+ Reply to Thread

What does the religious scam actually means????

Is it like a method to spread out their religious beliefs.............

I keep on questioning myself .....

Somebody please give me a clear idea know......

Re: What does the religious scam actually means???

yes. suppose somebody says, moses says this and moses says that. you say, why do i care? moses is a man same as me. but if moses says, god told me to tell you, that's different. yes, its a scam.

now suppose you think of your mind as a computer. you need to give it a program to run your life. you can look around and see some people have alot of trouble, running bad programs. they steal to get drugs until they go to jail. die of an overdose.

then you read, this guy jesus offers a program that seems to work better than others you see. so what if it requires you to believe in an imaginary god? the goal is to have a pleasant life.

http://www.lifeofchrist.com/teaching...nt/newlaws.asp

Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, "You shall not make false vows, but shall fulfill your vows to the Lord."
    But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great king. Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.
    But let your statement be, "Yes, yes" or "No, no." Anything beyond these is of evil.

You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy."
    But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
    For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
    Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
    Last edited by mumbles; 09-02-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
    So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
    But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
    But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
    And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. So do not be like them; for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.

Whenever you fast, do not put on a gloomy face as the hypocrites do, for they neglect their appearance so that they will be noticed by men when they are fasting. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
    But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face so that your fasting will not be noticed by men, but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
    But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
    The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
    No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
    Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
    And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?

you may reject all or select any parts you like to build your own program to run your life. as long as you are free and not controlled by mao, stalin, castro or . . . whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by charulatha View Post
    Is it like a method to spread out their religious beliefs......
    I came to spam.com to do some investigation on the apparent rampant evangelical super pastors. People like Joyce Meyer and Jesse Duplantis.

These are people who rake in hundreds a millions of dollars per year through the idea that "if you give them money, God will make you rich"

The program works. The people don't get rich, but they keep coming and giving and justify it by saying "Joyce does really good things with the money"

Yes...and Joyce also has built a luxury resort-type estate and lives like a queen.

To me...that is the scam. "Believing" is supposed to be about a close personal relationship to God. It is not supposed to be about joining a club that promises riches, and entertained by a rock star on a stage.

I was disappointed to find that there was no information on scam.com in this regard.
    Church of Doojie proud member

Thanks for your information.......:spin2:

Thanks for your information........:spin2:

I am planning to add some details regarding this issue in scam.com soon...

8. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

ŚMatthew 23

Don't follow leaders
    Watch the parkin' meters
    Last edited by mumbles; 09-02-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    8. But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

ŚMatthew 23
    There's a really cool analysis about the difference between father and Father. Also the correlation between father and rabbi. I'll need to look it up, but it was done by Prof. David Biven, who has dedicated his life to the translation of the NT through the eyes of 1st Century people.