engaging in any of the activities described above, contact any of the regional offices of OIG, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, at the following locations:

San Francisco........................... No. CA, OR, WA, ID, AK......... 415-437-7961

Los Angeles............................. So. CA, AZ, NV, HI............. 714-246-8302

Miami................................... FL............................. 305-530-7756

Dated: December 14, 2009.

Daniel R. Levinson,

Inspector General.

[FR Doc. 2010-562 Filed 1-13-10; 8:45 am]

Still want to represent Michael Conway and Carepath?

I was asked by a member to provide more of what was found on the internet. I hope this helps.

26 Supplier Standards

Resource: Medicare Enrollment Application, DMEPOS, Form CMS-855S, http://www.cms.gov/cmsforms/downloads/cms855s.pdf [PDF]
    Note: This list is an abbreviated version of the application certification standards that every Medicare DMEPOS supplier must meet in order to obtain and retain their billing privileges. These standards, in their entirety, are listed in 42 C.F.R. pt. 424, sec 424.57(c) and were effective on December 11, 2000.
    1. A supplier must be in compliance with all applicable Federal and State licensure and regulatory requirements.
    2. A supplier must provide complete and accurate information on the DMEPOS supplier application. Any changes to this information must be reported to the National Supplier Clearinghouse within 30 days.
    3. An authorized individual (one whose signature is binding) must sign the application for billing privileges.
    4. A supplier must fill orders from its own inventory, or must contract with other companies for the purchase of items necessary to fill the order. A supplier may not contract with any entity that is currently excluded from the Medicare program, any State health care programs, or from any other Federal procurement or nonprocurement programs.
    5. A supplier must advise beneficiaries that they may rent or purchase inexpensive or routinely purchased durable medical equipment, and of the purchase option for capped rental equipment.
    6. A supplier must notify beneficiaries of warranty coverage and honor all warranties under applicable State law, and repair or replace free of charge Medicare-covered items that are under warranty.
    7. A supplier must maintain a physical facility on an appropriate site.
    8. A supplier must permit CMS or its agents to conduct on-site inspections to ascertain the supplier's compliance with these standards. The supplier location must be accessible to beneficiaries during reasonable business hours, and must maintain a visible sign and posted hours of operation.
    9. A supplier must maintain a primary business telephone listed under the name of the business in a local directory or a toll free number available through directory assistance. The exclusive use of a beeper, answering machine, or cell phone is prohibited.
    10. A supplier must have comprehensive liability insurance in the amount of at least $300,000 that covers both the supplier's place of business and all customers and employees of the supplier. If the supplier manufactures its own items, this insurance must also cover product liability and completed operations. Failure to maintain required insurance at all times will result in revocation of the supplier's billing privileges retroactive to the date the insurance lapsed.
    11. A supplier must agree not to initiate telephone contact with beneficiaries, with a few exceptions allowed. This standard prohibits suppliers from calling beneficiaries in order to solicit new business.
    12. A supplier is responsible for delivery and must instruct beneficiaries on use of Medicare-covered items, and maintain proof of delivery.
    13. A supplier must answer questions and respond to complaints of beneficiaries, and maintain documentation of such contacts.
    14. A supplier must maintain and replace at no charge or repair directly, or through a service contract with another company, Medicare-covered items it has rented to beneficiaries.
    15. A supplier must accept returns of substandard (less than full quality for the particular item) or unsuitable items (inappropriate for the beneficiary at the time it was fitted and rented or sold) from beneficiaries.
    16. A supplier must disclose these supplier standards to each beneficiary to whom it supplies a Medicare-covered item.
    17. A supplier must disclose to the government any person having ownership, financial, or control interest in the supplier.
    18. A supplier must not convey or reassign a supplier number; i.e. the supplier may not sell or allow another entity to use its Medicare Supplier Billing Number.
    19. A supplier must have a complaint resolution protocol established to address beneficiary complaints that relate to these standards. A record of these complaints must be maintained at the physical facility.
    20. Complaint records must include: the name, address, telephone number and health insurance claim number of the beneficiary, a summary of the complaint, and any actions taken to resolve it.
    21. A supplier must agree to furnish CMS any information required by the Medicare statute and implementing regulations.
    22. All suppliers must be accredited by a CMS-approved accreditation organization in order to receive and retain a supplier billing number. The accreditation must indicate the specific products and services, for which the supplier is accredited in order for the supplier to receive payment of those specific products and services (except for certain exempt pharmaceuticals).
    23. All suppliers must notify their accreditation organization when a new DMEPOS location is opened.
    24. All supplier locations, whether owned or subcontracted, must meet the DMEPOS quality standards and be separately accredited in order to bill Medicare.
    25. All suppliers must disclose upon enrollment all products and services, including the addition of new product lines for which they are seeking accreditation
    26. Must meet the surety bond requirements specified in 42 C.F.R. 424.57(c). Implementation date- May 4, 2009

Wondering if it's worth participating in healthcare fraud?

