+ Reply to Thread

Products for Life by the Nelson Group SCAM

On this past Friday I heard a commercial on the radio about a research group giving away coupons for grocery shopping. I usually know better but I called anyways. I usually think stuff coming from the radio is more reliable than the internet.
    ANYWAYS

I called the guy said he'd give me a ton of coupons for grocery shopping and that there would be a 1 time charge of $7.95 I didn't think anything of it at first and gave him some of my bank info but in the back of my head I was thinking "this is BS" so I changed the last number of my card and didn't give him my middle initial. I told him to wait for a minute

I then went to my computer and couldn't find anything solid on them. He told me the site number was productsforlife.com and it didn't show up. so I got back on the phone and told him i didn't see the site and he said "oh, the site must be down" and then "or it might be under nelson group, but let me go ahead and confirm your number" I cut him off said this is bs and that I wasn't interested any more and hung up.

But sure enough I checked my bank account today and they STILL charged me $7.95 on my account even though they had one number wrong! Raging I called them back. A lady picked up, gave me a number for customer service and said that they opened up at noon even though when I called a different number later it said they opened at 11.
    I called at 11 waited 10 mins, talked to a lady and she refunded me. I said that taking money from my bank account without permission is illegal and that I'd report them. But instead I'm posting on here so that they can have more people pissed at them when they know what's up.

But yeah, incase you guys need the customer service number it's:
    1-866-446-0561

goodluck!
    shevatribal

Re: Products for Life by the Nelson Group SCAM

I heard the same ad on the radio but when they said it was brought to you by the stimulous program I was curious how MY money was being spent. I called the number, had to wait and he said it wasn’t from the stimulous money! I know I heard that, twice!! Right away he tried to get my full name and address. I wanted to hear first. He said it was name brands, interjecting friendly chit chat to seem normal. He explained it was $2000 worth of coupons and you have a year to use it for only $19.95 for shipping and if you weren’t happy they would give you $30 just for trying. I asked him how shipping coupons be $20 and it should be more like .88 . He went on about the coupons being worth between $1-5 off a product. I told him I would have to ask my husband (I always use that one!) and he gave me his name and employee number so he would get credit (still trying to get my address and last name) when I politely said I wouldn’t until I checked he hung right up on me. Guess what..the customer service number was the same one you got!
    I think it’s a scam!
    Quote Originally Posted by shevatribal View Post
    On this past Friday I heard a commercial on the radio about a research group giving away coupons for grocery shopping. I usually know better but I called anyways. I usually think stuff coming from the radio is more reliable than the internet.
    ANYWAYS

I called the guy said he'd give me a ton of coupons for grocery shopping and that there would be a 1 time charge of $7.95 I didn't think anything of it at first and gave him some of my bank info but in the back of my head I was thinking "this is BS" so I changed the last number of my card and didn't give him my middle initial. I told him to wait for a minute

I then went to my computer and couldn't find anything solid on them. He told me the site number was productsforlife.com and it didn't show up. so I got back on the phone and told him i didn't see the site and he said "oh, the site must be down" and then "or it might be under nelson group, but let me go ahead and confirm your number" I cut him off said this is bs and that I wasn't interested any more and hung up.

But sure enough I checked my bank account today and they STILL charged me $7.95 on my account even though they had one number wrong! Raging I called them back. A lady picked up, gave me a number for customer service and said that they opened up at noon even though when I called a different number later it said they opened at 11.
    I called at 11 waited 10 mins, talked to a lady and she refunded me. I said that taking money from my bank account without permission is illegal and that I'd report them. But instead I'm posting on here so that they can have more people pissed at them when they know what's up.

1-866-446-0561

goodluck!
    shevatribal

Thanks for posting, I already heard about this product.

