+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 23

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/17102
    Hacked files of the Climatic Research Unit,
    Global Warming a deliberate fraud

    The Death Blow to Climate Science

    Dr. Tim Ball

    Bio

    By Dr. Tim Ball Saturday, November 21, 2009

    Global Warming is often called a hoax. I disagree because a hoax has a humorous intent to puncture pomposity. In science, such as with the Piltdown Man hoax, it was done to expose those with fervent but blind belief. The argument that global warming is due to humans, known as the anthropogenic global warming theory (AGW) is a deliberate fraud. I can now make that statement without fear of contradiction because of a remarkable hacking of files that provided not just a smoking gun, but an entire battery of machine guns.

    Someone hacked in to the files of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) based at the University of East Anglia. A very large file (61 mb) was downloaded and posted to the web. Phil Jones Director of the CRU has acknowledged the files are theirs. They contain papers, documents letters and emails. The latter are the most damaging and contain blunt information about the degree of manipulation of climate science in general and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in particular.

    Climate science hijacked and corrupted by this small group of scientists
    Dominant names involved are ones I have followed throughout my career including, Phil Jones, Benjamin Santer, Michael Mann, Kevin Trenberth, Jonathan Overpeck, Ken Briffa and Tom Wigley. I have watched climate science hijacked and corrupted by this small group of scientists. This small, elite, community was named by Professor Wegman in his report to the National Academy of Science (NAS).

    I had the pleasure of meeting the founder of CRU Professor Hubert Lamb, considered the Father of Modern Climatology, on a couple of occasions. He also peer reviewed one of my early publications. I know he would be mortified with what was disclosed in the last couple of days.

    Jones claims the files were obtained illegally as if that absolves the content. It doesn’t and it is enough to destroy all their careers. Jones gave a foretaste of his behavior in 2005. Warwick Hughes asked for the data and method he used for his claim of a 0.6°C temperature rise since the end of the nineteenth century. Jones responded, “We have 25 years or so invested in the work. Why should I make the data available to you when your aim is to try and find something wrong with it?” He has stonewalled ever since. The main reason was because it was used as a key argument in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Reports to convince the world humans caused rapid warming in the 20th century. The emails obtained are a frightening record of arrogance, and deception far beyond his 2005 effort.

    Another glimpse into what the files and emails reveal was the report by Professor Deming. He wrote, “ With publication of an article in Science (in 1995) I gained sufficient credibility in the community of scientists working on climate change. They thought I was one of them someone who would pervert science in the service of social and political causes. So one of them let his guard down. A major person working in the area of climate change and global warming sent me an astonishing email that said. “We must get rid of the Medieval Warm Period.” The person in question was Jonathan Overpeck and his even more revealing emails are part of those exposed by the hacker. It is now very clear that Deming’s charge was precise. They have perverted science in the service of social and political causes.

    Professor Wegman showed how this “community of scientists” published together and peer reviewed each other’s work. I was always suspicious about why peer review was such a big deal. Now all my suspicions are confirmed. The emails reveal how they controlled the process, including manipulating some of the major journals like Science and Nature. We know the editor of the Journal of Climate, Andrew Weaver, was one of the “community”. They organized lists of reviewers when required making sure they gave the editor only favorable names. They threatened to isolate and marginalize one editor who they believed was recalcitrant.

    Total Control
    These people controlled the global weather data used by the IPCC through the joint Hadley and CRU and produced the HadCRUT data. They controlled the IPCC, especially crucial chapters and especially preparation of the Summary for PolicyMakers (SPM). Stephen Schneider was a prime mover there from the earliest reports to the most influential in 2001. They also had a left wing conduit to the New York Times. The emails between Andy Revkin and the community are very revealing and must place his journalistic integrity in serious jeopardy. Of course the IPCC Reports and especially the SPM Reports are the basis for Kyoto and the Copenhagen Accord, but now we know they are based on completely falsified and manipulated data and science. It is no longer a suspicion. Surely this is the death knell for the CRU, the IPCC, Kyoto and Copenhagen and the Carbon Credits shell game.

    CO2 never was a problem and all the machinations and deceptions exposed by these files prove that it was the greatest deception in history, but nobody is laughing. It is a very sad day for science and especially my chosen area of climate science. As I expected now it is all exposed I find there is no pleasure in “I told you so.”


