+ Reply to Thread

BBC - What happened to global warming?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise, so too might that fact that the warmest year recorded globally was not in 2008 or 2007, but in 1998.

But it is true. For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures.

The Sky Is Falling (fable)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

Re: BBC - What happened to global warming?

See, also,
    "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."
    (and other sorted tales)

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...fb39f80bc.html

In what organizers said was a rarity, Gore took half a dozen questions from journalists, including one from Phelim McAleer, an Irish filmmaker who asked Gore to address nine errors in his film identified by a British court in 2007.

Gore responded that the court ruling supported the showing of his film in British schools. When McAleer tried to debate further, his microphone was cut off by the moderators.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=121621

Already been posted, Responses include that the second half the article disagrees with your statement

Regardless if your statement is true or false we are experiencing the effect of global warming and that is the reality.:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Regardless if your statement is true or false we are experiencing the effect of global warming and that is the reality.:rasta:
    Who do you mean by "we"?? I am not experiencing the effects of Global Warming other than the current record cold climate we are all experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    Who do you mean by "we"?? I am not experiencing the effects of Global Warming other than the current record cold climate we are all experiencing.
    He was using the Royal "We".

Not realizing that you, junior, are The Emperor Of Byzantium.

I am sure he will apologize for his lese majeste: please do not have him beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by phlipper View Post
    We are all experiencing?

For 's sake. You Americans are just completely incapable of understanding that you make up a very small part of the world.

Just because your county, or your state, or even your country is cold right now, it doesn't mean that the rest of the world is.

Hey, get this! When it's winter in America, it's summer in Australia! Wow! Amazing! Bet ya didn't know that there are people in the world who aren't experiencing exactly the same weather that you are right now, did ya?

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Not all Americans...or even a majority...it's just the brain-dead morons like Phlipper. As a matter of fact, most Americans understand that Global Warming is happening and that humans have contributed to this effect.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    We are all experiencing?

For 's sake. You Americans are just completely incapable of understanding that you make up a very small part of the world.

Just because your county, or your state, or even your country is cold right now, it doesn't mean that the rest of the world is.

Hey, get this! When it's winter in America, it's summer in Australia! Wow! Amazing! Bet ya didn't know that there are people in the world who aren't experiencing exactly the same weather that you are right now, did ya?
    Gee, kazza. I didn't think you would all get excited about one of my remarks. We're talking climate change here. Average global temperatures have been lower for last several years. On this, there is consensus. Also, most of us are aware of your backward seasons. On a related note, while a sink drains "down under", does the water swirl counter-clockwise? Just askin'.
    Last edited by phlipper; 10-18-2009 at 06:27 AM.