+ Reply to Thread

science church found guilty of fraud

hopefully the first step of many highlighting this science club
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33490266...s-world_faith/

Re: science church found guilty of fraud

I'm not sure if english is your first language, but I've never heard scientology referred to as science. It's about as far from science as you can get.

But yes, the more that is done to make this group transparent the better. Their ridiculous doctrines have led to the deaths of more than one person.

Thank Kazza,
    It is my understanding that the fake scientology group were founded on a science fiction writers interpretations and explainations; and he used science as the basis of his new flase science club group.
    I enjoy science and hate to see it misused by either supposed scientist or false religious groups dressed up as science guru's.
    That is why I put it in this forum.
    I suppose it could have just as easily been in the religion or politics forums.

English is not my first language but hopefully with practice on sites such as here I am getting better at writing and inflection.

Quote Originally Posted by consolidation View Post
    Thank Kazza,
    It is my understanding that the fake scientology group were founded on a science fiction writers interpretations and explainations; and he used science as the basis of his new flase science club group.
    I enjoy science and hate to see it misused by either supposed scientist or false religious groups dressed up as science guru's.
    That is why I put it in this forum.
    I suppose it could have just as easily been in the religion or politics forums.

English is not my first language but hopefully with practice on sites such as here I am getting better at writing and inflection.
    Yep, it was based on a science fiction writers work. As far as I know, though, it wasn't based on any actual science. In fact, from what I've read, I doubt he believed in any of it himself.

Some of the things they do is just so blatantly anti-science it's ridiculous, like those brain-wave scanners they use, which they also used to prove that fruit is "alive" and can feel pain when you eat it. And then there's all that rubbish about Alien civilizations and spaceships and... frick. I'm going to stop before I get angry.

Damn, if only something like this would happen here!

Scientology is about as stupid an organization as they come. Yes, there have been deaths by these cons. They shouldn't be classified as a religion. They should be classified as a street gang.