+ Reply to Thread

The Non- Native's HUNGER For TRUE Culture !

http://grantlawrence.blogspot.com/20...om-of-non.html

The Non- Native's HUNGER For TRUE Culture !

Yes Friends,

Anglos co-opting Native Ceremony is all a symptom of their general drift culturally- given that Anglo- Judean Culture can only relate best to Money and Institutions, the average Westerner is STARVING for something Spiritual lacking in their own Disconnected Culture. ( The Mono- Theisms merely perpetuating and enhancing THE SAME disconnection. As Westerners resort TO PLEASURE for Meaning, the Mono- Theisms merely try to suppress that understandable reaction. )

So, the surface effect is that on ' first contact ' with Native Culture, Westerners often see Native Cultures through the distortions of their own disconnected Cultural forms of Money, Institutions, Status, etc.

Whereas, Native Culture reconnects one in TWO DIRECTIONS simultaneously, that fosters and maintains a Balanced Life Way :

1)- Reconnection with one's inherently Indigenous Self, the Natural Person inside each one of us by Nature ( the Tribal Nature we each have been born with but which was quickly suppressed upon our birth's entrance into Western Society );

2)- Reconnection with the World Around outside the self, of course the NATURAL WORLD- Mother Earth, the Ecology. INCLUDING the World of Nature Spirits.

And the Balanced Resultant of those two Forces mentioned above, one's Inner and Outer Worlds, is a proper place and role for each individual in A BALANCED HUMAN SOCIETY ! That Role where we each in our own personal Strengths contribute and give our all to Society expecting NOTHING in return, and where we each in our own personal Weaknesses receive freely our needs from others in Society around us ( and, by the way, JESUS was trying to restore this Way of the Tribe, this societal form I describe, Jesus' intentions for THE CHURCH he founded in Judea, but all that truth was corrupted, then stamped out, lost. Earlier, Buddha had attempted similarly in India- it appears that more of Buddha's intentions took deeper root and survived culturally ).

A friend responding to this discussion has just reminded me of how we ALL OF US HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INDIGENOUS ALL ALONG- all Four Races or Colors of Humans, but our inherent connection to True Self and Nature was suppressed, interrupted.

Now in need of Healing.

Yesterday, I attended a beautiful Four Colors Ceremony where Tlakaelel, Indigenous Elder, ( who performs this Ceremony on his visit tours around the U.S. and Europe ), where he brings together all Four Colors ( the Human Races ), with the Four Flags Colors, Four Directions, Four Fires, All Directions Prayers. And the non- Natives, like me, were then invited TO DANCE WITH the Central and Mexican American Indians who were primarily Conducting.

The Dance is a request for Spirit TO SUPPLY THE NEED HELD IN COMMON TO ALL RACES- in this case, Rain. Of course, Rain Representative of the Fundamentals, but also much much more as Collective Human Needs arise. Peace is just one of those Needs.

But our Human Needs are all held in Common, a profound meeting point of Empathy and Compassion we should ALL be capable of relating to.

Peace is BOTH A PROVIDER AND A RESULT OF THOSE NEEDS. That is how you can know you are on the True Path to Peace. Always. Personal, Community, Global.

PEACE is BALANCE-
    and BALANCE is PEACE.

And both are THE MEDICINE WHEEL.

http://grantlawrence.blogspot.com/20...om-of-non.html

Ahbleza Kevin Ahbleza,
    The Born Observer- The Watcher of Beauty-
    He Who Sees the People's Path to Life

Re: The Non- Native's HUNGER For TRUE Culture !

I'm sorry, I don't understand this dorky pseudo-cultural, degraded language that you're using. Could you repeat that in a more advanced culture's tongue, like, say... NAVAJO?

YOPJ

Re: The Non- Native's HUNGER For TRUE Culture !

Quote Originally Posted by Pissed Off 2 View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand this dorky pseudo-cultural, degraded language that you're using. Could you repeat that in a more advanced culture's tongue, like, say... NAVAJO?

YOPJ
    OUCH....i didn't find it THAT far out myself!? fairly strate forward (or backwards) if ya ask me!? hey..reminds me of a different "back to the future" scenario!? and a meaning to the phrase "natural affection" : :freak3: :spin2: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you