+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Money transfer job is this illegal?

I have recently recieved a job offer that claims i can make serious money in a month is this job real or illegal?Can i get in trouble or even arrested?

Your tasks are;
    1. Receive payment from Customers
    2. Cash Payment at your Bank
    3. Deduct 7% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
    4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the
    offices you will be contacted to send payment to.(Payment is to be
    forwarded either by Money Gramme or Western Union Money Transfer).

Local Money transfers take barely hours, so it will give us a
    possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately.For example you've got
    3000.00USD you take your income: 210.00 USD Send to us: 2790.00 USD
    First month you will have 15-20 transactions on 3000.00-4000.00 USD so you
    may calculate your income.For example 18 transactions on 3500.00 USD
    gives you 4410.00 USD Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 USD
    Total: 5410.00 USD per month After establishing a close co-operation with us
    you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn
    more.

Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them
    cashed in your bank or other Cashing Services.Deduct your weekly salary and
    forward the balance to the company via western union money transfer or
    money gramme money transfer We understand it is an unusual and
    incredible job position. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You'll have a
    lot of free time doing another job, you'll get good income and regular
    job.But this job is very challenging and you should understand it. We
    are looking only for the worker who satisfies our requirements and will
    be an earnest assistant.We are glad to offer this job position to you.
    If you feel that you are a serious and earnest worker and you want to
    work for Ben Textiles, kindly send me ur name ,address
    and phone number.
    Yours faithfully,
    Benjamin

Re: Money transfer job is this illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by bxpimpxx357
    I have recently recieved a job offer that claims i can make serious money in a month is this job real or illegal?Can i get in trouble or even arrested?
    It's illegal, and yes you can get in trouble or arrested.

Basically, these are either money laundering operations (think terrorists, drug dealers, organised criminals) or they deal in forged checks (i.e. fraud). Either way, the money trail ends with YOU and at the very least you end up seriously out of pocket, but it can get MUCH worse than that.

I guess this is an email only thing? What was the email address they used?

No i dont think its just an email thing,this company actually claims that it sends me the checks through my home address and then i'd have to cash it to a bank myself.I think it is illegal and you are right. The person that sent me the email was bentextile@yahoo.com

No i dont think its just an email thing,this company actually claims that it sends me the checks through my home address and then i'd have to cash it to a bank myself.I think it is illegal and you are right. The person that sent me the email was bentextile@yahoo.com
    they'll send you fake cashier checks and then you'll have to wire them some back.

The person that sent me the email was bentextile@yahoo.com
    Forward it to abuse -at- yahoo.com and they might shut the address down.

These fake checks and banker's drafts look VERY authentic, by the way.. right down the the magnetic printing, account numbers, sorting codes and names and even signatures. It sometimes take the bank a couple of weeks to find out that they were fake, which is what the scammers are relying on.

Illegal.
    Don't do it.
    Report it.

THIS IS ILLEGAL. Read my post called I've Been Scammed. I promise to post more detail on this. I'm lucky I'm was not charged and not held liable for the money I transferred. These offers come in different versions. I received stolen money through an INTERAC E-mail transfer and wired it to the thief. I went through hell for two days !!!!!

Hello,
    I almost got caught in this same ordeal twice once last year and the other just a few days ago. Thank the Lord, I was suspecious, because these fools misspelled several words, and the communication was mainly by email. The times these individuals did call the numbers came up as 0000123456....which is a clear sign of Foreign Desception! Please do not cash any money orders, checks, or transfer any funds using all of your personal information. No legit company would need your information if they did need this kind of work done. Anyway, These money scams are outrageous and are getting larger by the second.....you have several, Russians, Ireland, Jamaican Money Order Scam, to name a few. The techniques are similiar if you have read some of the testimonials.....but do not get involved....because my thing is....if you have no idea who I am, why would you trust me to wire any money....not really knowing if I will send it or not and then they trust to use legit job sites to advertise employment! How sick!

