+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546

Re: Proof that God exists

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    Pretty much, but you're still messing with it a bit. just leave it as "QUOTE=Cnance;954940" in the square brackets at the top. You don't need to touch the text at all. It already puts "Originally posted by" and the name of who your responding to and adds a link to the message being quoted(the little arrow).
    Here's another try. I think I got it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    Cupcake, as has been stated many times, I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy.

Religion is a crutch for those who lack the ability, or find the load to heavy to lift, to think for themselves. It's a convenient, simple-minded answer when the question is tough.

You ARE one of those people.
    you could say the bible is an explanation of why and how we know anything from the author of all there is to know!? with a little soap opera thrown in to increase sales!? and made/arranged by committee to guarantee confusion!? :cwm2: :spin2: : :
    Last edited by lexx; 08-20-2010 at 03:53 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I once read a book called "The Unrandom Universe". You guys and gals should check it out. It talks all about how the earth and all of its surroundings are so perfect, that it would have to be impossible for our universe to be created by chance. Therefore, a supreme being (not necessarily God...But that is what I believe), made the Universe.

There was one part that really struck me...

"if our earth was tilted any different than it is, our earth would not be able to sustain life...
    if our earth was closer or farther away from the sun, earth would not be able to sustain life...
    if our moon didn't exist, earth would not be able to sustain life..."

It's pretty much saying that our earth is perfect for what God created.

But besides the point, I don't need proof that god exists, I have faith.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Read it. Not impressed.

You're the type of person that looks at a puddle of [email protected] and marvels how well it was designed to hold just that right amount of [email protected]h is the argument that book attempts to make.

Complete Fail.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Here's another try. I think I got it. Thanks
    Excellent. Now can you do that for the rest of your posts? :)
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    I once read a book called "The Unrandom Universe". You guys and gals should check it out. It talks all about how the earth and all of its surroundings are so perfect, that it would have to be impossible for our universe to be created by chance. Therefore, a supreme being (not necessarily God...But that is what I believe), made the Universe.

There was one part that really struck me...

"if our earth was tilted any different than it is, our earth would not be able to sustain life...
    if our earth was closer or farther away from the sun, earth would not be able to sustain life...
    if our moon didn't exist, earth would not be able to sustain life..."

It's pretty much saying that our earth is perfect for what God created.
    If our earth was closer or further from the sun, we would not have evo1ved here, we would exist somewhere more favorably or in some form completely different to what we know as normal.

Perhaps we would be bi-peds? Perhaps we would be single cellular lifeforms. Perhaps we would be crystalline based life forms or something no one has ever dreamed of. Or maybe we wouldn't exist at all. Even in a parallel universe where your exact DNA is in another person, that person would not be you, so arguing what we would be in a different world is pointless. We are here because if we weren't we wouldn't be here to know otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    But besides the point, I don't need proof that god exists, I have faith.
    The bigger question you should be asking yourself is WHY do you not need proof? WHY do you believe it on faith alone? Who has such authority over you to tell you what to believe, just because they said so? Why do you comply so willingly?
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.