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You can download the climate change fraud documents from the link below:
    http://www.filedropper.com/foi2009 or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=003LKN94
    Last edited by phlipper; 11-22-2009 at 10:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    More on background.
    The Honorable Dr. Tim Ball:

  3. #3
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Dr. Timothy Ball, toolbag for hire.

    "The deathless and - in many specific respects - completely fictional meanderings of Dr. Tim Ball have begun appearing again on right-wing blogs all over the net. At City Troll, at Convenient Untruth and at New Orleans Lady, the same tired and retreaded old climate rant paints Dr. Ball as the courageous victim of a plot to silence a well-meaning skeptic.

    But Ball can't even tell the truth about his own resume. His claim to be the first Climatology Ph.D. in Canada is a total falsehood; his degree was in historical geography - not climatology - and it was nowhere near the first ever granted to someone writing vaguely in the field. It also was granted by the university as a doctor of philosophy, not the more prestigious "doctor of science" that Ball claims in these articles.

    He claims as well to have been a professor (again of climatology) at the University of Winnipeg for 32 years, while he confirmed in his own Statement of Claim in a pending lawsuit (look here ) that he was a professor (of geography, never climatology) for just eight years.

    Dr. Ball claims never to have been paid by oil and gas interests, but if you look here , you'll find a Globe and Mail story in which Dr. Barry Cooper, the man behind Ball's former industry front group, the Friends of Science , offers this clumsy admission: "[The money's] not exclusively from the oil and gas industry," says Prof. Cooper. "It's also from foundations and individuals. I can't tell you the names of those companies, or the foundations for that matter, or the individuals."

    Here you'll find a podcast of Dr. Ball talking to the Ottawa Citizen , saying that he goes out of his way to ignore who might be paying his bills, but crediting the energy industry lobby firm, the High Park Group . And here, you'll find High Park Group veteran Tom Harris, telling the Toronto Star that his new industry front group, the Natural Resources Stewardship Project , was created at the suggestion of High Park Group president Timothy Egan.

    Tom Harris, executive director of the NRSP, is credited by New Orleans Lady for passing along this version of the Ball tirade, also printed Monday on the right-wingy website, Canada Free Press. Yet all of these factual inconsistencies have been brought to Harris's attention on previous occasions.

    It is inevitable that this post will be criticized as an ad hominem attack on dear Dr. Ball (and perhaps on Harris, as well). But how can you argue science with someone who doesn't feel bound by the limits of truth?

    The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has just endured an unprecedented process of vetting and peer-review to produce a document, the veracity of which has been double-checked and endorsed by thousands of the best scientists in the world. It must be soul-destroying to see a long-retired geographer who rarely published during his colourless academic career and who never conducted any research in atmospheric science dismiss that effort without a shred of evidence or a hint of good conscience. "
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    724

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    FAN-tastic, Phlipper.
    So much for the *science* incessantly prattled by the condescending, hateful left.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." - Newt Gingrich

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    38

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    I love how the "believers" don't try to defend or excuse these scandals. They just ignore it and try to quiet it down by remaining silent. In effect denying it attention or 'air time'.

    Gore's Zombies have really taken some serious blows lately eh?

    And the hits just keep on comin!

    The question is, how long will they hold onto these ideas before they finally relent? Insisting that man made global warming is reality is akin to being scammed by Al Gore. Or not "akin", rather it is exactly that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
    I love how the "believers" don't try to defend or excuse these scandals. They just ignore it and try to quiet it down by remaining silent. In effect denying it attention or 'air time'.

    Gore's Zombies have really taken some serious blows lately eh?

    And the hits just keep on comin!

    The question is, how long will they hold onto these ideas before they finally relent? Insisting that man made global warming is reality is akin to being scammed by Al Gore. Or not "akin", rather it is exactly that.
    Well for one:

    Al Gore has nothing to do with the climate debate at all. He is a politician. Most of the people in the science forum come from other countries besides america.

    So in short only you considered this a political issue.

    Two:
    The "scandal" is a media and political fabrication. Those who understand the actual issue and the science behind it know that the so called "scandal" is 99% BS with quote mined e-mails and articles with exaggerated and completely stupid conclusions. Anyone who cared enough to fact check can see that.




    The next video's in the series will help you understand the imaginary scandal and how it's being bolstered by politicians.