Hello,
    I almost got caught in this same ordeal twice once last year and the other just a few days ago. Thank the Lord, I was suspecious, because these fools misspelled several words, and the communication was mainly by email. The times these individuals did call the numbers came up as 0000123456....which is a clear sign of Foreign Desception! Please do not cash any money orders, checks, or transfer any funds using all of your personal information. No legit company would need your information if they did need this kind of work done. Anyway, These money scams are outrageous and are getting larger by the second.....you have several, Russians, Ireland, Jamaican Money Order Scam, to name a few. The techniques are similiar if you have read some of the testimonials.....but do not get involved....because my thing is....if you have no idea who I am, why would you trust me to wire any money....not really knowing if I will send it or not and then they trust to use legit job sites to advertise employment! How sick!

Here is a copy of a letter I just received asking to do the same thing. Misspelled words, poor business communication, and too good to be true!!!

His name was Ben Maximus... e-mail address: bennymaxt@yahoo.co.uk.

Claims the business name is B/T ACCEC LTD, a company dealing with "clothing materials,expensive and high quality batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costumes and a host of other accessories."

Thanks for your response
    i would like to know if you really like to work from home.
    B/T ACCEC LTD needs a book-keeper in the states, so i want to know if you will like to work online from home, getting paid weekly without leaving or affecting your present job?
    I manage an accessory firm.
    we need someone to work for the company as a representative/book keeper in the states.
    My company deals with clothing materials,expensive and high quality batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costumes and a host of other accessories.
    we have clients we supply weekly in the states.
    Our clients make payments for our supplies every week in form of money orders or us certified checks or banks cashiers check which are not cashable outside the US {JUST BECAUSE THIS US MONEY ORDERS CAN ONLY BE CASHED WITHIN THE US}. we need someone in the states to work as our representative and assist us in processing the payments from our clients and would be paid a weekly salary{15% MINIMUM FOR EACH TRANSACTION AND WE NORMALLY GET PAID 3 TIMES A WEEK FROM OUR CLIENTS} .
    All you need to do is to receive this payment from our client in the states and get it cashed at the bank and then deduct your weekly pay i.e 15 to 20% depending on how effecient you are and forward the balance to the company over here via western union money transfer or moneygram money transfer. You will keep all western union transfer receipts used and forward them to us from time to time, you would also record all transactions on your computer both offline and online in case of any emergency references.
    Our former representative has been relieved because he did a bad work for us. Our payments will be issued out in your name and you will have them cashed at the bank, (tax charges on your account will be deducted from our pockets not yours, so you dont have to worry about that) and u would deduct your salary and foward the balance to the company via the above money transfer method i did mention earlier on.
    So all i need is to forward your information to our numerous clients in the state and they will issue payment in form of MONEY ORDERS then send it you via a courier service or the poster mail .
    i will need your full name, address and phone number so we can foward it to our clients to start making payments to you as the company’s representative in the states.
    I WILL EMAIL YOU A LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FROM OUR COMPANY WHICH YOU HAVE TO REPLY WITH AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INDENTIFICATION ATTACHED TO IT
    AS SOON AS WE CONFIRM ANY PAYMENT COMING TO YOU I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS OF WHAT TO DO.

Thanks and we await your response.
    From the desk of the manager of
    B/T ACCEC LTD
    Manchester
    UK

Just to give you an idea of how persistant these scammers are...
    mary robert: hi sharon
    mary robert: u there
    BUZZ!!!
    mary robert: sharon
    Midget: hello
    mary robert: talk to me coz i wanted to know the exactly amount you recive
    Midget: ]25,000
    mary robert: ok
    Midget: now what do I do with it
    mary robert: i just have a call from mr peter saying that you told him that you have deposit it and is going to be clear tomorrow
    mary robert: isnt it?
    Midget: that was yesterday so tomorrow is today
    mary robert: so as now what is the next level has the bank clear it inot your acount
    Midget: why wouldn't they?
    mary robert: now i want to know coz the manager of the company is been asking that you have receive the payment for the past few days ago
    mary robert: so is the cash available with you now
    mary robert: ?\
    Midget: why do you guys keep worring about the check clearing. When I get my checks from people I don't worry
    mary robert: but you told Mr peter that the money would be cleared today
    mary robert: thats why am asking you as now
    Midget: yes
    Midget: it is only 10am here
    mary robert: so that we can know the exactly day we are gonna send his goods to him
    mary robert: M RS SHARON
    mary robert: but in here is 4.06
    mary robert: pm
    Midget: well money is here so it is 10am not 2:00 yet
    Midget: so where do I send it this afternoon