Re: Products for Life ** the Nelson Group SCAM

Dang. I wish I would have seen this earlier. They got me today; then I came home and looked them up and found this. I immediately called the Products for Life customer service number to cancel the pending charge to my debit card. When the woman answered I told her that I wanted to cancel the grocery coupons charge as well as all the "trial" offers I signed up for. She said "I can take care of that for you." Then she did her thing, took my information, and told me that she would ensure my "account" was canceled. I asked her to send me confirmation through my email which she said she would. Just before she tried to practically hang up on me, I asked her if that canceled ALL the accounts, and that's when she told me she could not cancel my trial offers because they were third party. I asked her if she could tell me which offers I signed up for and I would call them directly. She told me there was no way for her to tell me what I signed up for. I asked her to access the recorded conversation, you know..."conversations are recorded for 'quality' puposes" is what they tell you as soon as you call for the groceries. She told me she was not able to access recorded conversations. I asked her to let me speak to someone who could and she told me it wasn't "protocol." I mean...what the heck do you record a conversation for it you're not able to access it?!? That's a bunch of BS!!! So now I have to wait 7-10 days because I'm not even sure which offers I signed up for other than Savings to Go. I did call Savings to Go and she said she could not stop my membership, even though it hadn't even been processed yet, she said she was required to let the $1.95 transaction take place THEN I could cancel. Don't get roped into this!!!

MollieSue,

If you end up figuring out all of the stuff that you signed up for, please post. I fell for the gimmick too :( and am also trying to figure out what I've gotten myself into. Luckily, my credit card flagged a couple of them as fraudulent charges and didn't let them go through, but I know I still need to cancel some things. If I end up with any good information I will let you know.

Thank you!

Products for Life

Im freaking out!

After hearing the SAME commercial on the radio several times (Nashville area) - I finally called. I wanted to get into Extreme Couponing and I thought this would be a start to motivate me!

Friday (August 5th) marked the 2 week mark - I have been counting down - recalling that I was told the business was out of Knoxville & therefore my order would take LESS than the 2week maximum mailing period.

Working in the legal field for 18years I've always been the type to take good notes; so I can share this with you:

I called 866-220-7630 from my cell, ***(however now they only take calls for the Sacromento area)

I was promised $2,000 in coupons withing 7-10 business days.
    I was to incur a one-time charge of $19.95 this includes shipping & processing.

The sales rep explained to me that this is a Knoxville based business and my location in near** Nashville, would expedite a quick response. First, she explained, just for calling I would receive $40 in gas vouchers in addition to the $2,000 in coupons I was calling for. I would also receive:
    20% off my Gift card purchases at Target
    and a $25 rebate for Water & Electric every 3 Months
    as well as a $25 gift card to Walmart.

She said I would only incur a fee of $9.95 & $1.95 a month to continue receiving the last 3 offers - which was the % off my Target gift card purchases + the $ utility rebate and the $25 walmart gift cards; however I could call and cancel this at anytime ** calling Customer Service (number below).

My confirmation number was my telephone number & if I had any questions or concerns to call Customer number 866-446-0561

I tried calling this morning to follow up on my shipment and got a recording which asked me to call back after 1pm Eastern time. Thats when I googled online & found this forum. Im speechless.

I have never made a call in before and call me crazy I assumed if a commercial was on the air, someone had researched it and confirmed it to be a valid business. Now thinking about my standard of thinking, I guess any money paying person can advertise anywhere they please......

Hopefully this will avoid others from my mistake!

ughhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by shevatribal View Post
    ANYWAYS

1-866-446-0561

goodluck!
    shevatribal
    Last edited by daniellesewell13@yahoo.co; 08-07-2011 at 04:07 AM.

They got me too. I got a call from my bank and their was all kinds of charges to my account. One for $19.95, one for $8.00, and two for $3.95. I told my bank to cancel my card and press charges for this scam. I was only suppose to be charged a one time charge of $4.95 for shipping and handling fees. :madgo::zx11pissed:... The ones they got me for was Products for Life $19.95, Savings to go $8.00, Leisure Travel $3.95, and Discount Direct $3.95. Check with your bank or Credit Card Company to see who and what charges were made to your card.

