+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leftist Eco-Creeps Hate Hispanics

Comedian, Paul Rodriguez, has championed farmers and Mexican-American farm workers whose farms and incomes have dried up due to Leftist politicians who turned off water that has irrigated California's central valley for decades. Anyone who supports their dangerous, insane policies should be horse whipped, beaten, and shot..:2gunsfiring_v1:

Re: Leftist Eco-Creeps Hate Hispanics

You know not everything is a political issue like you think it is.

Also the rest of us here do not need text in large font to read our eyes are just fine and we don't need books made for grade school students.

http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/11556/
    http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2...-02-27-093.asp
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0418/p02s01-usgn.html

In short your government plot is because of the third year of drought in California.

Does the government control the weather in your world too??

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    You know not everything is a political issue like you think it is.

Also the rest of us here do not need text in large font to read our eyes are just fine and we don't need books made for grade school students.

http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/11556/
    http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2...-02-27-093.asp
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0418/p02s01-usgn.html

In short your government plot is because of the third year of drought in California.

Does the government control the weather in your world too??
    You obviously know nothing about the issue. The water was turned off due to "fears" that little fishies would get squished in the pumps. You guys just hate Mexican-Americans. Admit it.
    As far as the large type goes, I can't see small type because of my poor vision.
    Last edited by phlipper; 10-12-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Wow, that's a stretch if I've ever seen one. No one here hates Mexcian-Americans. If anyone does it's apparently that invisible sky dude who controls the weather. The potential problems resulting from uncontrolled use of water in California is much bigger than you apparently realize. This isn't as simple as "fish or families". This connection that you're trying to make is about as dubious as the rise and fall of global temperatures being related to the number of pirates sailing the seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! View Post
    Wow, that's a stretch if I've ever seen one. No one here hates Mexcian-Americans. If anyone does it's apparently that invisible sky dude who controls the weather. The potential problems resulting from uncontrolled use of water in California is much bigger than you apparently realize. This isn't as simple as "fish or families". This connection that you're trying to make is about as dubious as the rise and fall of global temperatures being related to the number of pirates sailing the seas.
    Are you a Marxist, too?

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    Are you a Marxist, too?
    Nice dodge! If you can keep that up you won't have to respond to anything!

You obviously know nothing about the issue. The water was turned off due to "fears" that little fishies would get squished in the pumps. You guys just hate Mexican-Americans. Admit it.
    As far as the large type goes, I can't see small type because of my poor vision.
    I apoligize for the text comment but to anyone else it appears that your Yelling, any text of that size and font in normal text conversation is a yell. however i'll take that into account next time

With respect by your admission that you can't see small type is it possible that perhaps you missed the larger story lets say. A state wide drought that makes it hard to grow plants in a natural desert??

There are perhaps smaller areas with specific envirmental concerns but those small fish are not a state matter compared to the drought.

Also, If you remove and entire section out of an ecosystem. Let say fish. You kill the entire system. To you that may not be imporant but I don't like drinking or using, blighted, infected, algea filled water that will cover the entire area kill crops plants, and wipe out the drinking water.

90% of all environmental rules are to protect the population long term. I know, I have to deal with them all the time and work with them.

If there is a greater issue you could perhapse show us with more than a news clip from "fox news" (one of the more dubious sources for news). Or perhaps explain it with more than a couple of sentences, and random insults and character assignation.

After all if you can't discuss your point in a rational manner that it's the same as saying that your point is irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    After all if you can't discuss your point in a rational manner that it's the same as saying that your point is irrational.
    The drought had nothing to do with turning off the pumps. It was the concerns of the Delta Smelt over the livelihoods of Mexican-Americans. It just happens that the people behind this action are admitted anarchists and Marxists. On a humorous note, they claim to be environmentalists.
    Last edited by phlipper; 10-12-2009 at 11:28 PM.

You do realize that an Anarchist is and Marxist are completely mutually exclusive ideas don't you????

And do you have any evidence about this besides a single fox news youtube posting that FAILS COMPLETELY TO MENTION A MASSIVE DROUGHT. in the area for the past 3 years. I think the drought at least deserved a mention when water has been cut back to 15% because of it.
    Last edited by Spector567; 10-13-2009 at 04:02 AM.

Here's an over-simplified analogy for what's going on here. There is a massive food shortage and the government officials have a strict rationing policy on bread. There are two choices: 1. continue with the rationing so people at least get some food every day, or 2. open the granaries so people are well fed today, but then they'll be hungry again tomorrow and now the grainaries are empty.

What you're essentially doing is choosing choice 2, and the potential concequences for this very real water issue goes beyond that, far beyond the livelihood of delta smelt. As stated earlier, this is more than just "fish vs families". If you screw the fish, they're going to take you down with them.
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 10-13-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Here's an over-simplified analogy for what's going on here. There is a massive food shortage and the government officials have a strict rationing policy on bread. There are two choices: 1. continue with the rationing so people at least get some food every day, or 2. open the granaries so people are well fed today, but then they'll be hungry again tomorrow and now the grainaries are empty.

What you're essentially doing is choosing choice 2, and the potential concequences for this very real water issue goes beyond that, far beyond the livelihood of delta smelt. As stated earlier, this is more than just "fish vs families". If you screw the fish, they're going to take you down with them.
    Not the same thing. The pumps were cut off without debate or fanfare. Equitable solutions were not sought. Time for the so called Delta Smelt was not of the essence. Fish were given special treatment, familys, not.

Prove it.

Because as far as all the information avalible from every other source that we have found it is. You are using Fox "news" as your only source and one of the worse sources around. This looks to be yet another example of twisting a story. Your thread title states most of your motive and method. The only question is how far was the story twisted because the fact that the 3 year long drought was never mentioned alluded to, or considered would suggest that it was purposly left out.

enless of course you can find another news article.

Fish were given special treatment, familys, not
    Once again: if you screw the fish, they're giong to take you down with them.

http://www.planetizen.com/node/34413
    http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/...ish-vs-people/
    http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...814128,00.html
    http://americandaily.com/index.php/article/2239

A well I decided to look things up from articles that actually mention a drought and the entire situation.

For instance that the entire area was built in a desert not a few years ago or a life long farm but less than a decade. The hired workers may be life long farmers but most of the farms are corporate farms growing cash crops not food. Like grapes something that requires a tonn of water. The government didnít make them build in a desert.

Next, the fish used to be the most populous fish in the area but farming practices has it dwindling down to nothing and on the endangered list. The water levels are so low in the delta that itís not a matter of a ďfewĒ fish dieing but rather draining the area dry (or drier) so that all the fish die. Draining the water further would also affect prime salmon habitat. There is a limit to how much you can dry a river basin over a 3 year period.

The fish species in question has been around for a thousand years, farmers starting growing cotton, and wine (high water requiring crops) in the desert brings to extinction. Iím sorry but after reading up some more on it, Iím siding with the fish not the cotton and wine growers.

In short the entire area is bad. The drought is blamed as a result of climate change, causing severely reduced rainfall and depletion of the snow back from the mountains (takes rain to make snow).Terriforming the desert has consequences and risk. Don't get me wrong I feel for the people but at some point you have to stop at luciforming the entire area to make a buck.

In short as one article put it. The issue is Fish vs. Wine and Cotton not fish vs. People
    Last edited by Spector567; 10-13-2009 at 05:06 PM.

Once again: if you screw the fish, they're giong to take you down with them.

We're not talkin' Tuna, here.

We're not talkin' Tuna, here.
    Akshully, since your replies are canned and there's sumthin' fishy 'bout them...