mary robert: coz an stlll asking the manager of the company to inform the cahier of the company to give me an info of which and where are the balance going to be
    BUZZ!!!
    Midget: kmary robert: hello
    mary robert: imjust have a call from the manager of the company saying that i should inform to check out your mail in the next 30minute
    mary robert: ill send you the info of which and where you are going to send the balace of the money to
    Midget: k
    mary robert: ok and dont forget to deduct your portion for the service which is %10 out of the total amount ok
    Midget: k
    so ill get back to you as soon as i have send the info to your mail box ok
    mary robert: have a nice day
    Midget: bye
    mary robert: hello
    BUZZ!!!
    mary robert: i just wanna inform you that i have send the info of which and where you are gonna send the balance of the money to
    mary robert: and make sure you get back to me as soon as you have send the money ok
    BUZZ!!!
    Midget: ok busy right now

Show Recent Messages (F3)

mary robert is using a different version of Yahoo! Messenger. Certain features may be unavailable.

Midget: yes I am here
    Midget: how are you this morning
    Midget: I must say Mary you are very sexy
    mary robert: am fine and you
    Midget: r u a model
    mary robert: u there sharon
    BUZZ!!!
    Midget: This si Sharon
    mary robert: so have you send the money
    Midget: This is Sharon
    Midget: Well as a matter of fact the check did not clear the bank
    Midget: so no I have not sent the money because I do not have it to send
    Midget: hello are you there
    mary robert: but why did u inform Mr peter that the bank would give you the
    mary robert: money yesterday
    Midget: because I deposited it and they told me how long it would take to clear
    Midget: then I was called into the bank last night and they informed me that it was a counterfeit (fake) check and was working with loss prevention all day on it
    mary robert: so now how many days did they gave you
    Midget: and asked me to take all my information that I have emails ims phone numbers email addresses isps etc to the authorities and turn you guys in
    Midget: since I did save all of this information I could
    mary robert: what are you talking about sharon
    Midget: the check that was sent to me was FAKE
    Midget: COUNTERFEIT
    Midget: how are you this morning
    Midget: I must say Mary you are very sexy
    mary robert: am fine and you
    Midget: r u a model
    mary robert: u there sharon
    BUZZ!!!
    Midget: This si Sharon
    mary robert: so have you send the money
    Midget: This is Sharon
    Midget: Well as a matter of fact the check did not clear the bank
    Midget: so no I have not sent the money because I do not have it to send
    Midget: hello are you there
    mary robert: but why did u inform Mr peter that the bank would give you the
    mary robert: money yesterday
    Midget: because I deposited it and they told me how long it would take to clear
    Midget: then I was called into the bank last night and they informed me that it was a counterfeit (fake) check and was working with loss prevention all day on it
    mary robert: so now how many days did they gave you
    Midget: and asked me to take all my information that I have emails ims phone numbers email addresses isps etc to the authorities and turn you guys in
    Midget: since I did save all of this information I could
    mary robert: what are you talking about sharon
    Midget: the check that was sent to me was FAKE
    Midget: COUNTERFEIT
    mary robert: hey
    mary robert: what are saying aare you trying to tell me that
    Midget: I not trying to tell you anything THE BANK SAID THAT IT WAS A FAKE CHECK
    Midget: and THEY ASKED ME TO TURN YOU OVER TO THE LAW
    mary robert: i know that Mr peter cant send a fake check to you so if you know that the money is with u then you better send it to the company info ok
    mary robert: and also your bank are lying to you coz the check was not a fake