    Did you ever wonder why actual scientists on the other side of the conclusion haven't chimed in?? Afterall they were the ones most affected.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    838

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    Al Gore has nothing to do with the climate debate at all. He is a politician. Most of the people in the science forum come from other countries besides america. So in short only you considered this a political issue.
    Nonsense. You guys worship at his alter. Ever hear of the Nobel Prize? That's not an American Prize. Don't tell me you don't think polar bears are drowning, "Inconvenient Truth" isn't your favorite movie, and you don't believe Al Gore's Temp vs CO2 was an accurate representation of the truth. You buy into all of his garbage and it is the biggest polital issue of our time. Admit it.

  8. #8
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    Nonsense. You guys worship at his alter. Ever hear of the Nobel Prize? That's not an American Prize. Don't tell me you don't think polar bears are drowning, "Inconvenient Truth" isn't your favorite movie, and you don't believe Al Gore's Temp vs CO2 was an accurate representation of the truth. You buy into all of his garbage and it is the biggest polital issue of our time. Admit it.
    Why is it, despite being asked many times, you are unable to post the data...the numbers that refute AGW?...but yet you froth at the mouth about some conspiracy, Al Gore all the other evils of the world rolled into one.
    Last edited by LogicallyYours; 03-05-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    Nonsense. You guys worship at his alter. Ever hear of the Nobel Prize? That's not an American Prize. Don't tell me you don't think polar bears are drowning, "Inconvenient Truth" isn't your favorite movie, and you don't believe Al Gore's Temp vs CO2 was an accurate representation of the truth. You buy into all of his garbage and it is the biggest polital issue of our time. Admit it.
    With respect philliper. I take great insult to you calling me a LIAR. MY OPINION was made perfectly clear when you asked for it 3 weeks ago.

    An opinion I've repeatably demonstrated in almost all my postings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post

    As to me being brainwashed. My opinion has morphed and changed over the last 8 years as I learned more. However, I thought my opinion was very clear.

    Let me repeat it:

    It is very possible that AWG is not true and there is evidence for that something that 99% most people who argue against AWG never bothered to look up. I have.

    However, I feel that relying on a "might" is extremely short sighted and dangerous. I will not sacrifice my future or my children future when I have determined the possible consequences of AWG to be true far outweigh the problems of a potential solution. Anything gained by hoping it's not are few and un-substantial.
    I fail to see how I'm brainwashed by a politician I've nether listen to or watched his movie. That is not even in my country and I have routinely dismissed as alarmist or an idoit.


    What I do see however, is that you are clearly unable to claim the same thing yourself. You had your opinion set on stone when you believed that odd weather in a news article was absolute proof against AWG. An idea that you are now aware was ludicrous and silly. Since than you had to some research in an attempt to justify your opinion.

    It sounds arrogant and vastly ignorant to suggest that others who did this research years ago are brainwashed when you yourself couldn't properly define climate change and still are unable to separate your AMERICAN political ideology from scientific discourse.


    There are AWG zombies out there. I have met them. However, I would not classify those who have responded to you in the past zombies. Unlike the many Deniers who couldn't even post un-contradictory articles or thought that random weather reports across the united states was relevant to anything but the local weather station.

    So Phil how are you not brainwashed? Considering your opinion was fully formed well before you even know how to properly define climate change.
    Last edited by Spector567; 03-05-2010 at 01:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    38

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Oh, someone actually came out to defend the bogus data, illegal emails, destroyed files, and sloppily collected temperature data!

    Sweet.

    Now before the water gets any more muddy: Please enlighten us with your Green Wisdom.

    3 questions if you please sirs:

    1-Why were Mars' icecaps melting a few years ago but not now?

    2-On Earth, what's happened in the last 10-15 years that has caused a decrease in global temps and atmospheric moisture?

    3-How do you define and what do you propose we do about polution?

    Please and thank you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
    Oh, someone actually came out to defend the bogus data, illegal emails, destroyed files, and sloppily collected temperature data!
    Of course people did. Most of the science community did. In fact about the only people that have condemed anything have been bloggers and political parties.

    You'll notice that the scientists on the other side of the debate havn't said a thing. They are the ones that should have the most say since it would prove them right and would feel slighted.

    They haven't said anything. Sounds to me like they know what is going on more than you or I do and do not think that is anything like you think it is.

    I find it amusing when people think all scientists are perfect and preist like in there additude. They are just like anyone else. Some are sloppy some are neat. A couple sloppy ones does not mean they all were and that amazingly all that agreed with you were not.

