+ Reply to Thread

bladeplay.com (also called "Blade HQ") is a scam

Don't give out your credit card number to this company! I ordered a couple pocket knives and they tried a "double ship" scam on me where a scammer will mail a customer double the order and try to charge them for it. I refused to pay and they charged my card- not once but twice, and the second time was for twice the total! I have filed a complaint with the USPS against the company and plan on prosecuting.

Re: bladeplay.com (also called "Blade HQ") is a sc

drmike1234 placed an order with our company. Upon receipt of his order he initiated a credit card charge back (this is where someone claims that a purchase was made fraudulently without their authorization). However, he had signed for the package.

In the process of disputing drmike1234's charge back (we have to prove the customer got their order) we discovered we had accidentally shipped another customer's order to him.

We called drmike1234 and asked him to return the other order. He said that he had gotten the incorrect order, he had no intention of returning it, he claimed we were threatening him, and he subsequently accused us of mail fraud.

That is where we stand. drmike1234 is a morally corrupt individual who believes it is his right to rob online companies. Our reputation stands on it's own.

-Cam
    www.bladehq.com
    www.bladeplay.com
    Last edited by bladehq.com; 11-17-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Current BBB Report shows,
    Business Contact and Profile for Blade HQ, LLC
    Name: Blade HQ, LLC
    Phone: (801) 768-2303
    Address: 400 South 1000 East Ste # E
    Lehi, UT 84043

www.bladehq.com
    www.selfdefensehq.com
    www.bladeplay.com
    Original Business Start Date: January 2002
    Principal: Mr. Cam Hughes, CEO
    Customer Contact: Mr. Cam Hughes, CEO - (801) 768-2303 or send email
    Email Address: Send email to Blade HQ, LLC
    Entity: Limited Liability Company
    Incorporated: October 2004, UT
    Type of Business: Cooking Utensil Suppliers, House Ware Retailers
    BBB Accreditation: Blade HQ, LLC is a BBB Accredited business.

BBB Accreditation
    Blade HQ, LLC has been a BBB Accredited business since August 2006. This means it supports BBB's services to the public and meets our BBB Accreditation standards.

BBB Rating for Blade HQ, LLC
    Based on BBB files, Blade HQ, LLC has a BBB Rating of A+

Customer Complaint History for Blade HQ, LLC
    BBB processed a total of 1 complaint about Blade HQ, LLC in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 1 complaint closed in 36 months, 1 was closed in the last year.
    In business for 7 years, incorporated for 5 years, accredited BBB member for 3 years with a A+ rating, and only one complaint in the last 3 years.

'bladehq.com',
    Even thou I understand your frustration in this matter it generally is not a good idea to violate and break your own companies polices on a public forum.
    bladehq.com/cat--Terms-Conditions--,
    Privacy Policy
    No personal information (names, addresses, email addressed, telephone numbers, etc) gathered off our website (from forum registration, orders, newsletter subscribers, personal communication or otherwise) will be given, sold or distributed to anyone without written permission. Your full privacy is guaranteed.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 11-17-2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Even thou I understand your frustration in this matter it generally is not a good idea to violate and break your own companies polices on a public forum.
    Good call. Sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us. Even though I personally feel his identity should be exposed- I'm sure other companies are having similar problems with him and I believe criminal action may supersede privacy guarantees- I have modified my post.

-Cam
    Last edited by bladehq.com; 11-17-2009 at 12:43 PM.

I have resolved this matter. Blade HQ is not a scam. How do I delete this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by drmike1234 View Post
    I have resolved this matter. Blade HQ is not a scam. How do I delete this thread?
    You can't delete the thread. It will likely remain until Scam.com stops paying for the space on the server.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

I just created this account so I could post this. I was really confused when I saw this page was the third result on google when I searched for Bladeplay.

I have purchased many knives over the past 2 years from BladePlay and BladeHQ. Many of my orders contained multiple (2-4) items, and some orders were for a single item, and not one time did I have any problems. Not only were there no problems, but most of the time I was happily surprised to find my newest order arriving at my home much earlier than anticipated.

My purchases ranged from some lower cost (10-15) to some $300+ knives, and I was happy with every single purchase.

Anyway, writing this now, as I was about to make another trip to the site, where I will probably end up purchasing another knife or two, when I saw this link.

- Rusty

I felt compelled to do the same as RustyX !!! My order from them was shipped very promptly, and, when there was a defect with one of the products, I emailed them. I received a response within MINUTES and they resolved the problem THAT DAY. I thought their attention to customer service and satisfaction was above and beyond most companies I deal with online. These days, people only complain complain complain so I thought I'd take a few minutes out of my day to compliment Anna (who resolved my issue) and the company in general! These people can be trusted!

like Rusty X and usspn, i am an avid customer of bladeplay.com. i never had any problem with them. i think i had used both credit and debit cards and never had any sort of problem with the transactions.

keep up the good work bladeplay.com!
    i love your balisongs btw...

