+ Reply to Thread

AIL (American Income) PA

I found a thread on another site that saved me from buying into this scam... I received a phone call this morning from a woman in the "human resources department of AIL, in Central PA," She claimed they had a copy of my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview. When I returned the call, it went straight to an answering system that asked for all of my contact information.

Since I have never posted my resume online, and the last time I was job searching was several years ago, it was fishy right away.

the number was 717-975-3504. I found several threads in other forums addressing the scam. My number is a cell phone, and it's on the do not call list. I'm very careful about sharing it, so I cannot figure out how they obtained it in the first place.

I could see people who are already job searching fall for this scam easily. I find it completely disgusting that someone would use the current state of the economy to their advantage in that way.

Re: AIL (American Income) PA

I found your post today after reviewing the scam posts from others. I couldn't help but notice that you were called on the same day and from the same area. My story echoes yours completely. I'm going to entertain myself tomorrow and attend the interview but I'm going to have a field day utilizing the info that I've gathered from the earlier posts.

I told her to email the info prior to attending. This is what she sent:

Your interview

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 3:11 PM

"HumanResources"

To:
    "HumanResources"

You are scheduled to meet with our Regional Director, Garret Kun, on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:10am. Please bring with you an updated copy of your Resume and a few personal and business references. Professional attire is required.

Liz Horetsky
    Human Resource Manager
    AIL
    702 Lisburn Road
    Camp Hill, PA 17011
    Phone 717-975-3454
    Fax 717-975-3525

I got the same email from the same name, Liz H... whatever. I replied to her email, thanking her for the contact and said I would call her on Monday. Then I gave her my phone number, which according to her "did not upload properly" on the job search web site. And it's my cell phone!! ARGHH!! I only decided to search the AIL name and address to get some idea of what the company is/does before talking to her. I will NOT be calling her, of course, but I'm worried sick now that some scam operation has my cell number. I'm going to call my service provider next... just in case. Meanwhile, did you go on the interview? What happened? I'm wondering what's the worst that could happen with them having my email addy & cell #.

:bah: I received the same email and I schedule an appointment for tuesday. However I didn't recall it so I checked my Monster profile Apply History and Teksystems profile and nothing coming close to that name was there. I googled it and to my horror came upon this. I immediately emailed them and let them know I would not be coming. I am completely upset because I thought it was a real job opportunity.

I just received a similar email from this company. I immediately googled before calling them back. Just thought that I would share the email that I got with everyone:

"We have been unable to reach you by phone and would like to discuss your resume and qualifications. Your resume has been reviewed and it would appear that you potentially may be a good fit for AIL. We are the Labor Union Benefits Company and provide benefit programs to all Unions in the US. We are looking to fill a variety of positions, primarily entry level management. Please contact me Monday morning between 9AM and 2PM at 717-975-3454 so we can set up an interview for next week at our Camp Hill office. Hope to hear from you soon."

Garret Kun
    Regional Director
    AIL
    702 Lisburn Road
    Camp Hill, PA 17011
    Phone 717-975-3454
    Fax 717-975-3525

Thank you everyone for warning me with your posts!

Thank you oi812 for posting a copy of the email you received. I just got off the phone with a woman who's name I couldn't understand and received this email:

Tim Cruise ✆ to me show details 11:01 AM (1 hour ago) Hi Carol! This is Heidi confirming your interview for Monday, May 3 at 1:00pm. When you arrive, please let the front desk know you are here to see Nicole. Donít forget to bring a fresh copy of your resume, a current list of references and to dress business professional. Here is Nicole's direct line if you have any questions (702) 222-3031. We look forward to meeting with you! Office Address: AIL CENTRAL 702.631.0680 6655 West Sahara Ave. Suite A218 Las Vegas, NV 89146 Click on link for google maps. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...8,0.02105&z=16 You will see a large pink building between Torrey Pines and Rainbow on Sahara. It is called Marbeya Business Park. We are building A upstairs, directly facing the side of Carmax

I couldn't help but notice the EXACT phrasing as your email.
    So glad I decided to google the company before I went to my interview Monday at 1:00pm here in Las Vegas.

Has anyone gone on one of these interviews? Why does everyone think it is a hoax? I'm just curious because I just hung up the phone with the same phone call all of you are talking about. I have an interview for Monday. Should I not go? Please help... I need a job!

Wow! It's hard to believe and really sad that people will take advantage of someone that is looking for honest work. I had gotten the phonecall that so many of you received and needed to mapquest the address for an interview the next morning. I couldn't get directions so I decided to google it and when I did...oh my goodness,,,it led me right into many complaints sites! I'm really disappointed that 'companys' would take advantage of people like this. Thanks for the warning! I'll be more on my guard and alot more cautious.

Yeah when you come in for the interview we tie you up for hours and *****board you until you finally agree to terms of employment. Or sometimes we have goblins waiting just inside the door, and the minute you open it they jump on you, render you unconsious, and then carry you to the underworld for eternity. they finally release you when you beg for the job. Sometimes we unleash our prehistoric pteradactyls they fly down and swoop you up in they're giant talons, they bring you to the nest to feed they're young. once again, we only save you if you swear to the almighty that you'll work here. Give me a break, this generation is so lazy and unmotivated, it shames me.

This is not a scam. I went to the interviews, I looked into the product and I spoke to others that have been in the insurance business for 20 plus years and they say AIL is a good company and had nothing bad to say about the product or that the company had any misconduct. These are people that DON"T work for AIL and are compatitors. I don't know if I want the oppertunity with them but they offer leads and I am sure just like other sale jobs you need to go out and get refferells eventually just like owning your own book of business. I say go look into it and get informed before you choose if these guys are bad or not. Talk to someone who works at AIL and have no interest in you working there and see how they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pnut80976 View Post
    I just received a similar email from this company. I immediately googled before calling them back. Just thought that I would share the email that I got with everyone:

"We have been unable to reach you by phone and would like to discuss your resume and qualifications. Your resume has been reviewed and it would appear that you potentially may be a good fit for AIL. We are the Labor Union Benefits Company and provide benefit programs to all Unions in the US. We are looking to fill a variety of positions, primarily entry level management. Please contact me Monday morning between 9AM and 2PM at 717-975-3454 so we can set up an interview for next week at our Camp Hill office. Hope to hear from you soon."

Garret Kun
    Regional Director
    AIL
    702 Lisburn Road
    Camp Hill, PA 17011
    Phone 717-975-3454
    Fax 717-975-3525

Thank you everyone for warning me with your posts!
    Garret swallows

Quote Originally Posted by roxieann View Post
    Has anyone gone on one of these interviews? Why does everyone think it is a hoax? I'm just curious because I just hung up the phone with the same phone call all of you are talking about. I have an interview for Monday. Should I not go? Please help... I need a job!

If your penis is bigger than Garret Kun's three inches, you will not be offered a job. Instead, Garret will offer you a blow job.

When you are reading these complaints about Ail being a scam I would like everyone to know that it is not a scam, they are in the business of life insurance and that is not easy. I have worked for them for 7 months now and at first I was out there going to people's home and talking about life insurance. I made about $1000 a week. It was long weeks and even longer days. I am a mother and could not spend that much time away from my kids so now I work in the office 4 days a week. In order for something to be a scam they have to take money from you with no promise of you getting any of it back. If you would have given Ail a chance and took the job you would have realized that. I am still getting a pay check every week from them. You should never write anything bad about something because you simply do not understand it. Yes this business is hard, yes you have to put in long days, yes sometimes you do a lot of work and get nothing but the rest of the time you're getting paid if you are a strong enough person to handle it.