+ Reply to Thread

La Fitness Employment / Member Scam

I worked for this company and let me sum up why I'm warning you about them. Wh:

Working 70+ hrs per week = $550-$650 bi-weekly

Promised commissions = Never rec'd

Promised overtime hours = Never Rec'd

Promised PROPER HOURLY WAGE = They actually paid $8 per hour

Forced to work MANDATORY HOLIDAYS (ie. Easter Monday, Good Friday, etc.)

Forced to attend meetings that were almost a 1hr drive away during lunch - no compensation

Seeing guests of the facility continuously robbed of their money with lies that 'Head Office Never Recieved Their Letter of Cancellation" (membership & training attain bank AND credit card information so that if they don't get the money from your account, they'll take it from your credit card)

Seeing guests put with trainers with bogus certifications paying $300 per month + membership fee

Honestly, I would highly recommend never joining this gym...when they promise you that the gym 'will be getting a pool' and 'will be expanding' to try and justify the massive amount of money that they're trying to take from your wallet, just know that it's never actually going to happen (I know because we were supposed to say this in our sales pitch). Sure, I get it that sales peole are suppose to work hard for their money but why do you think this company's turn-ovr rate is SO HIGH and they make so much money? It's because all of the hard-working employees work their butts off from the beginning in hopes of actually earning some money and instead this company makes millions and barely pays the people that get it for them.

If you don't believe me, go into an LA fitness and get the names of the sales staff....I promise you that if you go back even one month later most of those people will have figured it out and high-tailed it out of there. Don't get stuck paying thousands of dollars to use a treadmill or get caught working for free. Take it from me, I am a HIGHLY certified personal trainer and aerobics instructor. If you really want to lose weight and change your life, hire an in-home personal trainer who can show you how to work out with barely any equipment and achieve real, long lasting results, not falsely promised heroic changes that will never ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Also, by hiring someone independantly they usually want to doa really good job because it is their name on the line, not the company's.

Sorry for the rant but I just wish someone had warned many of the people that I know who are members there before they signed up AND the fact that the AMAZING JOB OPPORTUNITY is an absolutely ridiculous employment scam.

HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

Re: La Fitness Employment / Member Scam

Hey man!!!!,
    I don't understand how LA Fitness can be a scam?!
    It's a fitness gym for god sake!
    If you are referring to a fitness instructor role, its is a proper employed position. Yeah, it is shitty but you are entitled to all the normal perks such as holiday entitlements.
    If you are referring to the work as a LAPT personal trainer role, you are working as a self employed personal trainer. You are provided with an opportunity to develop the business, so when and how you work is up to you.
    All the new members are offered a free Personal Trainer taster session so whether you can get clients from it is down to your ability as a personal trainer ad how well you work with the membership sales team.
    LAPT provides excellent ongoing training and support for their personal trainers.
    As for membership, whether you join or not it up to YOU! If you joined a gym based on some promise that there will be a swimming pool in the future, the only idiot is you!
    There are loads of other gyms with inferior facility charging higher membership fees, so I don't understand what you are complaining about!
    I don't think you understand what the word 'scam' means!

Quote Originally Posted by newrecruit View Post
    Hey man!!!!,
    I don't understand how LA Fitness can be a scam?!
    It's a fitness gym for god sake!

I don't think you understand what the word 'scam' means!
    Hey, junior
    Are you shilling for LA Fitness?
    Promised commissions = Never rec'd

Promised overtime hours = Never Rec'd

Promised PROPER HOURLY WAGE = They actually paid $8 per hour

Forced to work MANDATORY HOLIDAYS (ie. Easter Monday, Good Friday, etc.)

Forced to attend meetings that were almost a 1hr drive away during lunch - no compensation

Seeing guests of the facility continuously robbed of their money with lies that 'Head Office Never Recieved Their Letter of Cancellation" (membership & training attain bank AND credit card information so that if they don't get the money from your account, they'll take it from your credit card)
    The bolded allegation is sufficient to merit the epithet "scam", while the other allegations are actionable - and in one case, a federal crime.

If you signed a 1 year contract with them then you want to pull out, make sure you mail your correspondence and keep the USPS receipt because they will not cancell the monthly fee even if you change your credit card number. They dont honor contract cancellation.:1crysad: