+ Reply to Thread

ZenithWorldltd - Anyone have info?

I am well aware that anything too good to be true probably IS, but this initially sounded like it could possibly be legitimate. I am into photography, and have been searching for a particular lens (Canon 100-400 4.5-5.6 IS L). While looking at Craig's List for used equipment, I found an ad for Zenith World ltd. They had a variety of equipment listed for 25-70% of MSRP, and they claim the equipment is brand new. I will include our e-mail correspondence below. I have done extensive searches on the internet, but can only come up with other places they have posted advertisements, nothing about the company or anyone who has fallen victim to a scam. I am keeping the spelling and grammar as is below because I think it adds to the effect.

I copied and pasted - so it's in reverse order (sorry) I omitted the IP header at the top here, but I do have the IP address. I ran a free online trace, but it only tells me the global ISP they belong to. Anyone know how to take this further? Also, the first email at the bottom begins with his reply to me. He just added his text in my original email, so you'll see what my initial e-mail said.
    -----------------------------------
    Hello xxxxx,

I understand you ok...but you have to understand me too, the payment is via western union, i now that there is some scammers on the net that lie to people, but we are not, the way i now that $950usd means alot to a student,

The way i can help you is that if you can pay half of the money, then we will shipped the camera (NOTICE THE SWITCH TO "CAMERA"???)to you, but once you received the camera, you have to promise me that you will pay the rest balance once you received the camera, so do you promise me that? reply soonest, i call you phone number but not going through, whats the code? (THANK GOD HE COULDN"T GET MY NUMBER TO WORK, IT WAS LEGIT THOUGH)

Thanks,
    Micheal.
    ----------------------------------------

To: "Micheal Frekyyem"
    Subject: RE: Camera Ad
    Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:56:05 -0600

Michael,
    Sorry, but I will not send money via Western Union. As I am sure you are aware, Western Union is not a secure way to transfer money. Scammers have figured out how to manipulate the Western Union system since it is not protected. I can't in good conscious send a thousand dollars to a company with no tracable record. Is there any way that you can verify that your company is legitimate - provide a phone number, address, business license number, etc. I am a college student, and can't afford to be ripped off. You saying that you are legit is not proof enough for me. I am sorry to put you in a position to prove your company exists, but this is the only way I will go through with this transaction.

Thank you,
    xxxxx
    To: xxxx me xxxx
    Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:22:38 +0000

Hello xxxxx,

Thanks for your reply, so i will go and package the Canon 100-400mm IS
    L lens now with your full shipping address, to be ready to be shipped to
    you, the shippment through UPS its within 48hours, the payment is via
    western union, so get back now so that i can give you the payment
    informations via western union you need to make the payment,

Thanks,
    Micheal.

---------------------------------------------
    To: "Micheal Frekyyem"
    Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:01:38 -0600

(I provided my info here)

How would I pay? I am more than a little hesitant to give my credit card number out over the phone to a company I don't know anything about. Your prices are awesome, but I need more information about your company.

To: xxxx me xxxx
    Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:06:47 +0000

Hello xxxx,

Thanks for the mail,

1. Is this a legitimate company? yes
    2. Are the prices too good to be true? yes
    3. Do you have a Canon 100-400mm IS L lens?Also, please send me a link to your website. yes for $950usd, brand new,
    we
    make shippment through UPS and its within 48hours, so get back with
    your
    full shipping address and contact phone number, our website is under
    construction,

Thanks,
    Micheal.

Re: ZenithWorldltd - Anyone have info?

Im talking to the same guy..Im kinda hesitant too, Have anyone dealt with him before

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaes795
    Im talking to the same guy..Im kinda hesitant too, Have anyone dealt with him before
    This is just my opinion. That ish got scam written all over it. Ask him for his full name and DOB and the owner of the company's same info as well. This is a bluff but i bet if you tell him that you have a friend or family member who works in a law firm and can verify if the company exist's with this info he'll stop responding. Craigslist is full of scammers so if any of you decide to gamble be cautious.
    Recieved
    Computer-offer $2000 GC
    Consumergain.com $500 Visa GC
    TopConsumerRewards $100 Visa GC
    theuseful.com Best Buy $50 GC
    Mavishare $34 paypal
    $250 Check fron Gadgetcity in lieu of Wii

Incomplete
    Gaming.free4me PS3 11 referals needed
    YourFreeVideoiPods 8 referals needed
    PlasmaForFree 20 referals needed
    OrderCash4Free Referals needed

this is for sure a scam. i fell for it, lost my money, and respect... should've know it was too good to be true.