+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stormpay Officially Out Of Business

As anticipated one month ago by the Fair Trade Authority in here and in here , StormPay money transmitter license renewal has not been granted, by the Tennesse authorities, as shown at http://www.tennessee.gov/tdfi/compliance/Lic_MT.html. Now Stormpay is officially out of business as a payments processor and, we believe, soon as anything else.

Re: Stormpay Officially Out Of Business

I knew it would happen.

Biryani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FairTradeAuthority1
    As anticipated one month ago by the Fair Trade Authority in here and in here , StormPay money transmitter license renewal has not been granted, by the Tennesse authorities, as shown at http://www.tennessee.gov/tdfi/compliance/Lic_MT.html. Now Stormpay is officially out of business as a payments processor and, we believe, soon as anything else.
    Where's Paypal on that list? I would have thought they had a license in every state and every country.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/pdf/licenses/tennessee.pdf
    Looks like it just expired 2 weeks ago, possibly in process of renewal and not updated yet.

But at least you can see they were licensed for the past year, possibly having to go through a different procedure in Tennessee now after the stormpay/12dp fiasco.

therefan

Holy...!
    I still have some money in there...

Received this email on 5.11.06:

StormClix by StormPay.com

Get Paid Daily From StormPay.com!
    Update - You now have the ability to add your Auction listing to StormClix at the time of listing.

StormPay members,

• Would you like to get paid for viewing advertisements?
    • Would you like to get paid daily?
    • Would you like no cost to get started?
    • Would you like a reputable company managing the program?

If you answered yes, StormClix by StormPay.com is the right place for you!
    StormClix allows all StormPay members to click ads and get paid today. All payments made daily directly to your StormPay account. No tricks and no gimmicks! Log into your StormPay account and click the StormClix link, then "Browse Ads" to get started now.

Advertisers:

• Want quality traffic?
    • Want to set your OWN advertising budget?
    • Want to reach StormPay account holders?
    • Want a low cost but quality advertising solution?

If you answered yes, StormClix is the advertising solution you've been waiting for. StormClix allows you to set your own advertising budget from as low as $1.00. You choose what you want to spend and how many you want to view your ad. You can even choose to only show your advertisement to NetIBA certified members if you wish! Now you can get low cost, high quality, targeted unique clicks to your product or service. Get results today! To get started, log into your StormPay account and click the StormClix link found on the top menu bar. Next, click "Manage Ads" to start advertising, or, click "Browse Ads" to begin earning money.

**Address Removed**
    They are not out of business.

Biryani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PissClam
    Received this email on 5.11.06:

They are not out of business.
    Well they should be!!

"• Would you like a reputable company managing the program?"

Isn't that the funniest thing you've seen all year????

Yes we would like a reputable company managing the program Steve & John. do you know of one??

PISSCLAM, they are out of business as a payment processor, yes: they are out of business. They are not a payment processor anymore, you like it or not.

As per the stormclix and auction stuff, well...people sometimes recycle themselves...i just wonder how long they can live on the past...i don't think much long and if you want to know it, i firmly believe that what they are trying to do is to capitalize on the residual traffic for selling their domain and website at some point.

I might be wrong about this, but as a payment processor there are no doubts: they are out of business!

Quote Originally Posted by FairTradeAuthority1
    PISSCLAM, they are out of business as a payment processor, yes: they are out of business. They are not a payment processor anymore, you like it or not.

As per the stormclix and auction stuff, well...people sometimes recycle themselves...i just wonder how long they can live on the past...i don't think much long and if you want to know it, i firmly believe that what they are trying to do is to capitalize on the residual traffic for selling their domain and website at some point.

I might be wrong about this, but as a payment processor there are no doubts: they are out of business!
    GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!! You are not as bright as you may think
    :confused:

Just saw this thread...

We have a StormPay account set up, through our horse rescue website, to sell fundraising merchandise. The account is set up to accept credit cards. After reading this thread I decided to follow my links... purchase a ball-cap for example... everything functioned as I expected it to.

If StormPay is no longer processing payments then how could my test produce positive results? Any info would be very helpful.

