+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Bible and science in the year 2012

Go to http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVluo-u_xQk and you will see what NASA says about the year 2012. It is just like the Bible says will happen.

Re: The Bible and science in the year 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    Go to http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVluo-u_xQk and you will see what NASA says about the year 2012. It is just like the Bible says will happen.
    You link dosen't work, try youtube.com/watch?v=OVluo-u_xQk.

Also, the video does not appear to be from NASA. It is from a website called 'saintbirgitta.com' which redirects to prophecyfilm.com.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

jwhclone is offline Frequent observer, occasional poster User Rank

Sounds like a real "reliable" site, doesn't it?

By the way--isn't it the Mayans (not the Bible) that points at 2012 (and of course per Lisa's post earlier, even that linkage is pretty debatable.)

Terry--we don't know what's going to happen at the end of the world, and we definitely don't know when it's going to happen. I'm saying this as a Christian (though not a fundamentalist, appocolyptic type of Christian.) I have no problem with the fact that our earth is billons of years old and that evolution is our "best guess" of a process that has led to the diversity of life on our planet. That doesn't shake my belief in God at all. I don't pretend to be God--so I don't know when things are going to happen.

I simply couldn't stand back and watch you make a fool of yourself any more without commenting.

What?? I thought the Miyans didn't exist. Afterall there calander must be bunk since it predates the great flood.

And no-body let alone a civilzation could survive the great flood. (sarcasm for those who hadn't figured it out)

Jesus christ.

Seriously, you think NASA posts on youtube?

Try this:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.
    Answer (A): Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

That's only because you are part of the global scientific conspiracy. You don't know the "truthsm"
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhclone View Post
    Sounds like a real "reliable" site, doesn't it?

By the way--isn't it the Mayans (not the Bible) that points at 2012 (and of course per Lisa's post earlier, even that linkage is pretty debatable.)

Terry--we don't know what's going to happen at the end of the world, and we definitely don't know when it's going to happen. I'm saying this as a Christian (though not a fundamentalist, appocolyptic type of Christian.) I have no problem with the fact that our earth is billons of years old and that evolution is our "best guess" of a process that has led to the diversity of life on our planet. That doesn't shake my belief in God at all. I don't pretend to be God--so I don't know when things are going to happen.

I simply couldn't stand back and watch you make a fool of yourself any more without commenting.
    You are saying things that go against what the Bible teaches. I can't deny that the earth may be billions of years old but the Bible says that God created everything on the earth in six days. "Evening and morning where the first day" refers to a 24 hour day. If a day was a thousand years then when plants were created, they had darkness for 500 years and light for 500 years. I don't know of too many plants that can survive like that. The Bible says that the animals produced their own kind which allows for diversity of kinds but no changes from one kind to another. Read your Bible and you might find out a lot of things like this that you didn't know.
    The book of Revelation is included with the Bible and is therefore a part of God's Word. If you don't understand it, then read some commentaries.

You are saying things that go against what the Bible teaches.
    It was told to you many times before. Bible has nothing to do with scientific discussion. And Earth did not have 24 hour cycle billions of year ago. It started from 5 hour cycle and gradually shifted to 24.

You forget that the speed of light was way much faster back then.

The world back then was completly different back then and you can't compare it to today's world.

Also another interesting point, if the earth's speed of light was much much faster back then, and it now is much much slower......that means the earth's rotation is slowing down dramaticly is a day was like a 1000 years previously in the begining of creation.

Quote Originally Posted by rehteaw2009 View Post

The world back then was completly different back then and you can't compare it to today's world.

Also another interesting point, if the earth's speed of light was much much faster back then, and it now is much much slower......that means the earth's rotation is slowing down dramaticly is a day was like a 1000 years previously in the begining of creation.
    You completely did not get it. Because Moon was much closer Earth during their creation it effected speed of Earth rotation.

Speed of light has relatively nothing to do with rotation of the planets. At least for the planets that are far from black holes.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 11-13-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    You completely did not get it. Because Moon was much closer Earth during their creation it effected speed of Earth rotation.

Speed of light has nothing to do with rotation of the planets.
    I know that and that was what I was saying......I wasn't saying that the speed of light affected the earth's rotation.

The speed of light was faster????

Right, so did the fine structure constant change as well, or did planck's constant and the charge of the electron change to counteract the change in c.

Why can't we see the effect of this change in the speed of light, in, for example, x-ray photoemission spectra from quasars?

Bah, I'm wasting my time. I need to find something more productive to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    The speed of light was faster????

Right, so did the fine structure constant change as well, or did planck's constant and the charge of the electron change to counteract the change in c.

Why can't we see the effect of this change in the speed of light, in, for example, x-ray photoemission spectra from quasars?

Bah, I'm wasting my time. I need to find something more productive to do.

If the earth's rotation was faster at one stage....and it is slower now, then the speed of light must be slower in terms of the sun's light rays moving around the earth since the earth's rotation is slower.

14. 11-13-2009, 08:03 PM

Reason
    error

If the earth's rotation was faster at one stage....and it is slower now, then the speed of light must be slower in terms of the sun's light rays moving around the earth since the earth's rotation is slower.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

You have to be a product of our fine American public school system (past 20 years).

The Earth's rotation speed has no effect on the speed of light. The speed of light has been proven by and is accepted as a constant by greater minds than ours. The Earth's rotation slowed due to gravitational drag from the Moon. The Moon still exerts a gravitational drag upon the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post

OMG!!!! LMAO!!!!