+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLM: A Word On Our Industry

Thanks for the replys.

For what it is worth I think Avon is a good company from what I have seen they spend time selling the product.

It also seems it might be a mistake to generalize to much.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzaa
    Thanks for the replys.

For what it is worth I think Avon is a good company from what I have seen they spend time selling the product.

It also seems it might be a mistake to generalize to much.

Wazzaa,

Not a problem buddy! That's what we all come here for---to ask questions and get feedback. Good questions!
    FYL's response to ACNs revenue their 5th year in business:

Originally Posted by freeyourlife
    ACN did in the 100's of millions.

ddilligence Guest

Dear PowerOfCards,
    I just love the way you write! You are so thorough. You basically hit on what I had most intended from the new thread i created on 4/30/06. I unfortunately mis-used the word "binary" and then did not get the response I was looking for. I would love your opinion on YTB. You can email me privately if you want for I feel very torn about becoming a rep for their company. They have a $399.00 fee to join and your point is very well taken concerning that. But i also know that they sell ALOT of travel in addition to the upfront fees they charge. The thing that I like is the bonuses you get as a result of the up front fee charge. The thing I don't like is the fact that they charge such a handsome fee!! SO IT'S A CATCH 22 SITUATION FOR ME! I do know that they are a publically traded company and have won many awards for selling travel on major cruise lines! So any thoughts you could send my way would be very appreciated!!
    Thank you,
    DD :confused:

ddilligence Guest

As an added note: i forgot to say that YTB offers you a hidden offer where you don't have to pay ANYTHING in order to be an affiliate with them. The only thing is you don't get the benefits of becoming a Travel Agent Rep!!
    www.YTB.NET

There's been some great stuff on this thread and that's always refreshing to see. One of the big problems that seems to hurt this industry overall is the tendency of so many in it to over-promise and under-deliver, especially when it comes to potential income. The hype at times is completely outrageous and the failure rate is staggering as a result. Does that mean that I'm anti-MLM? Not at all - I just want to see companies act responsibly and hold their distributors to the line as well. I believe that the business model is a valid one though I'll be the first to admit that getting others to see it that way is not always easy. Hard-hitting hyped-up pitches to anyone who can fog a mirror have been far too common for far too long. For every good distributor out there in any given company, there's probably 80 or 90 really awful ones who never seem to understand why everyone leaves the room when they walk in. Have you been there? Know a few like that? LOL! Don't we all?

I've been in my current company for a little over a year and I've seen up cycles as well as down, both for myself as well as for those on my team, but what seems to be true across the board is that the best results have come from being consistent in pursuing whatever goals are set. People talk a lot about how important it is to have strong upline support - I tend to regard that as great if it's there, but at the end of the day, your strongest motivation to work your business has to come from within you. When you're looking at a company that you might join, take the time to scope it out thoroughly - read the policies completely and make sure that you know what it will really take to make a profit. Be brutally honest with yourself - can you do whatever it is that the comp plan requires? Can you talk honestly to others about the product's benefits without resorting to hype? When you've got a product that you can really feel good about - not just from how it works but also from the standpoint of its pricing to the public, then it's a lot easier to work your business effectively. At the end of the day, it's your own belief in yourself and your products that will gain customers.

-Mary

Mary that was a GREAT post... I agree 100%
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

There are a lot of illegal pyramid schemes that claim to be MLM but they are really a pyramid. And I think that is why people confuse the two things. And what is worse is that some pyramid schemes hide behind shame products and services, or more often overpriced products and services that you would never buy if there was no income opportunity.

The truth is, a multi-level structure is a very good structure to use, when used as a tool to promote the sale of products and services. Every once and awhile I come across a company that is using MLM in this manner. All too many of them are all about recruiting new business representatives.

If the product or service being sold would not be sellable without the income opportunity, then the ONLY people who would be interested in it would be people getting into the business. This is a red flag right there.

If the product or service is marketable even if there was no income opportunity, then you are able to sell to the general market and new potential business owners. That's a much better one to join because you have a much bigger market you can target. Also, by you being successful in selling it to the general public who is not interested in the business opportunitity, others will see how easy it is to sell and want to become a business representative.

Example: I am a computer consultant and I am successful in selling long distance, 800 number and internet service to my customers who are not interested in the business opportunity. My customers buy it because its a good deal. When I approach people to become independent representatives, it will be much easier since I can tell them how happy my customers are with the lower prices and better service they are getting and the residual income I am getting paid every month on all these accounts.

This is much easier to sell to someone than to tell him that I make $300 when he signs up as a recruit because he paid $500, and he needs to recruit someone to pay $500 so he can get $300 too from them. :rolleyes:

In summary, many people assume MLM are scams because many scams claim to be MLM when they are not.