+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CERT Group Inc

CERT Group Inc

http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=home

Recently I was emailed by Cert Group Inc who says they viewed my resume online at Career Builders.

They claim to process money for their clients through you(me) and my banking account. Basically they deposit money into my account and then I must wire transfer it to wherever they need it to go.

My question is if anyone knows if they are legit?? Tried looking up their website on google but cant find it. The only way I can see their company is through a link they provided.

Any info would be appreciated!

Re: CERT Group Inc

Heya

Welcome to Scam.com

Afraid to report it is a scam. Common variant on the check cashing scams but this one using money wiring instead. The money they send you is fake and will be cancelled. The money you wire on gets duly stolen and your left out of pocket. I would hazard a guess they will choose for you to forward money on using either Western Union or MoneyGram, or some fake escrow service.

It is a common scam, and getting CVs from the Internet is a popular recruitment method.

A little evidence for you - on the main website it says the company was founded in 1990 in New York, but the WHOIS info on the website show it was regsitered on the 31st July 2009, and the host is in China. Strange? Well no, because its a scam ;)

http://whois.domaintools.com/cert-group.cc

Also read the first statement on the homepage - "The company was set up in 1990 in New York, the USA by three enthusiasts who have financial education." Sound like somone from America wrote that? LOL

PS could you do me a favor and copy the email they sent you on here? Id like to add this one to my site. tar. iv pm'd you a link where you can get more info on these scams.
    Last edited by mumei101; 10-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks for the information! Here is the email I received:

My name is Jennifer Cain and I represent CERT Group Inc. This letter confirms that your resume has been carefully processed and you meet our basic requirements for the Financial Manager vacancy.

Our company is based in the USA and has its headquaters all across the world. We offer financial services like escrow for buyers and sellers (online auctions around the globe, offered both at closed commercial auctions (stock sales, business sales etc.) and at ebay.com, amazon.com, yahoo.com.)

Financial Agent position is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. Working from your home for 2 to 3 hours a day is enough for this position! All we need is your time!

There are no fees of any kind to start and continue working with us. We provide a one month paid training period. During your training you receive online training and support. A personal supervisor guides your training. At the end of the training your personal supervisor makes the final decision whether to extend a permanent offer to you. Your training is critical to your success, please take it seriously.

Starting salary is $2,300 per month + 8% commission from each successfully completed transaction. Total income could amount to about $4,500 per month.

If you are interested please contact us by e-mail: [email protected]
    and feel free to ask any questions that you might have!

* fill in the form below with your updated contact information and attach to your message

++++++++++++++++++++++++FORM++++++++++++++++++++++ +++
    First name:_____________________________
    Last name:_________________________
    Country of residence:_______________________
    Contact phone:_______________
    Preferred call time:______________

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms your resume has been duly processed and your skills meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy.

Yours truly,
    Jennifer Cain
    CERT Group Inc.

Hi there, they sent me the same email at first. It really sounds too good to be true, so I asked for more information, and they sent me another email that says:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer and interest in a part-time position with CERT Group Inc

In the future please e-mail me at [email protected]

The main strategic aim of our company is to dominate in the corporate
    market of internet trading by means of providing internet users with universal
    and versatile financial instrument of payment for goods and services available
    for sale in the web. The goal of our company is to ensure both the most
    reliable security level and simplicity of use and availability.

We are happy to offer you the Financial Manager position.

Here are the job Requirements:
    - 18 years of age or older;
    - internet access to promptly reply to emails;
    - availability by phone (1-2 hours a day);
    - a bank account to process payments
    We welcome competent and reliable approach to work, responsibility and initiative
    in search of the most efficient ways of job implementation.

Each Independent Manager is provided with employment benefits after successful
    probationary period (30 days). The employment benefits include:

- Stock options;
    - 401k;
    - Flex-Time;
    - Health & Dental;
    - Professional development programs

You will find detailed description of the job following the link:

http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_98

We strongly recommend to read our FAQ:

http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_19

Details about our company you can find here:

About CERT Group Inc : http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_1
    President's word: http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_3
    Management Team: http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_4

Some important facts:

1. You don't need to invest your own money to get started;

2. This is not a sales position. While employed with us, you are guaranteed a Base Salary as well as commission per task processed;

3. Each remittance will be accompanied by an invoice ensuring transaction legality.

If you are interested in the offered vacancy or have any questions please
    contact us at [email protected]

We appreciate your time and sincerely hope to see you in CERT Group Inc team!

Best Regards,

Jennifer Cain
    CERT Group Inc
    [email protected]
    Phone: 1-315-876-9846
    Fax: 1-315-679-4976

So I review the webpages and I noticed that it was not good, first because they ask you for your active bank account, another thing is that you can not open a new account because it needs to be at least 90 days old. Also when I did my research i found NO information about CERT group, and if that was not enough they sent me another email this morning....

You are one of two candidates who is eligible for the remaining two positions.
    We have reviewed your resume and if you are interested we would like to extend
    this vacancy to you.

Just to refresh your memory here are the links with the full job description:
    http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_98
    http://www.cert-group.cc/e/index.php?page=r_19

Please let me know your decision within 2 business days for me to send you the
    required application forms for this position.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Jennifer Cain
    CERT Group Inc

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by showtyme5t View Post
    Thanks for the information! Here is the email I received:

My name is Jennifer Cain and I represent CERT Group Inc. This letter confirms that your resume has been carefully processed and you meet our basic requirements for the Financial Manager vacancy.

Our company is based in the USA and has its headquaters all across the world. We offer financial services like escrow for buyers and sellers (online auctions around the globe, offered both at closed commercial auctions (stock sales, business sales etc.) and at ebay.com, amazon.com, yahoo.com.)

Financial Agent position is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. Working from your home for 2 to 3 hours a day is enough for this position! All we need is your time!

There are no fees of any kind to start and continue working with us. We provide a one month paid training period. During your training you receive online training and support. A personal supervisor guides your training. At the end of the training your personal supervisor makes the final decision whether to extend a permanent offer to you. Your training is critical to your success, please take it seriously.

Starting salary is $2,300 per month + 8% commission from each successfully completed transaction. Total income could amount to about $4,500 per month.

If you are interested please contact us by e-mail: [email protected]
    and feel free to ask any questions that you might have!

* fill in the form below with your updated contact information and attach to your message

First name:_____________________________
    Last name:_________________________
    Country of residence:_______________________
    Contact phone:_______________
    Preferred call time:______________

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms your resume has been duly processed and your skills meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy.

Yours truly,
    Jennifer Cain
    CERT Group Inc.

Thanks for the email Ill add it to my site. Hopefully this scam won't take too many people in.

I agree, 100% scam. You will probably get tons of similiar 'job' offers. I get them all the time and my resume is not listed online.

Any job that asks you to:

Print, send or cash checks/money orders is a scam.
    Open a bank account.
    Send money via Western Union/moneygram.
    Process money through your bank account.
    Receive packages and re-ship them somewhere else.
    Charge 'extra' money to someone's credit card and forward the excess cash to someone else.

Is always a scam.

When in doubt, ask here, there, anywhere. Post the email 'scripts', the company name, the scammer's name and the email address. Google everything and good luck.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Another way these payment processing scams work is they have you process payments from spam e-mails or other fake websites. The customer sends money to you and you then send the money to the scammers. When no product arrives the customer, now victim, contacts the legal authorities and gives them your information as the one that received payment.

And, if they happen to have your banking information they may even empty out your bank account after a few days or weeks.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin