+ Reply to Thread

work at home scam

I was going through the so called legit work at home sites and I came up with Data Money Online. I read through it and thought it sounded like something I would like so I filled out the Free Trial for 7.95. Well guess what the next day I got charged both the 7.95 plus 197.00. I called the phone number and e-mailed them. So far NO ANSWER. I am contesting the charges at the bank. But I am letting everyone know about this scam. It seems the more I read the more I find out about these guys. DO NOT deal with them.

Thanks Tina Dugger

Re: work at home scam

You should probably cancel that credit/debit card.

Get a new one with a new number.

Because if you don't, those scammers can just keep charging more and more stuff. :nervouss:

Good luck.

What "legit" work at home site told you that this place was legit? I've never seen a legit work at home site that endorses paying for a job.

You should have been suspicious when you saw they didn't use a secure payment system like Paypal or one of the similar payment systems that act as a security measure against fraudsters like this.

I agree, cancel the card, and notify your bank, these guys sound like they intend to take you to the cleaners.

Not all legit businesses use PayPal. Some businesses don't like the fees and some of their policies. Just because you see a PayPal button doesn't mean that it's automatically on the up and up.

There are hundreds of companies that are legit, yet people keep finding these scammy ones. I'm at a loss for words... :rotz:

Crowdsource is legit, but they just recently started charging a fee before you can give the client a quote. They always paid right away though.