+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Even the bible says he must go.

We were in Pigeon Forge over the week end. On Sunday, we left to come home.
    Traffic was moving slowly, and a car in front of us had an Obama bumper
    sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

Mike's Bible was lying on the dash board. He got it, opened it up to the
    scripture, and read it. He started laughing and laughing. Then he read it
    to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too..

><>

Psalm 109:8

"Let his days be few; and let another take his office."

Breaking from Newsmax.com

No President Has Ever Bowed to a Foreign Leader — Until Now
    President Barack Obama’s bow to the Japanese emperor Saturday — following his bow to the Saudi Arabian monarch in April — is creating a humiliating new precedent. Until Obama, no president of the United States in the more than 230 years since the country was founded in 1776 had ever bowed to a member of royalty.

Last edited by Old Timer; 11-16-2009 at 08:43 AM.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Even the bible says she must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post

><>

Do you understand the meaning of: "out of context."?
    Otherwise, choosing established statements, materials to suit one's own agenda.
    It would serve those well whom do so to read the Bible more thoroughly and with objectivity. However, narrow-mindedness, bigotry, ignorance, does not lend itself to such a practice.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    It would serve those well whom do so to read the Bible more thoroughly and with objectivity. However, narrow-mindedness, bigotry, ignorance, does not lend itself to such a practice.
    It was pretty funny though.
    I need a lil emblem signifying the many shot down liberal arguments to paste to my Republican fighter-bomber, any suggestions?:judges:,:,or:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by cwywf View Post
    It was pretty funny though.
    I suppose some might think so, however, the fallacy remains in the subjective context of the chosen materials.
    It doesn't take anyone with any particular intelligence or insight to choose words from virtually any source to either praise or slander another.
    Vasudeva

I have to admit Psalm 109.8 is quit fitting...funny to boot..I rather laugh than cry!!!!
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

I suppose some might think so, however, the fallacy remains in the subjective context of the chosen materials.
    It doesn't take anyone with any particular intelligence or insight to choose words from virtually any source to either praise or slander another.

But it's still pretty funny. That is exactly what it was intended to be. Your attempt to act as if it were something serious doesn't fit at all. Of course it's out of context.

It amazes me how some feel they have to leap to Obamas defense even over the simplest of jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post
    I have to admit Psalm 109.8 is quit fitting...funny to boot..I rather laugh than cry!!!!
    continue to cultivate and nurture hate and discontent, especially regarding our elected leaders and you and many others will certainly have much more reason to cry.
    I don't know if you have children, or any very young relatives to contemplate what they face in the future.
    But all who tirade and cultivate hate and malcontent better be prepared for some serious sadness and suffering in the future if humanity cannot change its ways of loving to hate and condemn so easily, readily.
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    But it's still pretty funny. That is exactly what it was intended to be. Your attempt to act as if it were something serious doesn't fit at all. Of course it's out of context.

It amazes me how some feel they have to leap to Obamas defense even over the simplest of jokes.
    So there you go, that's what you're looking for, why you are on here. That figures...
    Vasudeva

continue to cultivate and nurture hate and discontent, especially regarding our elected leaders and you and many others will certainly have much more reason to cry.
    I don't know if you have children, or any very young relatives to contemplate what they face in the future.
    But all who tirade and cultivate hate and malcontent better be prepared for some serious sadness and suffering in the future if humanity cannot change its ways of loving to hate and condemn so easily, readily.

Sooooo.....I'm sure you here front and center defending Bush from all his critics when he was in office?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Sooooo.....I'm sure you here front and center defending Bush from all his critics when he was in office?
    Actually everyone it ws in an email I got from a friend. It was meant to be and is funny.

but I guess by now everyone here knows that if obama was dying of thirst I would not give him the sweat off of my kiwi's.

Actually everyone it ws in an email I got from a friend. It was meant to be and is funny.

but I guess by now everyone here knows that if obama was dying of thirst I would not give him the sweat off of my kiwi's.
    And that makes you no better than the very people you criticize. You quote the bible in your original post, but then you clearly state that you would willfully ignore someone you hate if they were in a life or death position. Not exactly the Christian way, now is it?

I think the attempt was at humor...not intelligence or insight, lighten up. Geez.
    I need a lil emblem signifying the many shot down liberal arguments to paste to my Republican fighter-bomber, any suggestions?:judges:,:,or:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    Not exactly the Christian way, now is it?
    What is christian like? Being a christian simply means you will strive to be a better person, not perfect. In fact, being Christian like is being human.

I don't know what kind of Christians you know but if they think they are perfect, they are in need of "do over".

Sorry... That always gets me when people use that term because someone says they are a christian. Christians are not typically Ned Flanders or the crazy lady on the movie The Mist....

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    And that makes you no better than the very people you criticize. You quote the bible in your original post, but then you clearly state that you would willfully ignore someone you hate if they were in a life or death position. Not exactly the Christian way, now is it?

I never quoted the bible, as I said I got it in an email and posted it in an attempt at humor. But seeing as it is against obama whom you like and I don't, I guess that we will always have a difference of opinion. Most christians are what I call sunday christians. They will shake your hand on sunday and stab you in the back on monday. Never had much use for churches. All they do is tell me how bad I am and ask for more and more money. The way I see it, Jesus didn't need to go to church to talk to his father and if it is good enough for him it is good enough for me.

I never quoted the bible, as I said I got it in an email and posted it in an attempt at humor. But seeing as it is against obama whom you like and I don't, I guess that we will always have a difference of opinion. Most christians are what I call sunday christians. They will shake your hand on sunday and stab you in the back on monday. Never had much use for churches. All they do is tell me how bad I am and ask for more and more money. The way I see it, Jesus didn't need to go to church to talk to his father and if it is good enough for him it is good enough for me.

LOL Bullseye OT!

Re: Even the bible says he must go.

><>

Breaking from Newsmax.com

No President Has Ever Bowed to a Foreign Leader — Until Now
    President Barack Obama’s bow to the Japanese emperor Saturday — following his bow to the Saudi Arabian monarch in April — is creating a humiliating new precedent. Until Obama, no president of the United States in the more than 230 years since the country was founded in 1776 had ever bowed to a member of royalty.

I totally see the part where you say this didn't happen to you and was e-mailed to you...

I didn't read all the replies before I posted because I'm at work and I don't always have time to. Maybe you should edit your OP to correctly state that.

Either way, if YOU are OK with the death of another human being on your hands due to your hate then I guess good for you. Personally, no matter how much I hated someone personally I couldn't allow them to die if I had the opportunity to do something about it. It's a moral issue for me.