+ Reply to Thread

Most Americans disapprove Obama's handling of KSM

The latest CNN/Opinion Research poll published yesterday, showed that 64% of Americans are against Obama's decision to put KSM on trial in a civilian court.

Here's the question:

If you had to choose, would you rather see Khalid Sheik Mohammed brought to trial in a criminal court run by the civilian judicial system, or would you rather see him tried by a military court run by the U.S. armed forces?

Brought to trial in a criminal court run by
    the civilian judicial system - 34%

Tried by a military court run by the U.S
    armed forces - 64%

No opinion 2%

Here is another poll question that I found to have an interesting result:

If Khalid Sheik Mohammed is found guilty of planning the 9/11 attacks, which of the following statements best describes your view:

You generally support the death penalty and
    believe he should be executed if he is
    found guilty - 59%

You generally oppose the death penalty, but
    believe he should be executed in this case if
    he is found guilty - 19%

You generally oppose the death penalty and
    believe he should not be executed if he is
    found guilty - 19%

Maybe this explains why Americans aren't too happy with how Obama is handling national defense.

Re: Most Americans disapprove Obama's handling of

Maybe they should ask the families and friends of those they killed.

Not me!!! Obama is my ing hero! Man, you guys are really missing the point. How heartless are you lot? Don't you care about these poor detainees??? Shame on you!

It's not about what the citizens of this country want. It's not about doing what is more reasonable, cost effective, staying the course with what was planned all along, it's not about the President lying and stating earlier this year that the prisoners would be tried in a Military Tribunal and then suddenly, without warning or precedence changing his mind. He's allowed to do whatever the hell he chooses to do! If you don't like it....move to Iraq!

It's not about what is sensible, practical and swift. It's not about justice for the 9/11 victims or the citizens that they left behind. It's about giving the terrorists the same rights as the citizens of this of this country and finding out their real motives and reasons for the 9/11 attacks. That is what really counts. It's all about uncovering the evil deeds of President Bush and how he is really responsible for the events of 9/11.

The families of the victims can just shove it. We have millions to spend on this trial, the Defense attorneys, and the security. There is no recession. We are rolling in money right now. What debt? So what if this drags out for years? So what if they get off on some technicality, or there is a mistrial, or some evidence is ruled to be inadmissable or they get light sentences.

Screw the thousands of innocent men, women and children who were murdered. To hell with rubbing salt in the wounds of the victims families and loved ones and holding this trial a few blocks from Ground Zero.

It is all about what is best for the terrorists. Who cares that this puts NYC at risk? Hell, they were attacked once, they are used to it. Who cares if classified and secrect douments are made public? Who cares if the terrorists want to rant unendlingly in a public court in front of the world and air their views? That's their right! Geez, you guys need to get a grip!

My eyes were opened this morning. I feel so sorry for these poor innocent men. You all need to get with the program already! Hell, I hope they put their asses up at the Waldorf Astoria and shuffle them back in forth in limos after what these poor guys have been through. I hope they take them shopping at Saks and get them some nice Italian suits for the trial. They deserve nothing but the best!

I have been shown the light! These innocent terrorists are completely justified in what they did. They have real and sincere motives, don't you know. They are just misunderstood. It's all America's fault! We deserved 9/11! wake up and smell the kumquats!
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 11-17-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks for setting m straight on that, why I might have even thought tghat they should have een horse whipped once a day. LMAO

Just wait until the judge and prosecuting attorneys (whose names will be in every newspaper) start getting death threats from Al Qaeda agents as they try to manipulate the outcome of the trial. I guess they will probably have to enter the witness protection program or something. That's awesome !

And having to disclose sources and methods to the world that our intelligence agents used against Al Qaeda is another fantastic benefit of this wonderfully great idea. I mean, really, don't we want our enemy to have a heads up on what methods we use to find them ? Sounds like a winning war strategy to me (Oh wait, I'm sorry, Overseas Contingency Operation).

Are we going to have to make our soldiers read enemy combatants their miranda rights from now on when they capture them, because that will be really swell.

I'm casting another vote for the Waldorf Astoria. I hear that the amenities are top notch and it will be a nice place for them to relax and maybe catch a hot tub and a five-star meal after a tough day of cross-examination from infidels. Hell, we taxpayers will even foot the bill, it's the least we can do.
    "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Is this some kind of a mutual masturbation club?
    Is that what you are looking for? Sorry, wrong thread.

It's just that I don't pander to the left or the right and everything I read here is like listening to Rush and right wing radio...no balance, just one way bias.
    Then you haven't read much. There are a few reasonable people on here. And there are the crazies on both sides. But people do have strong feelings about this issue. I am not sure what middle ground there is about this particular subject. You either think it's peachy to try these guys in Federal court or you believe the proper course would be in a Military Tribunal. Instead of knocking the posters here, whom you don't even know, why not just express your own views? Insulting people right off the bat is rather stupid.
    Last edited by put it out there baby; 11-18-2009 at 07:24 AM.

It's just that I don't pander to the left or the right and everything I read here is like listening to Rush and right wing radio...no balance, just one way bias.
    What you fail to understand is, when something is posted that looks bad toward the left, most of them don't want to discuss it. They choose to ignore it instead. When something is posted that's negative toward the right, then everyone gets into the discussion.