+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

What % of mlm Companies Fail.. 99% Be a Safe Bet?

2 quick questions

1. How many mlm companies have been in business for more than 5 years and made an impact on the industry? I would say 10.. 20.. maybe

2. How many mlm companies have failed? 10,000-20,000?

A few members on this site keep saying over and over it is the people that are lazy.. as to the reason as to why they fail.. I say mlm will never work because the math just does not ad up in the long run...

The company itself is setting you up for failure..

How can it not be when 99% of mlm companies fail..

So if 97% of the people in mlm fail and 99% of the companies fail. Is that a business you want to be in?

If you really think you are going to make long term retirement residual income from an industry that 99% of the business fail in... then all I can say is good luck.. Somedays the blind can lead the blind..

What do you guys think?
    Len Who?? Who is this Len character you guys keep talking about?

Re: What % of mlm Companies Fail.. 99% Be a Safe B

Quote Originally Posted by fastmoney View Post
    2 quick questions

1. How many mlm companies have been in business for more than 5 years and made an impact on the industry? I would say 10.. 20.. maybe

2. How many mlm companies have failed? 10,000-20,000?

A few members on this site keep saying over and over it is the people that are lazy.. as to the reason as to why they fail.. I say mlm will never work because the math just does not ad up in the long run...

The company itself is setting you up for failure..

How can it not be when 99% of mlm companies fail..

So if 97% of the people in mlm fail and 99% of the companies fail. Is that a business you want to be in?

If you really think you are going to make long term retirement residual income from an industry that 99% of the business fail in... then all I can say is good luck.. Somedays the blind can lead the blind..

What do you guys think?
    Firstly you need to look at the reason why those companies failed.
    99% is very much on the high side, btw, though the percentage is pretty similar to non-MLM business failures.
    Why do they fail.... is it something to with math?

In reality, many of the reasons will be the same for both. Poor product, product noone wants, poor corporate decisions, etc.
    I've even heard of MLM companies failing because growth was too fast for them and they didnt have the financial backing to keep up with the orders and pay commission cheques on time.

Many reasons, often the same as non-MLM business.

But, its well known that failure rates for MLMs over 5 years old are relatively few. So, its not a bad idea to join only companies that are 5+ years old.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    But, its well known that failure rates for MLMs over 5 years old are relatively few. So, its not a bad idea to join only companies that are 5+ years old.
    You don't get it Chris,

99% of companies fail because the foundation is built on the fact that 97% of their reps will fail...

A few will buck the trend, but most will fail..

Here is a simple question for you Chris..

As a rep in one, how can you even think you will make long term, residual income, if 97% of your downline quits every year?

Explain that to me... even if you put in 100%, work hard, sign up people, have meetings, train you people well, 97% will quit...

How will that ever equal a long term residual income for you??

You don't get it Chris,

99% of companies fail because the foundation is built on the fact that 97% of their reps will fail...

A few will buck the trend, but most will fail..

Here is a simple question for you Chris..

As a rep in one, how can you even think you will make long term, residual income, if 97% of your downline quits every year?

Explain that to me... even if you put in 100%, work hard, sign up people, have meetings, train you people well, 97% will quit...

How will that ever equal a long term residual income for you??
    Before I answer your question, show me where you get the 97% fail figure from.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Why are there so many topics about the same thing? And no one is saying anything new. sos over and over and over....

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceinvt View Post
    Why are there so many topics about the same thing? And no one is saying anything new. sos over and over and over....
    I agree.... they repeat the same old crap over and over again...... what can I do, I can only give the same answers. But I agree, its boring old crap.

Before I answer your question, show me where you get the 97% fail figure from.
    Ok let's go by your number 80% for this question... if 80% of your reps fail every year..how can you ever say you will make a long term residual income?

Ok let's go by your number 80% for this question... if 80% of your reps fail every year..how can you ever say you will make a long term residual income?
    Because, like most businesses, you make your money from the efforts of the 20% that bother to do anything. Remember, the 80/20 rule? Look it up sometime.

Dont worry about the 80%, that was their choice to fail, they had the same opportunity, the same products, the same comp plan as the 20%. They just chose not to do anything with it.

If you're lucky some of them will love the products and become lifelong customers. There are people in Amway who joined in the 60s, but never did anything with the business, but remained as customers to this day.

It's not a RULE Chris - it's a theory. Carry on.

It's not a RULE Chris - it's a theory. Carry on.

I know. But its commonly known as the 80/20 Rule.

I know. But its commonly known as the 80/20 Rule.
    Ok Chris by your own theory, every 2 years you are going to have 100% turnover... How again does that create long term residual income, when every year you have to replace the quitters to keep your income the same?

And Please don't say, people will just buy the product year after year when they are not making money from it... Very, very little percentage do that.. 5% maybe...

Maybe in Avon and may kay I give you that because the ladies are fickle.. But not vitamins or diet cookiesChris,

Just as long as you know the difference between a theory and a rule. I find 70/30 more appropriate in my business.

Ok Chris by your own theory, every 2 years you are going to have 100% turnover... How again does that create long term residual income, when every year you have to replace the quitters to keep your income the same?
    How do you work that out?

And Please don't say, people will just buy the product year after year when they are not making money from it... Very, very little percentage do that.. 5% maybe...

Maybe in Avon and may kay I give you that because the ladies are fickle.. But not vitamins or diet cookiesChris,
    Yes some will carry on buying product after giving up the business, but you dont need many to be doing it. With the plan my company has, an Affiliate and his families orders, plus 4 or 5 customers who arent interested in the business, is more than enough.

Just as long as you know the difference between a theory and a rule. I find 70/30 more appropriate in my business.
    Definitely. And I've no doubt it varies from business to business.

How do you work that out?

Simple 3rd grade Math,, Obviously you cannot figure it out, Maybe they offer a night course you can take...

Also I would still like you to explain how you are going to get long term residual income without working when by your own admission 80-90% of your recruits quit within the first year?
    Last edited by fastmoney; 09-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Fastmoney. what are you even doing here? You obviously have no desire to be in a MLM so why would you care about what ones might be scams.

The answer to your question is simple. Find one who has put the tools into the comp plan to reverse that rate. What if 80% stayed in?? Would that make it a better company for you?
    To your success

Alan Ratliff
    Founding Yoli Distributor
    www.blastcapcraze.com

register for next webinar here.

"He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed."
    - William James