I have been dealing with bladeplay.com-Blade Hq. for years, never have had a problem, in fact i enjoy being a customer of theirs, they sell great products and also not so great products whatever you want. I would give them five stars.

Ben Terwellen

Re: A message

Quakertown Heirlooms - Begun in 1969 as a 5000 square foot general line antique store, Quakertown Heirlooms is currently marketing its wares ten times per year at major antique shows up aand down the East Coast. The GoAntiques store site features a variety of antiques, collectibles, and special interest items gleaned from its 50,000 item inventory. Acquisitions come from estate purchases and private sellers in historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Owners Jim and Linda Roth have a combined 74 years of retail experience. The ...

VICTORIAN HOUSE ANTIQUES - Victorian House Antiques have been in business for over 25 Good years,Located in a lovely old Victorian House. As You can see we sell Antiques and Collectibles online and thru our shop, We carry wide range of quality items, from Victorian to 1950's, We also specialize in appraisals of Antiques and Collectibles and are well known for conducting Estate Sales, If You see something that You like we will not turn down reasonable offer,Thanks for Looking!

Antiques USA - Antiques USA is a Wholesale Source with offices based in New York City and warehouses in Atlanta Ga, Hudson NY, and Miami Fla. We offer American and European Furniture, Lighting, Accessories, Garden, Etc. at below market prices. We actively buy ,sell, import and export single items or entire estates. If you don't find an item you're looking for, be sure to let us know; we may have it in one of our warehouses, on a pending shipment, or we may be able to find it for you.

Gibson's Books and West Station Antiques - Welcome to the online home of West Station Antiques and Gibson's Books. New items are added weekly so check back often you never know what treasures you will uncover. If you have any questions or comments please email or phone us. We stock a large selection of magazines, sheet music, postcards, paper advertising and ephemera as well as a line of general antiques. Our specialties include Childhood Favorites, Southern Fiction, Civil War, Southern History, Cookbooks, Glassware, China, Pottery and Silver.

A Fabulous Find - Welcome to A Fabulous Find! We have dealt in antiques for over 20 years and have been avid collectors even longer. We have sold via auctions and at antique malls/shows for the last 15 years, now GoAntiques is our permanent store home. Our inventory includes depression/elegant glass, china, dolls, vintage jewelry, silver plate, sterling, books, military, linens, paper goods, Hot Wheels and more. We have thousands of items that we are working on adding to this store, visit us often as you never know what ...

Buyadalia - Offering antiques, fine art, collectibles and vintage decor at fair prices. Located in the Washington DC to New York corridor, we are constantly searching for estate merchandise to be listed for sale.

Inglenook Antiques & Collectibles - Inglenook Antiques and Collectibles, established in 1990, operates from a quaint pre-1920's home in Lake Wales, Florida, open to the public. Situated on the state-recognized Florida Scenic Highway, between Historic Bok Sanctuary and Cypress Gardens. We deal in most everything old, no reproductions or modern collectibles. We deal in furniture, decorative accessories, glassware, porcelain, pottery, tools, books, kitchenware, and a multitude of other categories. We welcome special requests and ...

Globe Antiques and Collectibles - I'm located in the central part of Minnesota. I have operated an Antique and Collectible shop for 20 plus years.I have also been selling online for over 4 years. I carry a varied line of vintage antiques and new collectibles. Your satisfaction is guaranteed with a 7 day money back guarantee if I have failed to describe any item accurately, so shop with confidence, knowing your business is truly appreciated.
    Last edited by applebon2918; 11-18-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Blade Play is an exceptional seller of knives and accessories. I have purchased many items from them and all were quickly shipped. I received on knife that had a defect but I was able to return it for another without any aggravation. Great company.

C.M. Portland, OR

To whom it may concern,
    I passed thru this website, and when I read the complaint regarding bladeplay/bladehq- I had to signup and speak out against this person. I am in no way affiliated with bladeplay/bladehq, but I'm a faithful customer because I have been purchasing blades from this company online for going on just shy of a year now and my purchases total somewhere around 50 knives. They have always been honest, courteous, helpful and polite. very fairly priced, and to sees good company badmouthed and disrespected like this is unfair and untrue. I don't normally waste my time with this kind of banter, but it was just such malarkey that I needed to speak out.
    sincerely
    L.D. Raines

I have ordered knives twice from this company and have nothing but good to say about them. I found this post when I was Googling up this URL...to place ANOTHER order. Which I will confidently do right now.

Re: bladeplay.com (also called "Blade HQ") is a scam

This is an old post but, I felt compelled to respond. I have just started collecting knives. Got first from a local (way overpriced) knife shop and most of the rest from eBay. So, I am JUST ABOUT to graduate to a REAL site such as BladePlay. drmike1234 should be thanked. When they say that that there is, "no such thing as bad publicity" hell if they don't mean it. I am for SURE going to be a regular customer of BladPlay from here on out after reading this. Good job Dr. Mike who knows how to count 4. However, you may want to stick to talking shit lies rather than trying to run scams. The latter seems to be your forte.