Hello All,
    I am embarrassed to admit this (as I've become victim to my own imagination) but I have fallen victim to this scam as well. I heard this advertisement over the radio, WDVE in Pittsburgh, PA, and figured the same thing everyone else did: this is less likely to be a scam because it was on a respected radio station...boy was I wrong!! So, I call this number: 1800 295 7153. A smooth talking agent came on and advised me that the call may be recorded for quality assurance. I know that when a call is recorded for quality assurance, that it is archived for later use because I worked at a mortgage company in the skip tracing department. He first off started asking me what types of groceries I buy-brand name or generic, and how much I spent on it. He was a very rapid talker and most of what he said was jumbled into a run-on sentence. He asked my name, address, and zip code. I gave him my information and he asked for my zip code again. When I gave him my zip code, he told me that only 200 qualifying applicants are able to receive this offer and I was caller 194!!! He congratulated me several times and said that I got accepted to receive two-thousand dollars in V-O-U-C-H-E-R-S!!! NOT COUPONS!! He asked me what supermarket I usually shop at...I replied "Wal-Mart". He told me that I was lucky and that I could go on vacation with the money I would save ** using these "vouchers" and to take my family someplace nice, and went on and on about the money I would save on everyday items such as laundry detergent, dog food, cleaning supplies, food, etc. etc. etc...I was fooled!! So then he tells me that since times in economic crisis, their company was doing a survey to see what brands of products consumers were using and how often they were buying these products. All I had to do was take the vouchers into my supermarket, buy the items I usually buy, and present the voucher. I had BIG plans last night about how I would spend them!!

Well, after his rapid chit chat that seemed to be nothing but a BIG FAT LIE, he then hit me with the "all you have to do" line. I knew then that it had to be a monthly thing! But I didn't care because most monthly enrollments are able to be cancelled before thirty days. I knew that as soon as I received the package that I was going to be making cancellation phone calls! SO, he says that I need to pay $19.95 for the S & H costs through UPS. Furthermore, he was going to automatically enroll me into a gasoline savings program and with that enrollment, I would save hundreds on gas! He enthusiastically informed me that he also would enroll me in another monthly deduction for 14.95 per month but I could not make out what he was saying. He said this like he was doing me a favor!!! THANKS for taking money off a poor, single mother, college student trying to save money to get through these hard times of economic hell!!!

So, he took my credit card information twice and told me that I needed to either tell him credit or debit. I told him credit, because I wasn't gonna take a chance on someone knowing my pin number (not that I think they would've asked for a pin, but I wasn't taking that chance). He told me that ** him adding those other two features that it would not change my charges for today, only if I decided to stay with the other two programs after thirty days, then I would be charged 14.95 monthly from both companies. He reassured me that this was a great thing, congratulating me every few minutes.

The next day, I searched "products for life" in the google tab. The first thing that popped up was this website about SCAMS! You could imagine my reaction!!! I was mortified. 19.95 doesn't seem like a lot of money, but when these people have my bank information, and I was so careless and gullible about it, I became instantly ill to my gut! So, I called the number I called last night because I called it originally on my cell phone, so the number was saved. When I called back, the agent didn't seem as enthusiastic as he did last night. I should have called again last night after the initial call and pretended I was another person and see if they told me I was #194 again!!! I should have recorded the call! Should have, could have! Well, I finally got the CS # from the agent and called it immediately.

A woman answered and I asked her what this was about...if this was legitimate. I asked if I would be receiving "COUPONS" or "VOUCHERS"...she said that it was COUPONS! I was furious! I said, "I can clip coupons from the Sunday paper and don't need to pay twenty flippin dollars for them!" I informed her that I searched their company online and the first thing that popped up was the scams associated with it! She didn't argue my accusations. I said, "So, how do I get confirmation that you people won't be debiting my account anymore and that I properly get refunded?" She replied, "Can I have your name and zip code?" I gave her the info and she said that it was within forty eight hours and that it had not been processed and that she was plugging my info in to have it cancelled. I asked for a confirmation that EVERYTHING would be cancelled and my money be refunded NOW!! I had to ask for that!! She asked for my e-mail and said that I would get an e-mail shortly of the confirmed cancellation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me that the supervisor would just tell me the same thing she did! I told her this is false advertising and this is wrong to do to hard-working citizens and consumers to tell them you are helping them with economic crisis and all you are doing is ripping them off!!! I also told her that my bank is one of the best banks in the country and if I had to file a complaint on them, they will be sorry! PNC Bank is awesome at disputes and unauthorized charges! I did not authorize this company to debit any more than 19.95 from my account and if I have other charges, this shit is gonna get deep! The fishiest part of this whole thing is that the agent that I spoke to last night never gave me a total. Normally the company debiting your account will give you a total amount and confirm they have the correct bank numbers, all he did was make sure he had the correct bank numbers!