Wake up people and smell the scheme!

As someone who is active in health care, I am appalled to learn that this criminal activity is being promoted as compliant, legal, and a work at home opportunity no less.

Has anyone ever considered why of the hundreds of thousands of accredited suppliers only Carepath Marketing is offering this "unbelievable opportunity" to make money working part time simply by recruiting people to Mr. Conway's company, and selling products to Medicare patients.

Could it be that Mr. Conway is a genius, a marketing guru? Or is he a sly conman that is abusing the federal health care system, putting many in jeopardy, and harming legitimate businesses that observe the rules?

Think about it. For the first time in US history, and in all the years that Medicare, a federally funded health care system run by the US government has been in existence, Mr. Conway has created a pyramid pay plan that the US government is actually paying for!!! Just recruit, recruit, recruit, and earn!

People what are you thinking! Wake up and smell the scheme! Do you really believe that the federal justice system, the US tax payers will allow you to live in Mr. Conway's fantasy world? Ask any honest person who works in the health care system and they will tell you how wrong, illegal, and not in compliance this is. If you are really serious about working in the health care industry and helping people there are over a hundred-thousand reputable and compliant companies that you can work for. You will not find a single one like Mr.Conway's company (for good reason), but if you want to be working legally without worry of going to prison this should not matter.
    Of course there will be those who are participating with Carepath that will tell you this is perfectly legal, that Mr.Conway is a marketing genius. They may even convince you that for the first time since the beginning of time this company has the US government fnuding his scheme. Afterall, why would these supply companies be participating in his scheme? Don't they know better? They should. Just ask the last two companies.

I pray that by considering all the information that you have before you, you make the right choice before it is too late.

Compensation programs that offer incentives for items or services ordered or the revenue they generate may lead to the ordering of medically unnecessary items or supplies and/or the ‘‘dumping’’ of such items or supplies in a facility or in a beneficiary’s home.
    Equally troubling to the OIG is the proliferation of business arrangements that may violate the antikickback statute or other similar Federal and State statute or regulation. Such arrangements are generally established between those in a position to refer business, such as physicians, and those providing items or services, such as DMEPOS suppliers, for which a Federal health care program pays. Sometimes established as ‘‘joint ventures,’’ these arrangements may take a variety of forms. The OIG currently has a number of investigations and audits underway that focus on such areas of concern. The OIG has also issued a Special Fraud Alert on Joint Venture Arrangements.

The DMEPOS supplier will not submit or cause to be submitted to health care programs claims for patients who were referred to the DMEPOS supplier pursuant to contracts or financial arrangements that were designed to induce such referrals in violation of the anti-kickback statute or similar Federal or State statute or regulation or that otherwise violate the Stark physician self-referral law.

This paragraph has to do with Mr.Conway's and the suppliers claims that the seniors will not have to pay for the arthritis braces.

Routine waivers of deductibles and coinsurance may result in false claims, CMPs for inducements to beneficiaries, and violations of the anti-kickback statute or similar Federal or State statute or regulations.108 In addition to the potential problems regarding kickbacks, false claims, and CMPs, the OIG has programmatic concerns when DMEPOS suppliers routinely waive deductibles and coinsurance. When DMEPOS suppliers forgive financial obligations for reasons other than genuine financial hardship of a particular patient, they may be inducing the patient to use items or services that are unnecessary, simply because they are free. Such usage may also lead to overutilization. DMEPOS suppliers are permitted to waive the Medicare coinsurance amounts for cases of financial need.
    Last edited by TAK; 05-09-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Update, ADM Med Severs Relationship With Carepath

Recently, ADM Medical has wisely "severed their relationship with Michael Conway and Carepath Marketing", according to the owner.

ADM Medical Supply and Equipment, LLC (727) 445-7463
    11201 Park Blvd
    unit 81, Seminole Mall
    Seminole, FL 33772

Does anyone find it peculiar that Michael Conway has not announced this to his misguided sales people? Maybe he is going to try and dupe another supply company into his scheme before Incare gets shut down or severs their relationship with him, and before his sales team finds out.

Scam link http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsite...pps/index.html
    Last edited by TAK; 05-11-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add

CarePath & Michael Conway find religion?

Here’s an excerpt from one of his latest messages. A pathetic attempt to distance himself from the illegal activity.

Updated recruiting forms that will eliminate some confusion that apparently that exists where some folks think they are working for CarePath rather than INCARE DME, or any other DME. This is very important to understand, I am basically the sales manager for INCARE DME, and all of your representations should be representing INCARE and not CarePath.”

(nice try)

So let me grasp this. For several years, Mr. Conway has operated and profited unfairly by ignoring the rules and disregarding the regulations in the federal healthcare system. Now that he’s being investigated by the feds, he has decidedly found religion and wants to do the right thing. I bet Mr. Conway didn’t bank on the feds having his previous e messages and recorded phone trainings documenting his illegal acts like this one (plus many more). He encourages his sales people to blatantly violate some of the most basic rules known in the system about illegally contacting Medicare beneficiaries?

