+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please guide me

Please guide me

Which is the best antivirus for my Laptop??

Please suggest me the best antivirus software for my Laptop.
    I am so confuse in between so many softwares..
    Please guide me.Thank you in advance for your reply

Re: Please guide me

Quote Originally Posted by mikewilkinson View Post
    Which is the best antivirus for my Laptop??

Please suggest me the best antivirus software for my Laptop.
    I am so confuse in between so many softwares..
    Please guide me.Thank you in advance for your reply
    Windows live one care. cost 55 dollars a year. since I have had it not one thiong has gotten into my computer. It even does up dates and and much much more.

It is either Microsoft Security Essentials or Norton. Plus Malwarebytes Anti-Malware(disable IP protection).
    Last edited by BorisZ; 10-31-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Malwarebytes is a great program... plus it is free.

For anti-virus protection I use Avira Anti-Virus. It's another free package. Haven't had anything creep in on me :)

i'm using PCtools internet security. i've used lots of others but find some of these new AIO's are light and unobtrusive. it updates everyday.takes a minute or so. antivirus,antispyware,firewall and more all in 1! :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

AVG. It's great, and free.

a lot depends on your use and the type of sites you like.
    I hope this helps,
    http://www.antivirusmonthly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by consolidation View Post
    a lot depends on your use and the type of sites you like.
    I hope this helps,
    http://www.antivirusmonthly.com/
    Dude, this is sales website and opinion of one person wo owns website. Try better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    Dude, this is sales website and opinion of one person wo owns website. Try better next time.

pimping disguised as guidance!? the pimping is almost a necessity now, how to feret out the 'real' good advice is the question!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by BorisZ View Post
    Fair enough, it is a magazine site, but it does rate the latest antivirus ware. Is it really that biased?

It was offered to help rate them and gives the author's( who studies and knows something about the subject, not saying you don't ) rating against specific criteria.
    I honestly thought it may be of guidance on the latest products reviewed.
    Is there a better site I should have offered?
    This also looks ok
    http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/top-10...virus-software
    Last edited by consolidation; 11-04-2009 at 03:59 AM.

First of all I was a member with corkin for awhile but then recently there was a member was trying to request to add me as a friend 4 times but I refused to because of my firm faith in God and so from there the picture that this person had on as his default profile picture really made me feel uncomfortable because the pic looked like that mad cloud from the old time Movie The IT by Stephen King I think it was and from there I considers it an evil picture and as a firm believer we are against satan the devil and all kinds that considers evil,unclean and unholy from there and then so after the 4th time this member with the evil pic requested to add me I consider it to be disrespectful and a harassment so then I happen to report it to a Paul who is like that Tom Guy from Myspace to just first make a complaint about the that member named Mike who has the evil picture on his profile that he is bothering me and wondering is there anyway to banned or block him from bothering me again or anyway where I can report him as abuse cause as you look really good at the entire site at corkin youíre not able to see anything where you can click on to report and abuse and then they do have contact us section where you can maybe contact the main people about a concern but then at the sametime they post only their email address and regular postal mailing address but no phone number but the email is so confusing to where I am sure it is not gonna be acceptable to use when composing the email and then I donít want to postal mail my concerns cause it is gonna take awhile but no phone number and I do want a way to contacth them immediately so that they can have my situation resolved immediately but instead right after I message the paul and then before you know it my they wrongfully removed or banned my page or profile there and now I have no access to my profile there but then this banning profile action that they made on me actually should of been at least that member Mike who I consider was harassing me and stuff from there and from there I do find the site either illegitimate and very unprofessional and it is just wrong what they did to me and they corkin.com site should get turned off or something cause they mistreated good members like me unfairly and maybe also discriminative,discriminates my religion and so forth.Let me know what you think or what should I do? I am just upset about the situation cause it was just unfair to me you know what I mean ? God Bless!

-Kellie

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Personally, I run Norton. Not sure that I would recommend it above others as I don't have any experience with others in regard to fair comparison or recommendation.
    I will say that it is somewhat a nuisance situation wherein it is always wanting to do back-ups and system scans.
    I often wonder about this entire anti-virus situation; if it isn't one big scam situation within itself. Wherein the anti-virus people are also, as well, the hackers and whatever that proliferate viruses on the internet.
    An analogy of this would be, for instance, someone that desires to have good burglar alarm sales in an area hires some thugs to break into a lot of homes - a big rash of threatening crime. The they send agents into the same area to sell burglar alarms.
    As well, I notice that they frequently want to accomplish a system scan, wherein they, supposedly, are looking for suspect or suspicious files, items, etc. This means that they are privy to examine the entire contents of a individuals computer. Which suggest that they are in a position to compromise one's privacy.
    I do not conduct any particular secret or confidential business with my computer, nor do I have any sensitive or morally compromising material on my computer, so I don't have anything in particular to be concerned about, except for the very fact of intrusion upon personal privacy.
    I'll summarize my entire comments and opinions here by saying that considering the enormity of the internet today and its popularity and high traffic volume, both by individuals as well as business, I think that it is time that there is some serious legislation passed, especially regarding penalties for internet crimes. Such as scammrs, hackers, pfishing, key-loggers and the likes. With some really stiff fines and imprisonment for same. As well as people impersonating others, such as the fifty-year old woman on Facebook that told a teenager girl that she was a teenage boy and eventually established a intimate relationship with the girl, then dumped her. Consequentally, the girl took her life. The older woman was acting out of a vengeful agenda.
    It seems this woman was getting even with the girl for some slight, imagined or real, regarding her own child
    Vasudeva