+ Reply to Thread

Creating Superman.

Mankind has always been the creator.

We even created a means of travel to the moon.

That is what we are; creators.

Would there be anything unethical then, if there were willing participants, to attempt to create a 'superman'.

This could be an example.

The Praying Mantis has eyes that can help it see at 360degrees, which must be amazing, and, of course, incredibly useful.

If scientists created such an 'eye', then the volunteer would have vision like no other.

Staying with inverts for my inspiration, the African Huntsman spider, it can move so fast it almost 'ghosts' along, faster than the human eye can follow. Research into what makes this species of spider so very fast, isolate that, and try to figure out how to replicate it, in a person.

A single ant can lift ten times it's own body weight.

Not many humans can routinely do that.

Again, study what it is about the ant that permits it to do this, and use it as a loose model to replicate it, in a person.

Remember, these are volunteers, either happy to be part of a pioneering experiment, or paid, either way, their choice.

So far, we would have a man that could move as fast as a cheetah, lift things many times his own weight, and with 360 degree vision.

Pretty cool, imo..

Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Re: Creating Superman.

it's all MIND!! have you ever experienced some kind of supernatural moment!? the strange thing is, most of humanity thinks it's due to repeated/practiced efforts!? and this is partially true, except it concerns the mind and not the physical TRYING!? you have to find a harry potter/ninja school!? or should i say, they have to find YOU!?(teachable) :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Try the eyes of the Mantis Shrimp.
    Also, I believe cuttlefish eyes can see bent light. With the new materials that are being developed that bend light (and are therefore "invisible") that seems like an awfully useful ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Also, I believe cuttlefish eyes can see bent light. With the new materials that are being developed that bend light (and are therefore "invisible") that seems like an awfully useful ability.
    I believe some of these things are being explored by the military, Crab.

I would like to be able to punch like said Mantis Shrimp.

Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
    I believe some of these things are being explored by the military, Crab.

I would like to be able to punch like said Mantis Shrimp.

Why punch like a Mantis Shrimp when you can stab like one? :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Do you have a link for this?

I ask because I have no idea what "bent light" could mean. I googled, but all I could find is that cuttlefish can detect the polarisation of light (which is still pretty cool). Mantis Shrimp do that too, but they're also the only species that can detect circularly polarised light.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Do you have a link for this?

I ask because I have no idea what "bent light" could mean. I googled, but all I could find is that cuttlefish can detect the polarisation of light (which is still pretty cool). Mantis Shrimp do that too, but they're also the only species that can detect circularly polarised light.
    Oh, I probably just got the terms mixed up. I remember reading or watching somewhere that cuttlefish can see the light that gets bent through the body of transparent prey, like little fish or prawns. It's probably different than the actual invisibility stuff now that I sit here thinking about it more.

1 word.........X-MEN:cwm2: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you