In conclusion, one thing to keep in mind is that life is hard and there is no company out there that is going to go out of their way to help you! They are out to make money even if it means to steal it off of desperate individuals who are seeking any way possible to save money! These companies, in my opinion, are savages, flesh-eating, dirty scum bags!

***Please do not fall for this scam! I can assure you that this is very much true!!! ***

I heard the wonderful sounding ad on the radio. I didn't even suspect that it was a scam at first, because I didn't think the radio would allow a scam to advertise untrue info like that!

The "$2,000 stimulus to help the economy", "there are just a few slots left for your zip code area", "the government is trying to boost the economy and does this ** giving money to people to spend on groceries which helps the store, the farmers, and truckers... what a great way to boost the economy", and the lies that "this will be a voucher you can use at any grocery store" got me.

I started to worry after being signed up for 7 different companies for "free trails" that had to charge shipping. That means it's not free.

The companies and numbers I got signed up for are the following, in case others have this happen to them, and didn't take the time to write down all the phone numbers! Actually, I wasn't even given all the phone numbers so I could cancel them all.

1. Free Shipping www.freeshipping.com 866-416-8958
    2. Leisure Time Savings www.leisuretimesavings.com 800-307-4149
    When I tried to cancel the lady recommended I go sign up online on their site and print off some free coupons for my area. This is $30 a month!
    3. Savings2Go 800-448-0166
    also the same company and able to cancel at the same time
    4. Leisure Plus 800-527-2589
    Part of this "Scam" is the "get gift cards for gas". How this works is you can only redeem 3 total per quarter. When you buy $25.00 in a gift card for gas, you can mail in a rebate for $5.00 gas card to be mailed to you.
    5. Discount Savings Club 800-316-9561 was charged $3.95 in the future would be charged $29.95 a month.
    6. Products for Life
    Was charged $19.95 and cannot find their number thus found this web site. Wish I had found it before all this mess.
    7. Grocery Coupon Club and Grocery Savers .com 888-992-3466
    Had to hold for 21 mins while my account was being cancelled. Just rude and annoying. How hard is it to cancel my account???

This whole ordeal sucked, and gave me false hope. I've spent so much time worrying about all this, and reading their mountains of junk mail.

My motto is "The best way to save money, is not to spend it". Wish I hadn't been scammed. Hope this helps someone else.

It's Not a scam. Those other programs that you signed up for were different saving programs and they will be taking 19.95 a month off which ever card you used.

It's not a scam. The other products you signed up for were completely different then products for life. It was probably Stonebridge benefit services and money ahead now. I did the same thing but they gave me 30 days to cancel.

Its definitely a scam! they couldn't give me a website and just hung up on me

I can't believe these people are still trying to promote this scam!!! I wish there was a place we could advertise that this is a scam and for hard-working people to not waste their money! Products for life is basically a coupon-clipping service. You can get the same coupons in the Sunday paper or online and clip them YOURSELVES!!! If I needed someone to clip coupons and pay them for doing so, I wouldn't need to use coupons!!!!

I heard the add on the radio n thought ok its legit. When I.called they wanted bank info for shipping charges I.figured no problem about 20.00 bucbucks for 2,000 in vouchers.... Then the guy said b.c. I was.lower income I qualified for a discount n wanted my info again ro get 15.99 back. Next he tried to give me a bunch of other crap..n tried to get my bank info agaun.. When I said I wasnt interested he.got nasty n rude sayin all.i would gey was the coupons.one.month later.im still waiting
    Little do they know I work.for.a bank these.scammets.are.screwed