+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Anyone heard of Global Escrow Services

Today I received in the mail a letter from Global Escrow Services telling me I had won not only 5000GBP which I can have in one lump sum or if I prefer, 4 monthly payments of 1250GBP starting on May 11th. On top of this, I would also receive under different cover, and I quote, "an exquisite designer inspired pendant featuring genuine diamonds and ruby stones set in 14kt layered gold'. All I need to do is fill in there reply form with my bank/card details and send them back with 20GBP. I can't wait, I'm so excited. Aye, right. I did not come down in the last shower of rain. I live in Scotland, UK. This letter comes from Canada. The address is 6A-49,The Donway West,Suite 2090, Toronto, ON, Canada, M3C 2E8.
    I have heard of this sort of scam before, just wonder if anyone else has heard of this.
    All the best.

Re: Anyone heard of Global Escrow Services

I did not come down in the last shower of rain.
    What a lovely phrase :)

I sounds like some manual phishing scam. What sort of banking details where they looking for? PIN numbers? CVV codes? Even with an account number, sort code and signature they can still issue fake cheques.

Would you believe it, I received exactly the same letter today.
    I live in England and I didnt come down in the last shower either. Might talk to Trading Standards tomorrow.

4. 05-19-2006, 12:38 PM

I also received the same letter yesterday. I live in England. They asked me to send 20 pounds to send my prize, or to give my credit card no. to cover the notifacation and processiong cost.
    No phone no. could find on the letter.
    where do I need to report about this?
    sps328

Quote Originally Posted by sps328
    I also received the same letter yesterday. I live in England. They asked me to send 20 pounds to send my prize, or to give my credit card no. to cover the notifacation and processiong cost.
    No phone no. could find on the letter.
    where do I need to report about this?
    sps328
    Fraud such as this should be reported to your local police in the first instance. You might want to look them up on the web first to see if there's a specific person you should contact who deals in this kind of fraud.

I also received my 'lucky' letter yesterday!! My first reaction to these rubbish things is to throw them in the bin, however, this time I thought I would see if I could find out more...

I did a Google search on the address (the building is genuine) and emailed the letting agents on the basis that they might like to check out the tenant..

I had a reply today, neither of the buildings have a suite 2090, so I'm not sure how they would collect all the cash they are expecting!! Next step is the police and Office of Fair Trading I guess.

Would be nice if we could sort this one out.

i also had that letter saying about the 5000gbp and about the genuine diamond and ruby stones bijou jewelry collection i thought it was all genuine i cant believe ive been scammed is it definately a scam

Hello I'm new on here and like you I have received a letter from Global escrow services today. I'm the lucky winner of 5000 and a 14 kt ruby and diamond pendant. I'm in the midlands uk.
    I came accross this site while investigating this company. Glad i did!

I will be contacting trading standards and my brother in law who is a local bobby.

These people should pay for scams like this, there are thousands of people out there whom this promised money would be a god send, and will part with 20.

I'll send them a reply, some dog poo!

Quote Originally Posted by c20letgirl
    Hello I'm new on here and like you I have received a letter from Global escrow services today. I'm the lucky winner of �5000 and a 14 kt ruby and diamond pendant. I'm in the midlands uk.
    I came accross this site while investigating this company. Glad i did!
    Exactly the same thing here too, looking up the company and stumbled across this site, i'm in wales uk.I just can't believe these people can get away with this?

Yep! my mother recieved a letter from "GLOBAL ESCROW SERVICES" today, saying she had a check held in Escrow for 5.000, and for a small sum of 20 it would be hers- (any lottery/ cash type letter that asks you to send them money is a sure sign of a scam!)
    Has anyone tried sending the mail back to the offenders after reporting it? Just wondering whether it made any difference?

Hello, I am new here and also received one of these letters which I then investigated to find that the company does not exist at this address as the building is full of building design and structure companies. I have today sent an email to the UKs WATCHDOG programme so they can make this scam more public as there will no doubt be people who are n't suspicious of this letter at first and no doubt will hand over their card details.
    Regards
    Kx

hi yes i have received a letter from global escrow services. did u reply to them.. i was thinking about. but thought i would do some searching first. did u receive free gift and money.
    tina dorset

Hi All, my mother-in-law has had this one too, I have emailed the Toronto Fraud Squad, no reply as yet. For what it's worth, the address is a UPS store (aka Mailboxes etc.). So it is just a mailbox pick-up store, they probably have an everchanging pick-up routine using any old person to go in and collect and then meeting them in a different location after checking for surveillance. If they don't they'll be easy to catch (maybe I read too many spy stories). :cool:

yes hello everybody unfortunately i am one of the silly ones caught out by this company as i to did recieve one of these letters and sent my details but luckily only have a debit card and no money has been taken out of my account YET! but please can somebody help me and inform me of my next move normally these letters go straight in the bin dont know what made me kkeep this one lety alone trust that it was genuine
    :o :mad:

I received in the mail a letter from Global Escrow Services on 17/06/06 telling me I had won not only 5000GBP which I can have in one lump sum or if I prefer, 4 monthly payments of 1250GBP starting on July 13 th. On top of this, I would also receive under different cover, and I quote, "an exquisite designer inspired pendant featuring genuine diamonds and ruby stones set in 14kt layered gold'. All I need to do is fill in there reply form with my bank/card details and send them back with 20GBP. I couldn't wait so i sent them a cheque of 20GBP which they cashed on 29/06/06
    On 1/07/06 they sent me in the post a pendant which i could not prove if it was genuine diamond and ruby as they claimed, the cheque has not yet arrived. This letter came from Canada. The address is 6A-49,The Donway West,Suite 2090, Toronto, ON, Canada, M3C 2E8. and signed by David Anderson
    what advice can you give me in this sort of scam just wonder if anyone else has heard of this.
    All the best

Re: Anyone heard of Global Claimant services?

These are also sending mails from canada
    They request you to send them a cheque of GBP34.95 for processing
    So beware of the scams.