+ Reply to Thread

What will happen in 2012

thank's to all.I find at this recource all that I needhttp://2012earth.net

Re: What will happen in 2012

According to the people that gave us "The Secret" we are in for some deep S**t, and some turbulent times.
    They haven't released the new movie yet, but I am sure that it is going to be spectacular.
    I wrote about this a few months ago, and left some links on the posts.
    I do not have them handy right this minute, but I will get back to you with them when I locate them.
    If you are familiar with "The Secret" and the people behind it, then you will understand my disgust for them.
    They prey upon the naive and gullible for profit.
    Being a marketer myself, I thought that it was great at first , but after more contact with the sources, I began to get a bad taste in my mouth.
    They speak about wisdom and that we create our own universes and have the ability to do anything that we want to with positive thought, because we are gods in the flesh, and then charge for the movie, as though it was being released for the first time.
    I can not wait to find out how much they plan to charge everyone for the final film.
    It makes you wonder if this is the end , why charge at all?
    I mean really, what will you do with the proceeds?
    Some crazy stuff.
    Last edited by gregw2; 10-08-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

With regards to the Mayan calendar/ end of the world crap, nothing at all. It's bollocks from start to finish. People have been saying 'the end of the world is nigh' ever since humans learned to talk. This isn't the first and sure won't be the last.

IIRC, back in the mid-ninties, speculation (amongst idiots) grew that Nostradamus had predicted that Sadaam Hussein was going to destroy the world in 1997. Well, guess what..?

And one word of warning. You might think that the people peddling this BS would be mighty embarrassed when 1st Jan 2013 comes along and they look like the morons they are. No, folks like this have a weird zero-shame factor, and not only will they try and convince you that they meant something completely different all along, they will then start making their predictions for the next 'end of the world is nigh' event. Google Nancy Lieder + Zeta + 2003 to see a classic example of this.
    I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    S. F. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Robot36 View Post
    With regards to the Mayan calendar/ end of the world crap, nothing at all. It's bollocks from start to finish. People have been saying 'the end of the world is nigh' ever since humans learned to talk. This isn't the first and sure won't be the last.

IIRC, back in the mid-ninties, speculation (amongst idiots) grew that Nostradamus had predicted that Sadaam Hussein was going to destroy the world in 1997. Well, guess what..?

And one word of warning. You might think that the people peddling this BS would be mighty embarrassed when 1st Jan 2013 comes along and they look like the morons they are. No, folks like this have a weird zero-shame factor, and not only will they try and convince you that they meant something completely different all along, they will then start making their predictions for the next 'end of the world is nigh' event. Google Nancy Lieder + Zeta + 2003 to see a classic example of this.
    I can not agree with you more.
    Think about it this way. We are alive and we live and we die.
    These scare tactics are only glimmers of hope for poor souls that wish for something more than what they have or what they will meet in the end. It is all dramatics.
    Some, such as the people behind "The Secret" find ways to profit from this. Others suffer disillusionment and hope.
    There are people that are of such feeble minds that can take this so seriously, that it can lead to suicide and murder.
    I say shame on them all that portend this.

Nothing...except we'll find out Elmo killed JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
    Nothing...except we'll find out Elmo killed JFK.
    That's just stupid talk. We all know it was Alf.
    I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    S. F. Roberts

here's the latest very thorough explanation i found today!?

"What is happening to our world is ingression of novelty toward what Whitehead called "concrescence," a tightening gyre. Everything is flowing together. The "autopoetic lapis," the alchemical stone at the end of time, coalesces when everything flows together. When the laws of physics are obviated, the universe disappears, and what is left is the tightly bound plenum, the monad, able to express itself for itself, rather than only able to cast a shadow into physis as its reflection. I come very close here to classical millenarian and apocalyptic thought in my view of the rate at which change is accelerating. From the way the gyre is tightening, I predict that the concrescence will occur soon—around 2012 A.D. It will be the entry of our species into hyperspace, but it will appear to be the end of physical laws accompanied by the release of the mind into the imagination..."

http://eschatopedia.webs.com/

:freak3: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 10-11-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

It's good to know that people are still dropping acid in this modern day and age.

Further to my point above, were you to find the author in 2013 and berate him for the BS he wrote, he would claim there was a slight error in his calculations (" I predict that the concrescence will occur soon—around 2012") and it's really going to happen in 2015. And when 2016 gets here safely enough, he actually meant 2018 - and so on and so on.
    S. F. Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Robot36 View Post
    It's good to know that people are still dropping acid in this modern day and age.

Further to my point above, were you to find the author in 2013 and berate him for the BS he wrote, he would claim there was a slight error in his calculations (" I predict that the concrescence will occur soon—around 2012") and it's really going to happen in 2015. And when 2016 gets here safely enough, he actually meant 2018 - and so on and so on.
    i was reading the site which has a lot of scientific references and ran into that paragraph on a page entitled "universe"!? it caught me a little by surprise. especially the date as you point out!? why is everyone in such a hurry!? maybe then authors are just hip/hype to get there material read!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Latoret View Post
    thank's to all.I find at this recource all that I needhttp://2012earth.net
    I came upon this site. http://www.2012hoax.org/start

I am writing an article about the movie that is being released and some of the predictions, from a very skeptical viewpoint.

I think that it is tragic that so many people are believing this, and when I had to explain to my own daughter that it is total rubbish, it hit home, how widespread this mania is engulfing the planet.

Any reasonable person knows that the 2012 idea is a bunch of garbage!!! Nothing drastic will happen, certainly not any end of the world stuff!