+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carol Pady

Carol Pady

Hi everyone, without having to read through everyone's post, has anyone heard of Carol Pady? They are looking for 16 at home work reps. Here's a little of what I know. Their website is Carolpady.com. Here's the email I received from them. Kind of lengthy, so I apologize: I have received your resume for part-time/full-time dispatcher position with our company.

My name is Christopher Lewis and I'm the representative of HR
    department of Electronics Shopping Store known as CarolPady (Carolpady.com). As our 10'000 associates can attest,
    working for CarolPady is the chance to be a part of a company unlike
    any other in the world. Itís more than a job; itís a place to develop
    your skills and build a career with competitive pay and health
    benefits for you and your family. To work for CarolPady is to be welcomed into a diverse family, where the individual contributions of every associate are respected and valued. Above all, itís an opportunity to join a team 10 thousand strong who is helping the world live better every day.

We do this by saving our customers money on the things they need for their families, their homes and their businesses. We do it by reaching out and giving back to the communities where our customers and our associates live. And we do it by working together to solve some of the biggest challenges facing our world today, like the environment, energy and health care.

We require 16 dispatchers. We need persons of maturity age, graduators of a high-school, basic users of PC with Internet connection. All expenses are held by our company and you DON'T need to PAY ANYTHING.

DISPATCHER Monthly Salary $1900 (+$100 - Gas Compensation)
    - Handling customer complaints and concerns (through email) in a professional manner.
    - Communicating with customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders (online chat and email support)
    - Developing delivery schedules and route plans to facilitate rapid and efficient deliveries to customers.
    - Initiate orders for replacements parts and/or for correcting errors (shortages, wrong item shipped, etc.).
    - Stay at home (or have someone at home) to receive packages and mail during working hours (9a.m. - 4p.m.) and report on each received package or envelope through the dispatcher control panel or email.
    - Receive packages with goods (usually electronics, jewelry) and envelopes with documents.
    - Repack following the instructions (will be sent to you via email once the shipping label is available for download).
    - Log into dispacther's control panel and download prepaid shipping label and print it (we do not provide with the printer and do not compensate the ink).
    - Attach the shipping label to the parcel and ship the parcel same day you received it.
    - Update dispatcher's control panel with tracking number from the printed shipping label once you ship the package.
    - Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.

During your training period you will work only with international
    orders and customer complaints. After one month of training you will
    be able to start working in one of our offices or continue working
    from home with a salary of $2200 (+$200 - Gas Compensation).

Your payment is sent to you by check or can be direct deposited to your bank account once a month.

If you are ready to start please fill in the attached application form and email it back to me to receive the contract and we will start.

We'd be pleased to work with you.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cristopher Lewis
    CarolPady
    1800 Middle River Drive
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Http://www.Carolpady.com

Re: Carol Pady

It is usual reshipping scam. Goods are bought with stolen credit cards and you are supposed to repackage and ship them abroad.

Website is totally fake, created few days ago.
    Last edited by BorisZ; 09-10-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks Boris ... the reshipping kind of made me think of that as well which is why I wanted to check first. I tried to do multiple searches on google, but nothing showed up for them ... also with the BBB but they're not listed their as well. These guys are amazing that try to do this.

There is no need to search Google. You just have to realize one fact: there are no legitimate jobs in reshipping goods or wiring money. Always scam.

Thanks Boris, much appreciated.

I applied for this job on Yahoo Hotjobs, http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-JW6V96RRZCT;_ylc=X3oDMTEwYzlzMG9kBF9TAzM5NjUxMDMzN QRjYXQDVFJBBHBjb2RlAzUwNTg0?source=partner&scode=50584 , and I just received this email about this job that I applied for for the courier position, this is their response. I was a bit skeptical about it because ut sounded too good to be true, so I googled carolpady to see what I could find and that's when I found this website scam.com. If this really is a scam, how can I report it to the proper authorities so they cannot continue to scam people? Thanks in advance for your time. Here is the email reply that I received 4 days after I applied for the job:

CarolPady, HR Department received your inquiry for the Courier position in =
    our company. My name is Christopher Lewis and I am HR Representative of Car=
    olPady. I would like to tell you a bit about our company.

For the last years we specialized in selling electronics over the Internet.=
    We have raised our revenue twice since the last year by selling goods not =
    only in the USA but all over the world.

CarolPady was established in 2005 Year, by Carol Pady, although at the begi=
    nning the company was a small local-based business, serving local limited l=
    iability markets and gaining reputation between small and medium business h=
    olders, it slowly but staidly grow into a big company. In 2006, CarolPady o=
    pened its first branch office in another state and after 6 months due to in=
    creasing demand on this type of business, the company was forced to open fi=
    ve more branches all over the US. At that point Tony Brown became the new C=
    EO and modern CarolPady was born. Speed, Quality and Quantity had became th=
    ree milestones of CarolPady's business, ensuring highest quality with highe=
    st possible speed and quantity, the company holds the banner of one of the =
    most successful players on distribution market.

Currently we require 7 couriers to assist us with goods distribution all ov=
    er the US, Europe and other parts of the World if needed. Courier's monthly=
    salary varies from $1900 to $2200 per month, according to the level of his=
    or her involvement. Successful candidate will deal with:

Handling customer complaints, via E-mail, Phone or in person if needed.
    Handling orders for item replacement (damaged goods, wrong item shipped, et=
    c).
    Communicating with customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/o=
    r information necessary to process orders (online chat, email and phone sup=
    port if required).
    Handling international orders with goods (usually electronics, jewelry) and=
    envelopes with documents.
    Packaging following the instructions.
    Working with the database through software or web-site.
    Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.

There is a one month training period, prior to the full-time starting date,=
    during this period employee will be handling mostly low priority, internat=
    ional orders and customer complaints, you will be taking a training course =
    alongside the work. During training period, potential employee shall receiv=
    e a reduced rate of salary, $1900 for all training period (one month), seve=
    ral types of compensations (Gas, Travel, etc) are included. Payments are ma=
    de 30 days after start via Direct Deposit, Bank (wire) Transfer, PayPal or =
    in cash. CarolPady's policy forbids using international money
    transfers such as Western Union, Moneygram etc, due to possible fraud.

If you are ready to start please fill in the attached application form and =
    email it back to me or fax to +1(904)866-4280 to receive the documents that=
    need to be filled before we start.

We'd be pleased to work with you. If you have any questions please do not h=
    esitate to ask.

Sincerely yours,
    Christopher Lewis - HR DEPARTMENT / CAROLPADY LLC mailto:hr@carolpady.com

If this really is a scam, how can I report it to the proper authorities so they cannot continue to scam people?
    You can report to FBI and different scam forums. But you can not stop them. Scammers are not located in US and there are thousands of them running the same scam under different names.

carol pady is a total scam
    Last edited by cj_plat; 11-15-2009 at 03:54 PM.