+ Reply to Thread

God and her followers

If god really existed, she wouldn't allow a bunch of misogynyst fanatics to define the language and the terminology for a bunch of moronic religionists for millenia.

Re: God and her followers

If god really existed, she wouldn't allow a bunch of misogynyst fanatics to define the language and the terminology for a bunch of moronic religionists for millenia
    I think our right, and today things might be different, but back them familys were male dominated. that's that problem.
    Last edited by Cnance; 10-31-2009 at 08:24 AM.

What god are you speaking about?
    ...There are hearts so hard in sin that nothing will work upon them to reduce and reclaim them...

Quote Originally Posted by ecordy75 View Post
    If god really existed, she wouldn't allow a bunch of misogynyst fanatics to define the language and the terminology for a bunch of moronic religionists for millenia.
    How do you know that? Are you god?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I think you're right, but back them familys were male dominated. that's that problem.
    Those people KNEW that it was wrong to dominate women. There were feminists throughout the 19th century who told them about the injustice of denying women the vote.

There were atheists like Karl Marx and his followers who told them about the stupidity of religion.

Those who supported male dominated religions and had the money and the power CHOSE to do it. Nobody forced them to. They are individually responsible for the consequences of their actions. They should have been punished accordingly and severely.

God and her followers

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    How do you know that? Are you god?
    Ok, fellow atheist: How do you know god isn't Allah and wants life to be like it is in Iran/Afghanistan/etc for the whole world?

How do you know god does not want everyone to stop eating meat, to redistribute wealth, and obey the teachings of Karl Marx? That could be true, too, and I hope it is!

How do you know god does not want us to get rid of silly trivial unnecessary nationalism and erase all these silly trivial unnecessary arbitrary borders dividing governments? I could go for that, but I don't really care too strongly.

Ok, fellow atheist: How do you know god isn't Allah and wants life to be like it is in Iran/Afghanistan/etc for the whole world?

How do you know god does not want everyone to stop eating meat, to redistribute wealth, and obey the teachings of Karl Marx? That could be true, too, and I hope it is!

How do you know god does not want us to get rid of silly trivial unnecessary nationalism and erase all these silly trivial unnecessary arbitrary borders dividing governments? I could go for that, but I don't really care too strongly.
    What makes you think I'm an atheist?

Simple logic dictates the answers, along with good ol' Godel's theorem.

In Christia nity we have 38,000 versions and growing. Even within thr world of Islam, they can;t agree on who has the right idea. Besides that,look at the number of other strange and crazy religions.

Now, throw in Godel's theorem, developed by a logician, and applying to all types of formal logic as well as math(layman's version):

"In any consistent axiomatic formulation iof number theory, there exist undecidable propositions".

Turing, Church, Tarski, Chaitin, and a bunch of people demonstrated that such complex formal system not only contain undecidable propositions, but infinite undecidable propositions!

That means, quite simply, that there exists no single process within the poweers of the human mind that can trap all truth in one package, and further, there is no predictive process by which we may ever do it!

Hw do I know God doesn;t want this stuff? Because everytime we think we've figured it out, it just keeps splintering into yet another interpretation, in full accordance with Godel's theorem(and Romans 8:7, if you haven't read it).

Couldn;t just one of them be of God? How are you going to know? Give me any standard whatever by which we can trace a doctrine to God as source of all truth, and we can logically, morally, and legally eliminate all the competition!

In all the colectivist theories you propose, there is only one possible correct choice! Choose none of them!

Butr then, that's what Jesus said in Matthew 24:23, regarding belief in "Christ", or 2 Peter 2;19, or Ephesians 2:8-10, all of which eliminate the decisions procedures and power structures of human minds.

To put it in more "country terms", regarding Godel's theorem and God: if you can define it, it ain't God!!

God and her followers

Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    That means, quite simply, that there exists no single process within the poweers of the human mind that can trap all truth in one package,

(and Romans 8:7, if you haven't read it).

Butr then, that's what Jesus said
    Yeah - you say all this humble stuff about human beings, how we have limited minds and don't know truth with 100% accuracy..
    AND THEN YOU GO and pull FANTASY SHIT (bible crap) out of your ass and talk as though THAT'S some kind of "absolute truth"!

But, THAT'S just YOUR OWN THOUGHTS and coming from just YOUR OWN thoughts, too!

Yeah - you say all this humble stuff about human beings, how we have limited minds and don't know truth with 100% accuracy..
    AND THEN YOU GO and pull FANTASY SHIT (bible crap) out of your ass and talk as though THAT'S some kind of "absolute truth"!

But, THAT'S just YOUR OWN THOUGHTS and coming from just YOUR OWN thoughts, too!
    Precisely, since there are over 38,000 versions of Christianity, we all are pretty much talking out our ass.

ad hominem, that's really proving your point!