+ Reply to Thread

Polygraph = a forgotten scam

I thought I had posted something on the polygraph, aka "the lie detector".
    Oh well. Never mind.

The polygraph, and their self-delusonal supporters - the polygraphers, are bullshit junk pseudoscience and pseudoscientists at their worst worst.

Go over to antipolygraph.org to find out more.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Re: Polygraph = a forgotten scam

I'm not so sure about your position. I've taken plenty of them back when I competed in the Natural Bodybuilding shows and have found them to be accurate.

On what do you base your position?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    I'm not so sure about your position. I've taken plenty of them back when I competed in the Natural Bodybuilding shows and have found them to be accurate.

My father was a polygraph examiner. He does a pretest to see how well a person reacts to questions. He also did a blood pressure test. I was tested several times by him and tried to beat it and failed.

On what do you base your lie?
    You have proven nothing, because you could be lying right now.
    Find me independent peer-reviewed research proving that polygraphs are anything but the biggest load of shit.

Anyone - I don't care if they are a police officer or a judge or prison guard or national security agent - who would make any major life-altering decision, such as imprisoning someone or not hiring someone, based upon the results of a "lie detector"
    should be charged with murder and terrorism and conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism.

Evolution, human-caused global warming are proven facts. Hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and massively complex computer models and programs.

In contrast: polygraphy = shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    My father was a polygraph examiner. He does a pretest to see how well a person reacts to questions. He also did a blood pressure test. I was tested several times by him and tried to beat it and failed.
    Then your father was a worthless drain on society and never did a day of work in his life. :judges:

Quote Originally Posted by ecordy75
    Find me independent peer-reviewed research proving that polygraphs are anything but the biggest load of shit.

Anyone - I don't care if they are a police officer or a judge or prison guard or national security agent - who would make any major life-altering decision, such as imprisoning someone or not hiring someone, based upon the results of a "lie detector"
    should be charged with murder and terrorism and conspiracy to commit acts of terrorism.

Evolution, human-caused global warming are proven facts. Hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and massively complex computer models and programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ecordy75 View Post
    Then your father was a worthless drain on society and never did a day of work in his life. :judges:
    Wow. Sensitive much? So how long has it been since you were sodomised with a polygraph machine?

Seriously, I agree with you that they're unreliable, but you're going way over the top here. Charge someone with murder for using one? Hell, why not issue them a building code infraction as well? Or a speeding ticket?

And a "worthless drain on society"? Right. So anyone that's ever used a procedure that was later proven to have no effect has never done a day's work in their life? You know, I hate that pseudo-science masquerades as real science too, but I also understand that it does so due mostly to ignorance, not malice.

You're a ing tosser, mate. Even though I do agree with your initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Charge someone with murder for using one? Hell, why not issue them a building code infraction as well?
    And a "worthless drain on society"? Right. So anyone that's ever used a procedure that was later proven to have no effect has never done a day's work in their life? You know, I hate that pseudo-science masquerades as real science too, but I also understand that it does so due mostly to ignorance, not malice.
    You are politically and strategically naive, and you do not have the mental ability to compute cause and effect consistently. I like most of your other posts on scams (creationism, but that's an obvious easy one - I seriously doubt more than 1% of the population of the non-muslim world at least seriously believes in creationism and denies evolution any more).

But, government polygraphers are NOT going to stop until and unless people treat them EXACTLY as such (as murderers, as terrorists) - if they force people in prison, or extend already overly harsh prison sentences, for people - because of this polygraph scam.

I suppose you think that no one should be arrested for any scam or fraud among the hundreds of scams and frauds mentioned on this forum, right? You obviously believe that we should offer them harsh moral condemnations but nothing more.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Did you ever take a polygraph?...If so, did you pass or fail?
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Oh well. Never mind.

The polygraph, and their self-delusonal supporters - the polygraphers, are bullshit junk pseudoscience and pseudoscientists at their worst worst.

Doesn't a polygraph simply map out one's base pulse and perspiration levels and through a series of known truths and known lies figure out pulse and perspiration levels of both?

And why are you so adamant about it? What's your deal? Why is it such a to-do for you? Something happen to you?
    Last edited by bibleman; 11-25-2009 at 04:09 AM.

You are one dumb asshole. I don't remember taking a hard line against you comment. I responded:

I based my OPINION on my history with them as I knew who was and who wasn't juicing at the time AND the test, DID IN FACT, catch those who were juicing.

I simply asked on what you based your opinion and all you have responded with is an appeal to emotion.

Next time, STFU and think before you respond like a dickhead.

You are politically and strategically naive, and you do not have the mental ability to compute cause and effect consistently. I like most of your other posts on scams (creationism, but that's an obvious easy one - I seriously doubt more than 1% of the population of the non-muslim world at least seriously believes in creationism and denies evolution any more).

But, government polygraphers are NOT going to stop until and unless people treat them EXACTLY as such (as murderers, as terrorists) - if they force people in prison, or extend already overly harsh prison sentences, for people - because of this polygraph scam.

I suppose you think that no one should be arrested for any scam or fraud among the hundreds of scams and frauds mentioned on this forum, right? You obviously believe that we should offer them harsh moral condemnations but nothing more.
    I'm pretty sure you don't really want to go there with Kazza...You're in over your head.

Oh well. Never mind.

You can believe in the polygraph results or not... I really don't care.

What I'm curious about is Why did you select the religion forum to initiate this thread?

That, in and of itself, makes no sense.

Next time, STFU and think before you respond like a dickhead.
    You are right - you HAD not taken a hardline comment against me. But, neither had I! I did not call you a "dickhead" or "asshole", just because I called the POLYGRAPH a load of shit, and that those who base decisions with any significant consequence - such as determining "crime" or hiring for security purposes - should be charged with murder. The consequences of throwing some in prison who shouldn't be, or not hiring a security person because of the polygraph's meaningless results, and then THAT bad decision leads to something that DOES lead to death in a life-or-death decision = consequences as bad as death, which should require the death penalty, which all the big police-and-law-officer types support. So, they should have no right to complain if the death penalty is used against THEM.

If you want to take back what you said, I won't call you a shithead.

FYI: I went through polygraph twice for a job, but they weren't hiring anyway. So, it didn't matter. My PERSONAL experience was not too bad, IN SPITE of their LIES when they claim that they "know" that I am lying. Of course, they say that, because they have nothing better to do than waste other people's time, and because all security officers and polygraphers get paid massive salaries for doing nothing. Nevertheless, I expected them to put me through the usual grinder.

However, I have read plenty of OTHER persons' polygraph ordeals: those getting jobs and defendants in court.

Thankfully, courts are smart enough NOT to use polygraphs as evidence.