    Midget: the BANK KEPT THE CHECK BECAUSE IT IS FAKE
    mary robert: no no
    mary robert: its not a fake sharon try to understand
    Midget: WELL THEN HERE YOU CALL THE BANK AND EXPLAIN THIS TO THEM
    mary robert: this money is belong to the company sharon dont let me loose my job
    mary robert: ok give me the bank info
    Midget: HERE IS THEIR PHONE NUMBER TALK TO KIMBERLY
    Midget: 1-317-467-8825
    Midget: TELL HER WHO YOU ARE AND ABOUT THE CHECK THAT WAS FOR 25k
    Midget: YES
    mary robert: u cam
    Midget: HUH
    mary robert: i said did u have a cam
    Midget: NO
    Midget: did you call the bank yet?
    Midget: God, you are so sexy
    mary robert: yah am about to call the bank
    mary robert: now i want you to tell me the truth sharon
    mary robert: is the cash with you?
    Midget: NO THE BANK SAID THAT THE CHECK WAS FAKE AND NOW I OWE THE BANK MONEY BECAUSE OF IT
    Midget: CALL THE BANK YOU WILL SEE
    Midget: AGAIN TALK TO KIMBERLY AND TELL HER ABOUT THE CHECK AND THAT IT IS NOT FAKE AND LET THEM TELL YOU HOW IT FAKE IT IS
    mary robert: so what do u want me to do now
    Midget: YES PLEASE
    mary robert: ok ill call the bank and make sure you transfer the money today ok
    Midget: OK
    mary robert: would u send it today
    Midget: YES I WILL
    Midget: NO PROBLEM
    mary robert: coz we have to send Mr peter goods from now on
    Midget: UNLESS THIS CHECK CLEARS I WOULDNT SEND HIM ****
    mary robert: but i will like you to scan the payment slip for me as soon as you ahve send the money into mr wung account ok
    Midget: THAT IS FINE BUT I CANT DO IT UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS THE BANK AND THE FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME
    mary robert: ok ill try to inform the manager of the company today ok
    mary robert: coz he is not arround as now
    mary robert: and ill inform him to call you ok
    mary robert: plz dont let me loose my job ok sharon
    Midget: I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE BANK
    Midget: I KNOW THEM PRETTY WELL
    mary robert: coz u rae a woman and i too
    mary robert has signed out. (6/30/2006 10:30 AM)
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:14:32 AM): hi
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:14:32 AM): how are u sharon
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:14:44 AM): i just wanna ask u whether u have receive the payment or not
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:15:03 AM): get back to me if u have recieve it for further instruction
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:15:04 AM): ok
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:15:06 AM): thanks
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:15:11 AM): have a nice day
    mary robert (6/26/2006 6:15:16 AM): MARY ROBERT
    Midget (6/26/2006 7:57:29 AM): No I haven't received anything and quite frankly I am a little concerned because you said that I would receive this like 2 weeks ago. I hope that you have the address right make sure that he or she has 2102 Crossing Terrace Apt B Greenfield, IN 46140
    Midget (6/26/2006 7:57:57 AM): k thanks I am eager to get started on this
    Midget (6/26/2006 7:58:23 AM): so I am waiting for those delivery trucks to arrive at my door.

hello sharon
    the manager of the company said that you should try as soon as possible to send the money via this info as follow and get back to me with a bank payment slip that the company would used to comfirm the money ok
    HSBC,
    TSIM SHA TSUI BUILDING
    8284 NATHAN RD, KOWLOON
    HONG KONG
    SWIFT CODE: HSBCHKHHHKH
    A/C NO:1817622200
    A/C NAME: MR WONG DUG MING
    I deposited it today after I got your message and it will clear by 2pm tomorrow eastern standard time. Then I will be able to draw out the money tomorrow. k now what?

Thanks

Sharon O'Neill

peter daniels wrote:
    PLEASE GO MAKE THE DEPOSIT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND LET ME KNOW WHEN IT IS GOING TO CLEAR YOUR ACCOUNT.

