+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Prove God doesn't exist.

There is absolutely no material proof for the existence of God. Since God is an abstraction or, if you will, a spiritual being, we cannot prove that He is real. Even if you have a spiritual experience, such as a vision or a dream, you cannot bottle it or capture it for public display.

The next best question is: Can you proof that God doesn't exist? In order to proof that, you must provide empirical evidence explaining how matter (the universe) and life were created. Lacking an explanation, you have no alternative but to accept the idea of God, the creator of all things.

Evolutionary theory has made attempts at a secular proof, but falls short at the most basic level. Evolutionary theory cannot explain the orgin of things or species. Even the most sophisticated science, cannot duplicate or create a living cell. What really boggles the mind about evolutionary theory is that, while claiming to do so, it has not discovered a single link in the fossil record or any other scientific record or document to explain the means by which a specie, ANY SPECIE (dog, cast, bird, bug, human being), has materially changed form to become another specie. Thus, if decades of evolutionary theory, and the most advanced science the world has ever known cannot explain the origin of all organic and inorganic matter, then maybe, just maybe, GOD did it.

If God did it, where do we go to find Him. Imperfect as the Bible may be, it does make numerous references to God as the creator of all things. If God is real, where else can we go for an explanation?
    Last edited by Cnance; 09-14-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Re: Prove God doesn't exist.

Prove an invisible pink unicorn is not in the corner of the room!

Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Prove an invisible pink unicorn is not in the corner of the room!
    Or that God isn't a giant flying ball of spaghetti with eye stalks and 2 giant meat balls... or that there's no beer volcano and stripper factory in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Lacking an explanation, you have no alternative but to accept the idea of God, the creator all things.
    That is absolutely untrue. God does not get the privilege of being a default answer. When you don't have conclusing proof in any particular direction, the default conclusion is "I don't know". When one specific answer is a default in the face of there being no 100% infallibly true alternative, you easily end up with weird results like the previously mentioned invisible pink unicorn and flying spaghetti monster.

There is absolutely no material proof for the existence of God.
    "The life of the wife is ended by the knife" By George I think he's got it!
    Since God is an abstraction or, if you will, a spiritual being, we cannot proof that He is real.
    Okay. We're drifting away from the TAG argument, good, good.
    Even if you have a spiritual experience, such as a vision or a dream, you cannot bottle it or capture it for public display.
    Okay.

The next best question is: Can you proof that God doesn't exist?
    The short answer is no. Again, it goes back to the prove Lord_jag (all hail Lord_jag) isn't god. God is an abstract concept. If there were no minds in this universe, god wouldn't exist.

In order to proof that, you must provide empirical evidence explaining how matter (the universe) and life were created.
    No you don't have to. This is the "You can't say there is no god, because you don't know everything" argument. You're making the claim there is a god! The burden of proving god is in your court. It's not up to me to prove what I don't believe does not exist.

Lacking an explanation, you have no alternative but to accept the idea of God, the creator of all things.
    Here is where your burden of proof is required. You make the assertion that because I can not prove it does not exist, therefore it must be true is meaningless.

Evolutionary theory has made attempts at a secular proof, but falls short at the most basic level.
    If evolutionary theory fails at secular proof, then what other proofs are you thinking about? Theological proof, transcendent proof? Where does it fall short? Please explain.

Evolutionary theory cannot explain the orgin of things or species.
    The theory of evolution does not explain the origin of species. Evolutionary theory is a model that explains transitions between species over time. You're talking about a-bio-genesis.

Even the most sophisticated science, cannot duplicate or create a living cell.
    You need to put a 'yet' at the end of your sentence.
    Though, even the most fervent prayers has yet to heal a soldier from their demons of post traumatic stress disorders.

What really boggles the mind about evolutionary theory is that, while claiming to do so, it has not discovered a single link in the fossil record or any other scientific record or document to explain the means by which a specie, ANY SPECIE (dog, cast, bird, bug, human being), has materially changed form to become another specie.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...butterfly.html

Here's some light reading. It exceeds your criteria. It's 2 new species from two separate species. Its call hybrid-speciation.

Thus, if decades of evolutionary theory, and the most advanced science the world has ever known cannot explain the origin of all organic and inorganic matter, then maybe, just maybe, GOD did it.
    Evolutionary theory is a model. That's it. It's not an answer for a-bio-genesis. The evolutionary theory is not an explanation of why things change, it is an explanation of how things change. Evolutionary theory is not a guiding force, nor is it a predetermined pointer for species.

Please specify the god being asserted and all proof. Place it in a self addressed stamped envelope with two proofs of purchase and mail it to:

If God did it,
    Then we're all in trouble.
    where do we go to find Him.
    How do you know for sure it's a HE an not a HER. You did say the bible is imperfect!

Imperfect as the Bible may be, it does make numerous references to God as the creator of all things.
    So do the Vedas.
    If God is real, where else can we go for an explanation?
    The nearest science book!

All hail the powerful and majestic Lord_jag. Giver of wisdom, light, air and cupcakes. May his countenance shine upon you, and his garmin be you guidance. For this we humbly ask, in your name Lord _jag, Ramen.

