+ Reply to Thread

I want to know if this is a scam

Brick Court Chambers
    7-8 Essex Street
    London WC2R 3LD
    Tel/Fax; 0044-703-0403561
    Email;brickcourt@london.net

Attention Mr.kevin freeman,

Surprisingly, Your name and e-mail address came up in a random draw conducted by our law firm, (BrickCourt Chambers) in London. I am Barrister Edward Blair, the Legal Adviser and counsel to a deceased expatriate contractor who used to work with Zenith Oil and Gas Company in Ghana thereafter shall be referred as my late client.

On the December 26th 2003, my client and his entire family died in a plane crash in cotonou, Benin Republic on their holiday trip in west Africa. You will read more stories about the crash on visiting this website:Www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/ he was a well known philanthropist before he died, he made a Will stating that $1.2m (One Million Two Hundred Thousand USA Dollars Only) should be donated to any Philanthropist of our choice overseas.We have made a random draw where your name and e-mail address was picked as the beneficiary to this Will,but your participation was optional depending on your interest in claming the fund.
    I am particularly interested in securing this money from the Bank,because they have issued a notice instructing us to produce the beneficiary of this Will within short time or else the money will be credited to the Government treasury as per law here.
    It is my utmost desire to execute the Will of our late client in your favor and therefore, you are required to contact me immediately to start the process of you benefiting from the fund. I urge you to contact me immediately for further details bearing in mind that this contact was premeditated and on a free will.

Please note that this contact was basically to inform you and your participation is free and optional,As every finacail constrain and obligations will be taken care off by me,thus you coperation is what is needed.But if you feel satisfied, kindly indicate to me. and contact me with my email address:-edblair06@yahoo.co.uk or call +44703-0403561

Note: judging to the recent event of fraud and lack of trust among people of the world today, i will kindly request and suggest the inclusion of your personal attorney or a local law enforcement agency if you so wish to oversees and monitor the proceedings of the transfer in due course.

This contact have been approved and registered as legitimate by the Scotland Yard Police London.
    ADD: New Scotland yard
    Broadway London SW1H0BG
    Phone:0207230212

Regards,
    Barr. Edward Blair,

Re: I want to know if this is a scam

Absolutely, this is simliar to the old Nigerian money scam. If it's somebody you've never heard of before in another country, rest assured it's a scam. Think about it, how do they know you? Why would they give YOU the money over anyone else? Why are they giving you the money if you don't the person? Anyhow.. best to just not respond and let it die, nobody is going to get rich from some dead foreign dignitary giving all their money to some American Joe.

It's an interesting twist on the old 419 scam.

It's cheeky for them to mention Scotland Yard as approving of the scam. Certainly, it seems a bit more polished than some scams.. but it still bears all the classic hallmarks.

Ignore it. Don't contact them, even if it's just out of curiosity.

I would forward the letter to www.secretservice.gov ; www.ic3.gov ; www.firstgov.gov ; www.internetfraud.usdoj.gov ; www.cybercrime.gov

Eventually the idiots who try to scam, will get the message!

They will get your information and send you conterfiet money orders or cashier checks and tell you to cash them and keep a % and send the rest back to a certain address. If you manage to cash one and the bank or whereever you cash it catches it you will be responsiable to pay back the whole amount. They sent me 10 $1000 conterfiet moneyorders and I went to cash them at the post office and they caught them and told me they were conterfiet. Luckly I did not get any trouble. They also took a check from a major company and change the amount and put my name to it and I just happen to call the bank it was on and found out it was a forgery. BEWARE

This person also send me this bogus documents were he had use white out to put his name.

Brick Court Chambers
    7-8 Essex Street
    London WC2R 3LD

Attention kevin freeman,

This is my Certified Certificate Of British Bar Association to prove to you my Honest and guniuenes of my contact to you. including the Trust Tontract and Business Deeds of this business as indures by the British Company and Allied Act of 1990.
    Also other related document will also made available to you in due time.

Thanks

Barr.Edward Blair

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre.
    Attachments Attachment scanning provided by:

Photos:

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

MEMBERSHIP_CERTIFICATE.jpg(70k) [View]
    Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

Trust_Agreement_Contracts_1.JPG(173k) [View]

Save to Computer
    Save to Yahoo! Photos

Deeds_of_Agreement_Business_2.JPG(199k) [View]

Quote Originally Posted by kfree200466
    Brick Court Chambers
    7-8 Essex Street
    London WC2R 3LD
    He's referring to a REAL legal firm, but the contact details show that he's lying.

Check http://www.brickcourt.co.uk/contactus.asp - although the address is the same, the telephone number doesn't match, and you would expect email to the REAL law firm to go to brickcourt.co.uk, not a freebie web mail account.

Now, UK numbers beginning with a "7" are either mobile phone numbers or some other sort of transportable number. In this case the number is 07030 403561 (+44 7030 403561) which is a personal (and difficult to trace number) from a provider called Totem Communications. So, because it's not a mobile or traditional landline, this number could potentially be anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kfree200466
    Brick Court Chambers
    7-8 Essex Street
    London WC2R 3LD

Attention Mr.kevin freeman,

Surprisingly, Your name and e-mail address came up in a random draw conducted by our law firm, (BrickCourt Chambers) in London. I am Barrister Edward Blair, the Legal Adviser and counsel to a deceased expatriate contractor who used to work with Zenith Oil and Gas Company in Ghana thereafter shall be referred as my late client.

On the December 26th 2003, my client and his entire family died in a plane crash in cotonou, Benin Republic on their holiday trip in west Africa. You will read more stories about the crash on visiting this website:Www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/ he was a well known philanthropist before he died, he made a Will stating that $1.2m (One Million Two Hundred Thousand USA Dollars Only) should be donated to any Philanthropist of our choice overseas.We have made a random draw where your name and e-mail address was picked as the beneficiary to this Will,but your participation was optional depending on your interest in claming the fund.
    I am particularly interested in securing this money from the Bank,because they have issued a notice instructing us to produce the beneficiary of this Will within short time or else the money will be credited to the Government treasury as per law here.
    It is my utmost desire to execute the Will of our late client in your favor and therefore, you are required to contact me immediately to start the process of you benefiting from the fund. I urge you to contact me immediately for further details bearing in mind that this contact was premeditated and on a free will.

Please note that this contact was basically to inform you and your participation is free and optional,As every finacail constrain and obligations will be taken care off by me,thus you coperation is what is needed.But if you feel satisfied, kindly indicate to me. and contact me with my email address:-edblair06@yahoo.co.uk or call +44703-0403561

Note: judging to the recent event of fraud and lack of trust among people of the world today, i will kindly request and suggest the inclusion of your personal attorney or a local law enforcement agency if you so wish to oversees and monitor the proceedings of the transfer in due course.

This contact have been approved and registered as legitimate by the Scotland Yard Police London.
    ADD: New Scotland yard
    Broadway London SW1H0BG
    Phone:0207230212

Regards,
    Barr. Edward Blair,
    forward their address to someone at www.419eater.com, and let them have some a little fun