+ Reply to Thread

LG customer service a scam?

Customer service call I made 3 times and I was appalled. I paid $29.00 for a DVD Super Drive (GH22NS50). Long call, transferred 3 times, last tech rep told me I would have to pay $120.00 for a fast turn around (express service) on the replacement of my $29.00 DVD burner. Appalled! Totally Amazing! I'll never buy an LG product again. LG sponsors numerous clubs and other frivolous things:
    the English football club Leicester City, Weyside Rovers (Guildford), currently sponsors the English football clubs Fulham F.C deals pulled together at that time by the ex-Marketing Director John Bernard, who now works for the competition, Sony Ericsson; LG also sponsor the Fremantle Football Club (an Australian Football League team) , the Australian National Rugby League club Cronulla Sharks and the Argentinian club Boca Juniors, LG sponsored the snooker Grand Prix. During these years the tournament was known as the LG Cup. LG now also sponsors London Fashion Week and the LG Arena in Birmingham.
    In 2008 LG sponsors the Extreme Sport 'FSO4 Freeze' festival, and in 2009 LG became a Global Partner and Technology Partner of Formula One. LG is sponsor of Azerbaijan's most popular intellectual TV Show LG Knowledge Academy.
    I researched LG online and I quote (paraphrased) from wikipedia.com
    Company stock trades on Pink Sheets and London exchange. LG address: Twin Towers, 20 Yeouido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu, 150-721, South Korea.
    I WILL NEVER BUY AN LG PRODUCT AGAIN! LG should sponsor Customer Service and Tech support. How about ******* thier own products? It seems like LG is more fun and games than they are about products and support. Bad news--really bad!
    Cos

Re: LG customer service a scam?

This is not really website to post bad customer service experiences with large corporations. For the future, always deal with stores that has generous return policies. I always found it to be easier to return item to the store for full or almost full refund, than dealing with manufacturer. In addition, I found out that stores' customer service department generally much better trained(and paid) than manufacturers' ones who tend to rely on cheap outsourced labor.

Long call, transferred 3 times
    That because they have quotas. Customer service representative must discharge caller on average within 10-30 minutes(regardless of outcome). If they spend more time on each call, they will not get paid and eventually get fired.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 09-10-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Re: LG customer service a scam?

I should have cooled off before I reported this. Tiger Direct is Awesome, but I had DVD for 45 days. That put it in the hands of Warranty dept. of manufacturer.
    Thanks everyone.
    Cos:)
    Cos