Quote Originally Posted by svcguyhv View Post
    The theory of evolution does not explain the origin of species.
    In before someone points to Darwin's origin of species.

Evolution explains how we get multiple species from an original species, but it doesn't explain where that original life came from. I think that's what you meant here.

There is absolutely no material proof for the existence of God. Since God is an abstraction or, if you will, a spiritual being, we cannot prove that He is real. Even if you have a spiritual experience, such as a vision or a dream, you cannot bottle it or capture it for public display.

The next best question is: Can you proof that God doesn't exist? In order to proof that, you must provide empirical evidence explaining how matter (the universe) and life were created. Lacking an explanation, you have no alternative but to accept the idea of God, the creator of all things.

Evolutionary theory has made attempts at a secular proof, but falls short at the most basic level. Evolutionary theory cannot explain the orgin of things or species. Even the most sophisticated science, cannot duplicate or create a living cell. What really boggles the mind about evolutionary theory is that, while claiming to do so, it has not discovered a single link in the fossil record or any other scientific record or document to explain the means by which a specie, ANY SPECIE (dog, cast, bird, bug, human being), has materially changed form to become another specie. Thus, if decades of evolutionary theory, and the most advanced science the world has ever known cannot explain the origin of all organic and inorganic matter, then maybe, just maybe, GOD did it.

If God did it, where do we go to find Him. Imperfect as the Bible may be, it does make numerous references to God as the creator of all things. If God is real, where else can we go for an explanation?
    I have tried to ask the same question, but they either ignore me or make some very stupid remarks, showing off their willing ignorance.

In before someone points to Darwin's origin of species.

Evolution explains how we get multiple species from an original species, but it doesn't explain where that original life came from. I think that's what you meant here.
    You're correct. I'm half in the bag, but at least you got my point. That damned FSM tempting me with the grog again. Great is grog, grog is great! Raman.

If God is real, where else can we go for an explanation?
    You can bow down before anyone and proclaim them as the incarnation of god.
    If you want to get specific then the bible is not the first book about god. The Bhagavad Gita was written before the bible. It translates as the song of god.
    So if you want to be perfectly obedient then you should be following the Bhagavad Gita instead of the bible, since it precedes the bible.
    This is your logic not mine.
    Personally anything that was or is written by man is not the word of god, just some self righteous, and arrogant man.
    And why does anyone have to disprove a myth? Especially when no one can prove the myth.
    My mud god came before your biblical version, so that makes my mud god more real than your god.
    Prove my mud god does not exist, first.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Quote Originally Posted by gregw2 View Post
    You can bow down before anyone and proclaim them as the incarnation of god.
    If you want to get specific then the bible is not the first book about god. The Bhagavad Gita was written before the bible. It translates as the song of god.
    So if you want to be perfectly obedient then you should be following the Bhagavad Gita instead of the bible, since it precedes the bible.
    This is your logic not mine.
    Personally anything that was or is written by man is not the word of god, just some self righteous, and arrogant man.
    And why does anyone have to disprove a myth? Especially when no one can prove the myth.
    My mud god came before your biblical version, so that makes my mud god more real than your god.
    Prove my mud god does not exist, first.
    I agree, the Bible is not the only written source about God. I guess I am partial to the Bible because of all of those scenes with prophets in the presence of God. They are quite awesome. If you haven't had a religious experience, there's no reason to belief those who claim this or that about God.

Getting back to my question. What proof is there that God doesn't exist. Since we are all secular beings, the prove must be empirical, legitimate by scientific standards and based on some degree of common sense.
    Last edited by Cnance; 09-15-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Getting back to my question. What prove is there that God doesn't exist. Since we are all secular beings, the prove must be empirical, legitimate by scientific standards and based on some degree of common sense.
    Fact that you can not prove that "something does not exist", gives zero credence to the argument "than it does exist".

Getting back to my question. What prove is there that God doesn't exist. Since we are all secular beings, the prove must be empirical, legitimate by scientific standards and based on some degree of common sense.
    You cannot use an empirical method to prove something that, by definition, is not provable by empirical methods.

Use the scientifiic method to prove that there is no invisible pink unicorn following me home from the pub.

Use the scientifiic method to prove that there is no invisible pink unicorn following me home from the pub.
    It can't be done. There was an invisible pink unicorn following you that night.

Quote Originally Posted by sparques View Post
    It can't be done. There was an invisible pink unicorn following you that night.
    Lol. :

LOL

If it can't be done, then what rationale, reason, or logic explains atheism? Believers are always hearing "prove it." Well, turn about is fair play. "Prove it!" If atheism is believing in a secular world, then some kind of material explanation is in order.

LOL

If it can't be done, then what rationale, reason, or logic explains atheism? Believers are always hearing "prove it." Well, turn about is fair play. "Prove it!" If atheism is believing in a secular world, then some kind of material explanation is in order.
    I have never seen a God, I have never seen proof of the God and I do not want to be subjugated to some God.