Subject: LEADS Reimbursed -- Happy Monday!
    To: "DME Michael A Conway"
    Cc: penny@youradvantageleads.com, "John Dervishian" >, agents@carepathmarketing.com
    Date: Monday, February 22, 2010
    A number of (especially new) are inquiring about leads, and a number of you thawing out from our deep winter freeze are also inquiring about leads for a kick start!
    Your Advantage Leads www.youradvantageleads.com is running a special until the End of March, and we will also provide a reimbursement of $10 for each lead purchased.Penny can be reached at: 828-874-6286 or 704-281-1783. penny@youradvantageleads.com . Their special for CarePath reps are $12.50 per lead, with 20 leads purchased. As these patients commission out, we will reimburse you $10 on that patient if their lead was used to obtain them. You will first need to let us know you are purchasing leads, then after the patient is submitted fax a copy of that lead to 1-888-216-8672. When that patient commissions, you will receive an additional $10 in compensation!Let me know if you have any questions, and this only applies to leads purchased through the end of March!!!Remember to send me an email if you purchase leads so we have a heads up! Let’s have fun!
    Michael A Conway
    GA, CarePath Marketing, Inc.

Mr. Conway’s pitiful attempt to go legit after destroying several businesses, ruining lives, and putting so many people in jeopardy by his lies and deceitfulness is nothing short of despicable and disgraceful. Does anyone really believe for one minute that the feds are just going to forgive and forget about all of the illegal activities that this man has engaged in? Do you think that they are going to allow people to walk away scott free with all of the ill gained, illegal profits? Stop drinking the punch. The answer is obvious.

You can work for a real DME, and compliant company that does things the way they're suppose to be done. Apple Street is a great place to work.

Stop The Warnings

People, stop warning these crooks by posting Conway's messages online. Rather than posting them online you need to forward them to The OIG and federal agencies in CA and FL. They are the ones who handle prosecution. Since these posting Conway is doing everything to cover his tracks. His calls and email messages are now limited and with a much differnent tone. He obviously is reading the postings and learning about what the feds have on him. Stop telling him what they have on him. Let the law do their work and the talkin.

SnakeKiller asks,

Still want to represent Michael Conway and Carepath?

Better him than you.

Anyone who deals in a heavily regulated industry should understand that the regulations are far from clear cut.

YOU may want to think that what Conway is doing is illegal but YOU aren't shit.

That'll be for the Feds to decide and apparently they don't agree with you.

Presumably you've "done your duty" as a citizen and informed the authorities--OR HAVE YOU? If you have, and your "evidence" is so overwhelming, why are you trying to stampede third parties into doing your work for you?

It would be one thing if you were honest enough to come on and admit that you have something personal against Conway but you don't do that. Instead you come on the internet and anonymously make charges against someone, claim some kind of expert knowledge of exactly what Conway is doing (and just how did you come by this expert knowledge of Conway's current activities hmmmmmm????) and even more expert knowledge of whether or not it's against the law.

I suppose we're all supposed to think you've just come on here to make the world a better place is that right?

I think not. You've said it yourself, Conway has been at it for a long time. You talk trainloads of trash, share with us your anonymous lay opinion about what is at best a complicated subject, make all kinds of legal assertions not shared by the relevant parties(Medicare and every Part C insurance company) and the best you can come up with is a DUI??

What a phony sanctimonious piece of crap you are!

I work for Conway and can personally attest that the patients I talk to are real, the doctor's we consult are real and the medical necessity is real.

No one is being lied to, cheated or stolen from.

Even if we take your words at 100% of their value, boiled down to their essence they are talking about paper shuffling and not "fraud".

Anyone running a business more complicated than a lemonade stand bends "rules" like that all the time.

I think YOU know this--but hope others don't.

There is nothing that stops Conway from "assisting" anyone with the "proper" numbers you refer to that he and they want.

Your accusations boil down to your interpretations of the license holder's intent--nothing more.

That this has been going on as long as it has suggests (to me) that the feds have reached the same conclusion.

I know we're all supposed to believe that you are tossing and turning in your sleep worrying about bureaucratic rules.

That lie gets exposed when you acknowledge that Conway is altering some of his procedures to come closer to (your idea of) compliance. Are you happy? Do you say "good for him"? Do you admit that what you claim your "concerns" are, are being addressed?

Oh hell no! You still want blood!

Don't buy it folks. There's a scam going on all right--and the "scam" is a story about cheezy website owners who will do anything, distort anything and trash anyone's name just to generate web traffic in order to make a few bucks out of google adsense.

Don't be chumps.
    Last edited by RDM53; 06-15-2010 at 02:59 PM.