In addition...
    I just retrieved this from the StormPay web site...
    Rumors Put to Rest.
    05-Feb-2006 08:38
    Recently StormPay.com closed the accounts of what appear to be some major ponzi schemes. These account closures came as the early results of investigations into those businesses by outside investigational organizations as well as our own internal investigations.

As a result, possible victims of these businesses are attempting to retaliate against StormPay.com by spreading false rumors and performing DDOS attacks against StormPay's servers. The rumors include such things as "StormPay.com has gone out of business", "Their building has been burned down", and other falsehoods. The DDOS attacks are "Denial of Service" attacks where massive amounts of traffic is sent to the website whereby disallowing legitimate web traffic to reach the website. These attacks only prevent legitimate traffic from reaching the website and pose absolutely no threat to the security of your StormPay account.

StormPay will CONTINUE to cooperate with authoritative investigations into these businesses which very heavily appear to be nothing more than illegal ponzi or pyramid schemes. Our hopes are to get these investigations completed as early as possible so that victims can quickly be refunded monies that have been captured in those account closures. However, we must warn that those who are impeding the investigation are only slowing the process for everyone involved.

StormPay Inc.
    Now this announcement matches up with my account test results.

Any additional information which would validate the claim of this thread would be most welcome.

Biryani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    In addition...
    I just retrieved this from the StormPay web site...
    Rumors Put to Rest.
    05-Feb-2006 08:38
    Recently StormPay.com closed the accounts of what appear to be some major ponzi schemes. These account closures came as the early results of investigations into those businesses by outside investigational organizations as well as our own internal investigations.

As a result, possible victims of these businesses are attempting to retaliate against StormPay.com by spreading false rumors and performing DDOS attacks against StormPay's servers. The rumors include such things as "StormPay.com has gone out of business", "Their building has been burned down", and other falsehoods. The DDOS attacks are "Denial of Service" attacks where massive amounts of traffic is sent to the website whereby disallowing legitimate web traffic to reach the website. These attacks only prevent legitimate traffic from reaching the website and pose absolutely no threat to the security of your StormPay account.

StormPay will CONTINUE to cooperate with authoritative investigations into these businesses which very heavily appear to be nothing more than illegal ponzi or pyramid schemes. Our hopes are to get these investigations completed as early as possible so that victims can quickly be refunded monies that have been captured in those account closures. However, we must warn that those who are impeding the investigation are only slowing the process for everyone involved.

StormPay Inc.
    Now this announcement matches up with my account test results.

Any additional information which would validate the claim of this thread would be most welcome.

This is the email they sent to their members right after they stole money from their members accounts and the members sent support tickets in attempt to recover their stolen money. They have stolen millions of dollars from members worldwide.

They are crooks pure and simple. Anyone that does business with them is kissing goodbye to their money and putting it into the hands of a couple of modern day bankrobbers.

Do a google search on Stormpay and see what you come up with.

Warn people away from them. They are scum, thieves, and should be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Biryani
    This is the email they sent to their members right after they stole money from their members accounts and the members sent support tickets in attempt to recover their stolen money. They have stolen millions of dollars from members worldwide.

They are crooks pure and simple. Anyone that does business with them is kissing goodbye to their money and putting it into the hands of a couple of modern day bankrobbers.

Do a google search on Stormpay and see what you come up with.

Warn people away from them. They are scum, thieves, and should be in jail.

and you're an idiot! you must be a charis worshipper

Hi:

Does anyone have any facts or know anything for certain about the future of the payment processor PayPal? I know this is a StormPay thread but PayPal has been brought up.

Any info will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steven Wagenheim

Biryani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stopscammers
    and you're an idiot! you must be a charis worshipper
    They stole my money and I'm an idiot? Your logic amazes me.

I think the idiot is you stopscammers. Why aren't you living up to your name and doing something about those two scumbags?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWagenheim
    Hi:

Does anyone have any facts or know anything for certain about the future of the payment processor PayPal? I know this is a StormPay thread but PayPal has been brought up.

Any info will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steven Wagenheim
    We have a subscription payment process once per month, from a special account, for our web hosting... we've not had a single problem.