+ Reply to Thread

Let Me Be The First To Say....

I Told You So!
    There is no global warming.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8299079.stm
    From the BBC:
    "For the last 11 years we have not observed any increase in global temperatures."
    "Climate change sceptics, including phlipper, who passionately and consistently argue that man's influence on our climate is overstated, say they saw it coming."
    Read the article. Climate "sceptics" have been right, all along.

Re: Let Me Be The First To Say....

Pity you didn't read the whole article.
    Both sides have very different forecasts. The Met Office says that warming is set to resume quickly and strongly. It predicts that from 2010 to 2015 at least half the years will be hotter than the current hottest year on record (1998).
    Sceptics disagree. They insist it is unlikely that temperatures will reach the dizzy heights of 1998 until 2030 at the earliest. It is possible, they say, that because of ocean and solar cycles a period of global cooling is more likely.
    One thing is for sure. It seems the debate about what is causing global warming is far from over. Indeed some would say it is hotting up.
    One milquetoast op-ed seems a thin reason to declare victory and retire from the field.

This summer was the hottest in Spain for more than 40 years.Temperatures reached 54 degrees in some parts.It was followed by the infamous Gotafria(the cold rain) last weekend,which saw 120 litres of rain per metre of ground,fall in six hours sweeping away cars and people.
    Global warming? Nahhh..
    www.scam.com
    The Raymond st Clair/Gary Martin Beaver Saga.

This article after you read it. Does not deny that the oceans are heating up at all. It just suggests a natural source.

In short global warming deniers need to make up there minds.

One minuet there denying the earth is getting warmer at all. because a particular location is experiencing lower temperatures (something predicted by global warming)

The next they are trying to show that the temperature Increase that wasn't happening before at all is not related to Co2, methan and reflectivity but related to the solar cycles of the sun.

These TWO ideas are mutual exclusive. You can't support them both.

Only the idea that the oceans warming up are part of some natural process is even supported by a signficant portion of the scientific field.

Global warming is happening according to the vast consensus of the scientific body. Right now they are just discussing the how and why.

Something that is largely not relivant.

Oil is running out, the air is getting more toxic, people are dieing from pollution all over the globe.

Even if you don't believe the Cause the effects of the solution are nothing but positive. The effects of ignoring it are only positive for the very short-term and negative in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    These TWO ideas are mutual exclusive. You can't support them both.
    I happen to agree with you on that.
    The fools say: The Earth is experiencing record warm temperatures. It's because of Global Warming.
    The fools say: The Earth is experiencing record cold temperatures. It's because of Global Warming.

I just don't understand how all this Co2 "poison" gets into the upper atmosphere; I was taught Co2 lingered & that it is heaveir than air!

BTW I don't believe that Co2 is poison but is what we and everything else on earth are fundamentaly made of. So I believe More Co2 = More Life. The world has been much hotter in the past and supported more life. Personally I believe Big Business is capitalising on Global Warming - it is a multi-billion dollar industry growing exponesionally and I don't see how purchasing energy saving lightbulbs in exchange for Airmiles is going to make a blind bit of difference to anything other than my bank balance.

Quote Originally Posted by sideofthesun View Post
    I just don't understand how all this Co2 "poison" gets into the upper atmosphere; I was taught Co2 lingered & that it is heaveir than air!
    That only works in (some) liquids, not in gasses. Once mixed, gasses will not separate according to density.

BTW I don't believe that Co2 is poison but is what we and everything else on earth are fundamentaly made of. So I believe More Co2 = More Life. The world has been much hotter in the past and supported more life. Personally I believe Big Business is capitalising on Global Warming - it is a multi-billion dollar industry growing exponesionally and I don't see how purchasing energy saving lightbulbs in exchange for Airmiles is going to make a blind bit of difference to anything other than my bank balance.
    Lol. Yep, it's the multi-billion dollar industries that are behind global warming. That's why they're all spending millions on creating fake think-tanks and bribing scientists to spread lies about how global warming is real and we need to do something about it.

Oh, wait.....

I wont go too deep into this ridiculous post but you do realise that Co2 is expelled from your lungs because it is a noxious waste gas dont you?

more co2 = more life, you were kidding right?

I'd like to thankyou for posting sideofthesun. You have managed to sum up the entire anti movement only without insane insults. Thankyou.

However, Please understand that your post is also a prime example of someone who has no basis knowledge or understanding of science or the advanced economic interplays. Iím not calling you stupid, Iím saying that youíre like a hockey fan who has never watched hockey before. You may think itís that simple but itís not.

However, Iím betting your someone who wants to learn things. At least Iím hoping you are because there are many hear who are more interested in randomly posting there own point of view. (youíll notice that people who understand global warming generally do not create loud threads).

I believe your actually thinking of Carbon Monoxide not Dioxide.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning
    It is often produced in the same process. Afterall If you watch any roadway doesnít the exhaust rise out of the engen or disperse and not float like a mist along the ground?

BTW I don't believe that Co2 is poison but is what we and everything else on earth are fundamentaly made of. So I believe More Co2 = More Life. The world has been much hotter in the past and supported more life.
    You should look up more about Co2 however, or sit behind your car for a bit and see how it makes your body feel (donít actually try it) for the global warming debate itís not that Co2 is poisonous itís how it absorbs heat from the sun.

Ozone on the ground is a biolical destroyer however, in the upper atmosphere it protects us from cosmic rays.

Personally I believe Big Business is capitalising on Global Warming - it is a multi-billion dollar industry growing exponesionally and I don't see how purchasing energy saving lightbulbs in exchange for Airmiles is going to make a blind bit of difference to anything other than my bank balance.
    Thatís because you personally as a single person do not make a difference. However, if everyone used 80% less energy that means that 80% less is needed to produce the energy we need.

In Canada we get tax rebates if we buy environmental technology and can prove that this will decrease our use on the the countries power grid. Why??? you might ask... It's not environmentalism, they just don't want to spend another 2 billion on building another power plant, So tax rebates cost them less in the long run.

Also every little bit that is taken off the grid is more Coal plants that donít have to be usedÖ.. Because, Coal is an inefficant energy source. However, due to the huge demand formally, mothballed coal plants are being brought back online to help with demand. Make the demand smaller and we go back to more efficient energy sources.

As to this being a business. Itís capitalism, Enviromentalism has created a demand and companies have picked it up. Itís good business on there part. However, ask yourself this.

What is more likely.

Non-existent environmental industries creating a billion dollar conspiracy among the all the world scientists.

Or Current and Existing Multi-billion dollar industries pay a few people to confuse the issue.

Just think back to smoaking. The tobacco companies new for years. So they spent millions trying to confuse the issue to attempt to fool the people. We now know smoaking causes cancer.

I'd like to thankyou for posting. You have managed to sum up the entire anti movement only without insane insults. Thankyou.

Iíve included below a video or Two that may describe global warming better to you.

Last edited by Spector567; 10-17-2009 at 08:02 AM.