Sharon O wrote:
    Yep That is the one!!! I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what do I do?

peter daniels wrote:
    The amount was for $25,000.00usd.

Sharon O wrote:
    I sent this message to you via messenger but wasnt sure if you would get so I pasted to an email for you

anybody try to give the scammers the run-around or take the money they sent you and spend it? Set up a fake this and that. Or will you go to jail for this?
    Congress is bought and paid for by the rich

Nope, you can go to jail for this because, this is how the scam works.

You receive the so called check. Then you take it to your bank for deposit. (Most banks have the policy of letting customers draw on business checks immediately if they have been with the bank for 6 months or longer.)
    Then you, (the sucker) draws the cash out of your bank account and wires it or spends it whichever.
    Guess what, a couple weeks goes by and your bank is calling you because the check is counterfeit. There message to you will be either you pay them back the money you withdrew and make good on your account or you will go to jail for fraud. Why you? Because YOU are the one that actually took the money. These jack a**es that get this money via money transfer can't be touched or traced and you are left holding the bag thus the one to pin the whole thing on.

If you are smart, you will just throw those fake checks in the trash where they belong because that is all they are, garbage.

Two quick words: MONEY LAUNDERING!!!!!!!!

Two more: STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info - I just saw one of these ads on a legit website... fortunately, I found THIS site a few days ago & decided to check it out here with all of you well informed, down to earth, knowledgeable folk. :D

My gut instinct was right - Jail time, money laundering. Fraud. Not a good bet for a part time job!!

Well guys he is back. I just signed on to a job search called National Human Resources and well my first inquiry was:

Hello
    i would like to know if you really like to work from home.
    B/T ACCEC LTD needs a book-keeper in the states, so i want to know if you will like to work online from home, getting paid weekly without leaving or affecting your present job?
    I manage an accessory firm.
    we need someone to work for the company as a representative/book keeper in the states.
    My company deals with clothing materials,expensive and high quality batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costumes and a host of other accessories.
    we have clients we supply weekly in the states.
    Our clients make payments for our supplies every week in form of money orders or us certified checks or banks cashiers check which are not cashable outside the US.
    we need someone in the states to work as our representative and assist us in processing the payments from our clients and would be paid a weekly salary{15% MINIMUM FOR EACH TRANSACTION AND WE NORMALLY GET PAID 3 TIMES A WEEK FROM OUR CLIENTS} .
    All you need to do is to receive this payment from our client in the states and get it cashed at the bank and then deduct your weekly pay i.e 15 to 20% depending on how effecient you are and forward the balance to the company over here via western union money transfer or moneygram money transfer. You will keep all western union transfer receipts used and forward them to us from time to time, you would also record all transactions on your computer both offline and online in case of any emergency references.
    Our former representative has been relieved because he did a bad work for us. Our payments will be issued out in your name and you will have them cashed at the bank, (tax charges on your account will be deducted from our pockets not yours, so you dont have to worry about that) and u would deduct your salary and foward the balance to the company via the above money transfer method i did mention earlier on.
    So all i need is to forward your information to our numerous clients in the state and they will issue payment in form of MONEY ORDERS then send it you via a courier service or the poster mail .
    i will need your full name, address and phone number so we can foward it to our clients to start making payments to you as the company’s representative in the states.
    I WILL EMAIL YOU A LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT FROM OUR COMPANY WHICH YOU HAVE TO REPLY WITH AN ACCEPTANCE LETTER AND A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INDENTIFICATION ATTACHED TO IT
    AS SOON AS WE CONFIRM ANY PAYMENT COMING TO YOU I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS OF WHAT TO DO.

Thanks and we await your response.
    From the desk of the manager of
    B/T ACCEC LTD
    Manchester
    UK
    This is such a scam and I hope no one falls for it. He is now using email address: bennymaxt@yahoo.co.uk
    please let anyone know who is looking for a job to be on the look out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.