    It means that you heard about one sloppy one. The media jumped on it and you made a MASSIVE assumption that they all were. There are thousands of people working on this.

    so did you watch the video or just assumed a fully sourced piece of data was propaganda and climate science by glen beck is legitment news.

    Please forgive me if i'm a little crass on this but the amount of outright ignorence on this is MASSIVE if media pundents and political commentators can't even properly define the theory they shouldn't be giving there so called "expert" opinion.

    Sweet.

    Now before the water gets any more muddy: Please enlighten us with your Green Wisdom.

    3 questions if you please sirs:

    1-Why were Mars' icecaps melting a few years ago but not now?
    Mars has long had seasons like earth. However, it has a thinner atmopsther. Those so called ice caps are mostly made of Dry ice or Co2 and they evaporate mostly with the 11 year solar cycle and the martian seasons. This has happend many times before over the past 100 years. Remember 1 mars year is well over 2 earth years and mars has almost no atmphere to speak of so it does not have the insolating factors that water vapour has on the earths atmosphere.

    http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2..._southpole.htm

    2-On Earth, what's happened in the last 10-15 years that has caused a decrease in global temps and atmospheric moisture?
    That figure your quoting was found to be false or misleading and quoted by some sort of anthropologist. The temperature is difference is still increasing. Your just quoting a random person as opposed to any literature.

    Or you are refering to the so called climate u-turn. That was also a complete fabricated quote mine if you read the entire interview and not just the 1 sentence that the daily mail used.

    Also the global temperature goes up and down like normal. The point of global warming is that it is going up a few degrees more than it should under normal conditions.



    3-How do you define and what do you propose we do about polution?
    Pollution will alway exist in one form or another however, as you may have noticed technology is vastly increasing to the point that it can all be vastly reduced.

    Simple econmics makes it intelligent to produce equipment that uses lesss energy and find forms of energy that cost less. With the rise of gas prices it only make sense to find other forms.

    No one in this forum is stupid enough to think we should all toss away our cars tomorrow or that all pollution can be wiped out completely. However, it is far from unreasonable to help get rid of or marginalize the worst offenders. Or to encourage the research into better technology.

    Already it's cheaper to build windpower than a new coal plant. A few more years of encouraged technological advancement and things could be vastly reduced if people get on board.



    Please and thank you.
    I am more than willing to answer your questions as long as they are honest ones.

    However before you go off half cocked with hundreds of questions that are about the wrong thing.

    I'd like to ask something of you.

    Please spend some time watching this video series. It is a fairly unbiased series that takes a look at the information on both sides of the issue. The creator a 20 year british science media vetern takes you through the actual science and information of climatology. I think almost everyone here will agree that it's fully sourced information is a must see to understand the global warming on both sides. Also how there is fabrication on both sides and how to see it. There is legitment reason to believe AWG could not be true. However, it doesn't come from bloggers but from researchers.






    At least watch the first 4 and the last one about the so called climate U-Turn.

    I have found that 90% of the so called scam or argument is based on mis-interpreted or out right ignorant information jumped on by bloggers and supported by the blind media.

    Just like most things once you learn more about it you'll stop looking for zebras when you hear hoof beats and look for horses.
    Last edited by Spector567; 03-06-2010 at 07:16 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    Good post Spector.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    38

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives

    I agree. Pretty good post. And mostly serious too.

    But it is a quarter to 3 now so I can't devote the time it deserves.

    So...



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Re: Climate Fraud

    The whole global warming scam is little more than a huge profit making scam.

    Designed to dupe those of low IQ into swallowing it hook line and sinker!

    TOTALLY unproven and NEVER duplicated in ANY lab!

    Just another con for suckers

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Climate Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by ENGINEER60 View Post
    The whole global warming scam is little more than a huge profit making scam.

    Designed to dupe those of low IQ into swallowing it hook line and sinker!

    TOTALLY unproven and NEVER duplicated in ANY lab!

    Just another con for suckers
    Yep the" global warming scam(tm)"

    Is for suckers.

    How does it feel to be a sucker?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    459

    Re: Climate Fraud - The Players, The Motives


Similar Threads

  1. Poker Players!! Look here
    By luciano in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2018, 10:52 AM
  2. Buying/selling players
    By Gelsemium in forum Sports Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 01:21 PM
  3. NFL to Penalize Players for Saying Redneck
    By conserv4ever in forum Sports Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM
  4. Lord Monckton on Climate Fraud
    By phlipper in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
  5. Players Vacation Club
    By kflo01 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •