+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Bush's America: Pawning Your Watch To Buy Gas

Hey kids, this is what happens when a certifiable lunatic with a messianic complex and delusions of grandeur manages to grab power and then destabilizes The Worlds oil producing nations. Be afraid America. Be very afraid. Click here for story on Vet pawning watch to buy gas.http://www.cnn.com/
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Crude-oil prices reached a new record of $75 a barrel Friday amid concern about Iran's nuclear ambitions and declining U.S. gasoline stocks.

U.S. pump prices also kept rising, with the average price of a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline at $2.855, up 3 cents from a day earlier and more than 60 cents higher than a year ago, according to AAA's daily fuel gauge report.

Analysts say oil prices are likely to climb higher in the weeks ahead as worries grow about how international pressure on Iran, OPEC's No. 2 oil producer, will affect its crude output. Rebel disruptions of oil production in Nigeria also pose a risk to world supplies.

Traders also worry that gasoline supplies may not meet summer demand after seven straight weeks of drops in domestic gasoline stocks, which are now at their lowest level since November.

"There are a lot of people that were disturbed with this week's energy numbers," said Alaron Trading Corp. analyst Phil Flynn, referring to the U.S. inventory figures. "There seems to be a lot of concern that the combination of the geopolitical issues, as well as refining issues, are enough reason not to abandon the long side of this market just yet."

U.S. refineries are operating below normal levels, as they continue to recover from last fall's hurricanes that battered the Gulf Coast, and as they perform seasonal maintenance. Furthermore, the transition from the gasoline additive MTBE, found to be a groundwater pollutant, to ethanol is creating additional fears about an already tight gasoline market.

Crude prices are more than 40 percent higher than a year ago, and have risen about 5 percent just this week _ a week that has seen not only crude and gasoline prices reach record heights, but also huge surges in other commodities, especially metals.

"I'm inclined to think it's not reached a peak yet," said Tobin Gorey, commodity strategist at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Sydney. "We're still faced with a tight supply-demand equation against the backdrop of strong economic growth, and there's still more money to come into the market," he said. He added that the Iranian threat was responsible for adding at least $15 per barrel to the oil price.

Light, sweet crude for June delivery rose to $75 a barrel in early afternoon trading Friday on the New York Mercantile Exchange, setting a new intraday record for a front-month contract. The May contract, which expired Thursday, settled at $71.95 on Thursday.

Most analysts agree that overall sentiment is still bullish in the energy markets, but Flynn warned that the market will see a pullback at some point, and the higher prices go, the bigger that correction will be.

Brent crude for June rose to $73.15 a barrel on London's ICE Futures exchange.

Gasoline futures rose 0.52 cents to $2.22 a gallon, while heating oil rose 2.64 cents to $2.08 a gallon. Natural gas slipped 11.4 cents to $7.96 per 1,000 cubic feet.

On Thursday, Hugo Chavez, president of Venezuela, one of the world's top oil producers, said oil prices would reach $100 a barrel should concern over Iran's nuclear weapons capability lead the United States to invade the Middle Eastern nation.

The United States and Britain say if Iran does not comply with the Security Council's April 28 deadline to stop uranium enrichment, they will seek a resolution that would make the demand compulsory. Iran has consistently resisted calls to abandon its enrichment program.

Also, in Nigeria, the fifth-biggest source of U.S. oil imports, militants exploded a car bomb inside a military base late Wednesday, in their first major attack since February. This year, the group has cut more than 20 percent of Nigeria's daily oil exports of 2.5 million barrels.

A spokesman for Shell Petroleum Development Co. in Nigeria on Friday said security concerns in the region were preventing the restart of up to a fifth of its oil output and the company was not in a hurry to start up production.

Royal Dutch Shell PLC's announcement Thursday that its Mars platform will resume normal production by late June offered some relief to the markets. It is the largest oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico damaged by Hurricane Katrina, and accounts for about 5 percent of total Gulf of Mexico oil and natural gas production.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/21/D8H4HOQ80.html
    Last edited by dchristie; 04-21-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Re: Bush's America: Pawning Your Watch To Buy Gas

Thats scary, but the problem is, is what to do about it. Anytime a car company trys to make a better car... the funding gets thrown out. Someone needs to form something to stop this ordeal. That picture of the gas prices, thats scary. Where I come from it never went that high. I heard that there was something about super cars? I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how a car company were making vans that got 65 to 70 miles a gallon? Somehow it lost its funding? Any leads on this? Ive looked around I find much...

