+ Reply to Thread

Where 50% of the Federal Budget goes.

Foreign countries.

In the form of Military Bases, Troops, and Financial Aid. Half of everything the Fed's take in goes to other countries while one in eight of all Americans go without enough to eat. While we rate 37th in Health Care while many countries we subsidize rank higher. For the People, by the people, looks to be all the wrong people. I suggest we take care of our own before fighting Wars we can not win, before feeding those that wish to destroy us. "Free" Health Care would be easy if we really wanted it, why not offer free education to American Medical students that agree to work for the "Public Option" at an affordable rate? Why not open Public Option Hospitals just like we have VA Hospitals now? I am sorry but I see no reason to pay countries billions upon billions of dollars to allow us to protect them, shouldn't they be paying us? We can not win in Afghanistan just like we could not win in Iraq or Vietnam. War has changed and is now called "Nation Building", foreign civilians are worth more than our own sons and daughters. I say we let the rest of the world live and die to their own set of rules, not ours. When you are bleeding to death you do not give blood, close all foreign bases unless the other country is willing to cover 100% of our costs. That one simple act would balance the budget with plenty left over to feed the poor and make our country number one in Health Care. How did we get here? If two children are playing in the street, one yours one belonging someone else, and a run away car is coming and you can only save one, which do you save? Our government lets yours die and saves the other. :1crysad:
    Last edited by Worried_in_the_USA; 11-01-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Re: Where 50% of the Federal Budget goes.

Exactly. A good 54% of our budget goes to the overextended military, and we are told that we cannot justify insuring the health of all Americans?

Pure nuts.

your suggestions about healthcare are way too late. harry waxman has had hillarycare in his desk drawer since the 1990's, and now the democrats have enough votes to pass it.

nobody is hungry in USA. there is free food all over the place. most people are way too fat. guess this unversal healthcare will have to cover liposuction?

all of foreign aid doesn't add up to anything, certainly not 50%. the interest paid each year on the debt might be 50% of all the money cllected in tax.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    your suggestions about healthcare are way too late. harry waxman has had hillarycare in his desk drawer since the 1990's, and now the democrats have enough votes to pass it......
    They won't need to. ObamaCare is a lock now from all reports, and that includes the incendiary "public option" which now it so seems will only be taken advantage of by about 2% of the population. Whoooo what a budget breaker huh?? I can see what all those teabagging idiots had their underwear in a knot over!

Mumbles, you are wrong, do a little research. 1 in 8 Americans do not get enough to eat and over 50% of every penny the Fed takes in go to Military Bases, Troops, and Financial Aid in other countries. Sorry, but these are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA View Post
    Mumbles, you are wrong, do a little research. 1 in 8 Americans do not get enough to eat and over 50% of every penny the Fed takes in go to Military Bases, Troops, and Financial Aid in other countries. Sorry, but these are the facts.
    They are, and I posted those stats plus the budget pie chart, on another thread. Now I have to remember which one....

food is what we have too much of. there are not 1 in 8 hungry, anywhere. very few people don't live in the city now, and cities have welfare offices, foodbanks and soup kitchens.

we spend alot on defense because the world is a dangerous place. the world would just take our food and enslave us to grow more for them if we couldn't protect ourselves.

we don't want to be alone in the world so we offer our protection to our friends as well, as we are able. sometimes we even help our enemies if it seems they might do some damage to another enemy. this is wisdom.

we could have said to serbia, be nice if ya'll stop that ethnic cleansing and they would have said, F.U. in fact they did. then clinton started bombing. you would have had the innocents continue to be slaughtered everyday to save the money that clinton spent building those jets and bombs?

you would prefer that all koreans live in hell rather than have a partition where some of them live in freedom and eat everyday?

you are some kind of really sick pervert.

food is what we have too much of. there are not 1 in 8 hungry, anywhere. very few people don't live in the city now, and cities have welfare offices, foodbanks and soup kitchens.

we spend alot on defense because the world is a dangerous place. the world would just take our food and enslave us to grow more for them if we couldn't protect ourselves.

we don't want to be alone in the world so we offer our protection to our friends as well, as we are able. sometimes we even help our enemies if it seems they might do some damage to another enemy. this is wisdom.

we could have said to serbia, be nice if ya'll stop that ethnic cleansing and they would have said, F.U. in fact they did. then clinton started bombing. you would have had the innocents continue to be slaughtered everyday to save the money that clinton spent building those jets and bombs?

you would prefer that all koreans live in hell rather than have a partition where some of them live in freedom and eat everyday?

you are some kind of really sick pervert.
    Positing yourself as world policeman makes you little better than that guy with the bomb on his head in your avatar. Both think it's their divine calling to make people do what they want by force of arms.

hallo? i'm not in gaza or pakistan. hillary clinton is, on orders from the messiah, obamao. he is the commander in chief, not me. there is no declared war anywhere, only police actions. give obamao a call or email him at [email protected]
    and suggest he bring our troops home, today.

i am a conservative. in my interpretation of the constitution, there isn't a war unless congress declares war or we have a treaty to protect, approved by the senate. do we have an approved treaty to protect afganistan government? yes or no? ask obamao. he just does what he wants everyday, doesn't he?

yah, i remember KERRY saying that iraq(war on terror) would become a police action!? you know, i think the dems lack a certain disrespect for the voting public!? (Think Powrone) the repubs know how to milk that cow to death!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i am a conservative. in my interpretation of the constitution, there isn't a war unless congress declares war or we have a treaty to protect, approved by the senate. do we have an approved treaty to protect afganistan government? yes or no? ask obamao. he just does what he wants everyday, doesn't he?
    Sooooo I take it you were against the Iraq War, being undeclared as it was.

its not me. it was up to the congress to either declare war or declare peace. they were all busy doing just what they are doing now, which is ignoring their responsibilities and taking bribes while passing out "earmarks". like Obamao was doing for tony rezko. i'm sure our att. general is working that case?