Hannity & Faux News' Fraudulent Video Scam Busted

Hannity 'Apologizes' For Falsifying Footage Of Tea Bagger Rally

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    Sean Hannity Uses Glenn Beck's Protest Footage
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show
    Full Episodes
    Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

After The Daily Show busted the Fox 'News' anchor attempting to inflate the apparent attendance for a recent D.C. Tea Bagger rally by using old footage from two months ago, Sean Hannity offered an "apology" of sorts on tonight's show.

Having no choice but to cop to it, Hannity admitted getting busted, though claims it was "an inadvertent mistake". How one can inadvertently go fetch footage from two months ago, and "inadvertently" edit it into a report on an event that took place earlier on the same day is not entirely clear.

He also failed to explain to his viewers the context in which the "incorrect video" actually was shown. Neither did he run Stewart's report from last night explaining clearly how Hannity had attempted to fool them. So, as usual, Hannity's viewers remain largely both in the dark and misinformed.

Can you imagine what the wingnuts would have done, the boycotts of GE and MSNBC, and the size of the DRUDGE REPORT's screaming headlines had Keith Olbermann falsified footage in a report as Hannity did?

Such as it is, however, the wingnuts won't raise a peep about any of this. Unlike with Dan Rather, who didn't intentionally deceive anybody, there will be no cries for investigations, nobody will be held accountable for anything, Hannity will get to keep his job, and the entire matter will be forgotten by the weekend.

STEWART VIDEO, HANNITY 'APOLOGY' VIDEO, TRANSCRIPT:
    http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7516

Read more: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7516

"The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Re: Hannity & Faux News' Fraudulent Video Scam Bus

When is news not the News?
    When it’s Fux News of course.
    Meeduck and his band of merry pranksters are clearly a propaganda outfit for the rep. party and the neo-con nitwits. It would not surprise me to find that they received huge checks from Bush’s black budget, possibly through DOD PSYOPS.
    People have had enough of their BS.
    SEE LINK

http://www.democrats.com/boycott-fox-news-advertisers
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 11-12-2009 at 05:19 AM.

Lou Dobbs just ate you for breakfast Christie you rug humping tard!

I think ths fact that three times as many people watch Fox News as any other news network, that the big three have long ago lost their edge and objectivity and the blatant partisanship shown by newspapers across our country more than upset more than a few people. Reality is, FoxNews is a ratings king stomping all over the majority of those who whine about them.
    I need a lil emblem signifying the many shot down liberal arguments to paste to my Republican fighter-bomber, any suggestions?:judges:,:,or:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Maybe people who watch Fox News prefer fiction over fact.

It makes sense when you consider the ratings and that's the dangerous part.

How many stoopid Americans believed that the news piece, as reported to them, was real?

My guess......99.9%

Now, thanks to Fox News' fabrications and lies, the majority of people who watch the news believe there is a huge movement against the Health reforms, when, in fact, there is not...

Someone educate this guy... Again. I dont have time, I am off to another fantastic 5 hour meeting!!

You know me though, that evil capitalist!!!

6. 11-12-2009, 06:24 AM

Off you go then...Try not to say too many stupid things.

Dont worry, I wont pull a "Gazza"
    :cwm2:

Fox is the only conservative TV news station, there are 3 that are more towards the center or left. About half the country is conservative. Therefore, when all of the conservatives turn to the one conservative news network, and everyone else is split between the three, it's not hard to imagine that the 1 conservative network would have higher ratings.

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

PEW Study Shows Fox "News" Viewers Are The Most Uninformed And Misinformed On Current Events

Studies have consistently shown Fox viewers to be among the most misinformed Americans.

A 2008 Pew study ranked Fox News dead last in the number of “high knowledge” viewers, with only 19 percent of Fox viewers able to correctly identify the majority party in Congress (Democrats), the name of the U.S. Secretary of State (Condoleezza Rice), and name of British Prime Minister (Gordon Brown).

Fox viewers are particularly misinformed about the Iraq war, Health Care Reform and a host of other contemporary issues.

A 2003 study found three common misperceptions about the war held by many Americans: first, that US troops found evidence of close pre-war links between Iraq and al-Qaeda; second, that troops found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq; and third, that world public opinion favored Washington’s going to war with Iraq.

Fox viewers were the most likely to believe these falsehoods.

Eighty percent of Fox viewers were found to hold at least one misperception, compared to 23 percent of NPR/PBS consumers.

All the other media fell in between. … As to the number of misconceptions held by their audiences, Fox far outscored all of its rivals.

A whopping 45 percent of its viewers believed all three misperceptions, while the other commercial networks scored between 12 percent and 16 percent. Only nine percent of (print media) readers believed all three, while only four percent of the NPR/PBS audience did.

http://people-press.org/report/559/
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

And don't forget, he did thank Stewarts' writers for watching the show.

Did he think they wouldn't?

Perhaps they were the only ones who did!

:cwm2::cwm2::cwm2:
    I think you had better check the ratings out before making such an assumption.

Hannity wins his time slot day in, and day out. For example, on Monday Hannity had more viewers in the 9pm hour than CNN, MSNBC and Headline News combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster View Post
    When is news not the News?
    When it’s Fux News of course.
    Gee, you obviously confuse opinion shows with news shows, or you would have never made such an asinine statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I think you had better check the ratings out before making such an assumption.

Hannity wins his time slot day in, and day out. For example, on Monday Hannity had more viewers in the 9pm hour than CNN, MSNBC and Headline News combined.
    As you yourself have said there are 3 non-right wing news stations.

and one Conservative one that is probally more entertaining.

What is the sum total rating of the 3 more center to left stations vs the One right wing?

And what does popularity have anything at all to do with correctness, balanced reports or accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Fox is the only conservative TV news station, there are 3 that are more towards the center or left. About half the country is conservative. Therefore, when all of the conservatives turn to the one conservative news network, and everyone else is split between the three, it's not hard to imagine that the 1 conservative network would have higher ratings.
    True, but the fact is, over the last year or so, the number of people watching CNN and MSNBC is going down, while Fox viewership is going up. Since it's a given that conservatives have always tuned to FOX, then how do you explain their numbers going up, while the others going down?

You can't simply write them off as drawing only a conservative audience.

As for the Hannity footage issue, He was wrong period. I even stated such on another board.

I do give him props for admitting the error, and congratulate the anti-fox people for finally finding something legitimate to bitch about after all these years of baseless attacks.

Keep in mind though, that Hannity is just an opinion show, and not hard news. If this had happened on Special Report, then you would have something you could use to bash the entire network... but you don't... So sad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    What is the sum total rating of the 3 more center to left stations vs the One right wing?
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Please pay close attention to the total viewers at the top, then do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Please pay close attention to the total viewers at the top, then do the math.
    Thankyou for the numbers, He is indeed more popular.

However, not to descredit hanity who I think behaved ok. Do you think popularity has anything to do with correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    Thankyou for the numbers, He is indeed more popular.

However, not to descredit hanity who I think behaved ok. Do you think popularity has anything to do with correctness.
    Great query,
    and I agree popularity as nothing to do with correctness.. but

Who do you think was more popular?
    A-Bozo
    B-Ronald McDonald
    C-Bonzo the chimp ........... or
    D-Ronald Reagan
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 11-12-2009 at 02:57 PM.