Quote Originally Posted by conspiracytheory
    Thats scary, but the problem is, is what to do about it. Anytime a car company trys to make a better car... the funding gets thrown out. Someone needs to form something to stop this ordeal. That picture of the gas prices, thats scary. Where I come from it never went that high. I heard that there was something about super cars? I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how a car company were making vans that got 65 to 70 miles a gallon? Somehow it lost its funding? Any leads on this? Ive looked around I find much...
    So you're telling me that a car company that could make a van that got 65 to 70 miles a gallon needed its funding in order to proceed? Its funding from whom? The government? So your saying the big car companies can't afford to fund their own research projects? Especially ones where they could make millions from consumers who want to save fuel? Hahahaha, now I know why you call yourself conspiracy theory. If you were to say that the big oil companies paid off the car companies, I could almost believe that. What can we do about it? One of the things we can do is to reduce our reliance on foreign energy. How about drilling in Alaska? Hahahahahahah, no, I don't suppose you like that idea huh.

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    So you're telling me that a car company that could make a van that got 65 to 70 miles a gallon needed its funding in order to proceed? Its funding from whom? The government? So your saying the big car companies can't afford to fund their own research projects? Especially ones where they could make millions from consumers who want to save fuel? Hahahaha, now I know why you call yourself conspiracy theory. If you were to say that the big oil companies paid off the car companies, I could almost believe that. What can we do about it? One of the things we can do is to reduce our reliance on foreign energy. How about drilling in Alaska? Hahahahahahah, no, I don't suppose you like that idea huh.
    They could turn Alaska into a piece of Swiss cheese and poison every living thing in the state, and it won't mean dick. You've been swallowing the bullsh!t the oil companies have been serving up. First of all, Alaska simply doesn't have enough oil to solve the magnitude of the problem we've got. Do a search on "Peak Oil". Furthermore, since oil is such a finite commodity, we're better off burning out the Arabs reserves first before we start depleting our own.

And even if Alaska was such a panacea, it would take at least 10 years to provide the refining capacity to make it worthwhile. If you're getting tired of being bent over a barrel by BushCo, move to Venezuela. Gas is 15 cents a gallon there.
    Last edited by dchristie; 04-22-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Hey kids, this is what happens when a certifiable lunatic with a messianic complex and delusions of grandeur manages to grab power and then destabilizes The Worlds oil producing nations. Be afraid America. Be very afraid. Click here for story on Vet pawning watch to buy gas.http://www.cnn.com/

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/21/D8H4HOQ80.html
    Are you saying I'm suppossed to feel sorry for the vet? He said he only gets one check a month (his military retirement check I'm guessing?). He looked healthy, why isn't he working? Does he smoke, drink, gamble? Does he have cable tv? What about the internet? How about magazine subscriptions? How many times does he eat out a month? If he only gets one check a month from the government, that means he doesn't work, and if he doesn't work, where in the hell is he driving to that he needs to buy that much gas? Its pathetic really. Its the same old liberal scare tactic. Woe is the poor. Instead of blaming our problems on the poor choices that we make (you can throw in some bad luck also), you guys like to blame others. I don't know how many so called "poor" people I know who can't afford gas, but still decide to keep having kids, smoking, drinking, watching cable tv, eating out, gambling, buying junk food etc etc etc. I know a veteran (he's still on active duty, he's been in over 14 years at least) who told me he had to sell his CD collection to pay his rent (Clinton was president at the time as a matter of fact). He did okay, he made 400 bucks for his collection. Where were we when he told me this? At the blackjack table! Poor poor veteran! You guys are really pathetic. Hahahahah.
    Last edited by USNavySubSailor; 04-22-2006 at 02:57 AM.

