+ Reply to Thread

Our Oil Isnt Low

it has come to my attention that the major oil companies are putting there oil in barges and keeping them out in the water. why? you ask
    well when a barge brings oil to these companies they need to be pulled by a tug boat operator to be docked well one of those dockers said he's spending all day docking these boats . when the oil is in a barge then the company doesn't have too count it as stock. well if there is not any stock then the prices go up because of demand. what we dont know is that there's hundreds of barges docked that are full of crude.
    not to mention the fact the our president has ownership in one of these major oil producers and is makin these choices depending on his pocket lining.
    this is why we need to impeech bush.

among other things like killing our children to pad his own pockets
    :mad:

Re: Our Oil Isnt Low

So, that's the bottom line! He sure is a scumbag!

Or are they in a 'holding pattern'... so to say... to await offloading? The oil is running out...

http://bronnacker.com/

What are you guys talking about? The world is not running out of oil. Didn't you see John Stossel's report on 20/20 about this myth? Below is a link to John Stossel's video report about this subject:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1946708

As you will see in the video, there is enough fuel in Canada alone to fuel the entire world for the next 100 years.

Once again a myth has been busted.

Very good link... thanks. I've always liked John Stossel... for a variety of reasons.
    It sounds like we're BOTH correct... my link, obviously, referrs to the 'cheap' oil as mentioned in the video while the info on Canada's tar-sand deposits, mentioned in the video, is another matter.

Again... good link... thank you. It was very informative.

WTF? You mean we're NOT running out of oil???

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddybubba View Post
    it has come to my attention that the major oil companies are putting there oil in barges and keeping them out in the water. why? you ask
    well when a barge brings oil to these companies they need to be pulled by a tug boat operator to be docked well one of those dockers said he's spending all day docking these boats . when the oil is in a barge then the company doesn't have too count it as stock. well if there is not any stock then the prices go up because of demand. what we dont know is that there's hundreds of barges docked that are full of crude.
    not to mention the fact the our president has ownership in one of these major oil producers and is makin these choices depending on his pocket lining.
    this is why we need to impeech bush.

among other things like killing our children to pad his own pockets
    :mad:
    nice claim, care to back it up with documentation/links?
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

This isn't just some random bump....I am constantly being amazed at my own stupidity in accepting things I've heard or read.

This is me......THIS time. ------> :tool44:

Please... think of the kittens. :(

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post

LOL - I don't think any kittens had to die today because of me.

Am I the only one who's been gullible enough to believe that the world - at least the middle east - supplies are beginning to dwindle?

Dammit, I'm admitting my ignorance again........ :rotz:

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post

I think about their older siblings alot...does that count?

;-)
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    WTF? You mean we're NOT running out of oil???
    It all depends on how you define "runnning out"...

There are gigantic deposits of oil out there and more are yet to be discovered. This is nothing new. The problem is that these resources are increasingly expensive to produce from. That's why they haven't been discussed as realistic before now.

As the world market oil price raises, it becomes economically feasible to start producing from these "difficult" sources, that's why they start to pop up in the debate.

However, production from those "new" gigantic sources will be at a higher price than we pay today. The "good old days" when you could poke a stick in the ground and oil started sipping out are over. These sources are already discovered and exploited fully.

There is one truth that still applies:
    We will never run out of oil. The reason is simple: Nobody will be able to pay for the last barrel since the price will constantly increase until we reach that last barrel...

With that in mind: Is it smart to increase our oil dependancy?