Are you saying I'm suppossed to feel sorry for the vet? He said he only gets one check a month (his veterans check). He looked healthy, why isn't he working? Does he smoke, drink, gamble, etc? If he only gets one check a month, that means he doesn't work, and if he doesn't work, where in the hell is he driving to that he needs to buy that much gas? Its pathetic really. Its the same old liberal scare tactic. Instead of blaming our problems on the poor choices that we make (you can throw in some bad luck also), you guys like to blame others. I know a veteran (he's still on active duty, he's been in over 10 years at least) who told me he had to sell his CD collection to pay his rent (I think Clinton was president at the time). He did okay, he made 400 bucks for his collection. Where did he tell me this? While we were at the blackjack table! Hahahahah. True story, I swear to God!!
    Yeah..Ok.. fvck em.

Yeah..Ok.. fvck em.
    I didn't say **** him, I was basicially saying **** you. I respect what he did for our country, I'm sure you wouldn't understand that, but I still believe in personal responsibility. Instead of a reasonable debate on the point I was trying to make (as I had attempted with you) you give an answer like that "Yeah ok **** em". Thats typical of a liberal.

I didn't say **** him, I was basicially saying **** you. I respect what he did for our country, I'm sure you wouldn't understand that, but I still believe in personal responsibility. Instead of a reasonable debate on the point I was trying to make (as I had attempted with you) you give an answer like that "Yeah ok **** em". Thats typical of a liberal.
    Whose a "librul"? You must be looking in the mirror and it's getting you upset. That's typical of a Monkey.

Whose a "librul"? You must be looking in the mirror and it's getting you upset. That's typical of a Monkey.
    Trust me brother, you'd know if I were upset. I'm not upset, I'm laughing on the inside. Like I said, its typical. Whenever you guys are confronted by a different point of view, you have nothing to say. Well, unless you call name calling something to say. I said you were a liberal, I base that on what you write about. I could be wrong, and if I am I apologize. You call me a Monkey. I call you a liberal and you call me a Monkey. Do you see what I'm getting at here? Its typical. You remind me of elementary school. When you don't get what you want, or when someone challenges you, you start calling names. Well, all I can say is Na na na na na na you're a lib er al na na na na na na

hi USNavySubSailor

Your member name implies that you might be a Navy man - are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    hi USNavySubSailor

Your member name implies that you might be a Navy man - are you?
    I believe he was in the Navy, but I don't think he was very good. It says he was a sub-sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    I believe he was in the Navy, but I don't think he was very good. It says he was a sub-sailor.
    OUCH!! That smarts... :eek: LOL

i think i have an original thought here!?WHO KNEW!?but as to the OP'S post title!?MY WATCH AINT WORTH S H I T?hehe!!so pawning it is a MISNOMER!?just askin!?what does this say to america!?hehe!!just askin!?i have no "freinds'!?you knew that!?right!?just lovers !?or not!?hehe!!

a certifiable lunatic with a messianic complex and delusions of grandeur
    Wow! You really hate Bush don't you. What has he done, in your opinion, that a psychiatrist would put him in a straight jacket, and and lock him in a padded cell? Or do you just say that because you wish John Kerry, or Al Gore were President?
    manages to grab power
    Yep! He managed to win two elections, which makes him the President. He did not grab power, he worked pretty hard for it. He did not take over in a coup or revolt, and it is idiotic for you to suggest otherwise.
    and then destabilizes The Worlds oil producing nations.
    Afganistan, and Iraq were not exactly shining examples of stability long before the invasions.

The story you pasted does not even mention G.W. Yet you attribute all things wrong to him. The high price of oil is a result of fear in the market because of the threats from Irans president. Coupled with the fact that oil refining capacity in the U.S. is down due to recovery from Katrina. The story doesn't mention that because of environmentalist actions, no new refineries have been built since 1976. http://www.slate.com/id/2102031 But you are convinced its G.W's fault. Is everything his fault? If you think so, then you are the one in need of psychotherapy.
    Last edited by nbfitz; 04-22-2006 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbfitz
    What has he done, in your opinion, that a psychiatrist would put him in a straight jacket, and and lock him in a padded cell?
    Here ya go... he's certifiably nuts:

"God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

my final conclusion on this thread is..........ouch MAY=SMARTS!?just a theory mind you,or me, or anyone!?hehe!!and of course ,we are all here to learn!?just askin!?and a hot-date couldfactorinsomewhere along the line!?thre line of possibilitys!?tghe hope of a better life for the intwined!?hehe!!