+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From Home Data Entry

http://www.fromhomedataentry.com/

http://sweetptr.com/pages/index.php

I found these websites a week ago, I have tried looking into different websites whether it is a scam or not, but Now i decided to come here and ask from people who might know.
    Please do share the info with me on whether those websites is a scam or not. To me own knowledge and the information obtained from the internet i assume the 2nd link is scam but how about the 1st?

I would appreciate for any kind of help:spin2:

Re: From Home Data Entry

I would not feel to comfortable with the first one for a few reasons.

1) They say you can not contact them until yuou sign up. Big red flag for me.

2) They say u make $300 part time $900 full time but need to accumulate $1000 before you can request payment. What the heck is that all about!!!!!!

3) The clients pay's them and then they pay you.

It might be just me. But I would look for other avenues.

Eric

Real companies don't refuse to give out their contact information up front.. Real companies don't work require you to have a certain amount before you get paid from a "job".

What happens when you get to $900 and then they don't send you any more "assignments"

If I were to take a guess I would bet they either want you to use their clickbank information to submit ads to adwords (in that case who pays for the advertising?"... OR it's an offer site and they are trying to hide the fact that you will be completing offers (reviews).

The second site is a scam as well. No site could afford to pay $10 per email read and $5 per click! Stay away.

-Danielle

I wouldn't go anywhere near these sites.

With that being said you can make money doing data entry from home, just not programs like this.

I actually just wrote an article about this on my website and some real expectations you should have. If you look in my signature below and click on the "Data Work from Home" link you will go to this article. I hope it is useful to you if you are looking for this type of work.

How hard is it to get data entry at home jobs? I am trying to get that and it seems they want money.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetykiss View Post
    How hard is it to get data entry at home jobs? I am trying to get that and it seems they want money.
    It's very hard to find legitimate ones. And no legitimate ones will ask you for money.

I'd suggest going a different route than data entry, but if you're really interested in it there are some threads about it over at wahm.com Most of the legitimate programs have HUGE waitlists though.

-Danielle

I applied to fromhomedataentry They sell you a bundle of websites to check, read, spellcheck, assess, etc. (not emails to click) You buy a basic 100 for around $25. They pay you $10 each one you send back. They take a bit of work to do. I received a trial free of 7 to check. It took some time each one. So $10 each seems like an OK deal. I emailed them twice and got a friendly reply by return both times. You all seem to have read it wrong I think. But Now you've put me right off going back and buying a bundle to work on. Please be fair to companies. Be real in your assessment. I looks to me you didn't read the website properly. maybe go back and sign up for a trial and check it properly.
    Last edited by arpgod; 09-02-2009 at 06:38 AM.

arpgod, I'm curious.
    I'd like to see some of these websites you've been paid to edit.
    Would you post a few of the URLs; a random dozen would be champion.
    Think of it as free advertising for your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by arpgod View Post
    I applied to fromhomedataentry They sell you a bundle of websites to check, read, spellcheck, assess, etc. (not emails to click) You buy a basic 100 for around $25. They pay you $10 each one you send back. They take a bit of work to do. I received a trial free of 7 to check. It took some time each one. So $10 each seems like an OK deal. I emailed them twice and got a friendly reply by return both times. You all seem to have read it wrong I think. But Now you've put me right off going back and buying a bundle to work on. Please be fair to companies. Be real in your assessment. I looks to me you didn't read the website properly. maybe go back and sign up for a trial and check it properly.
    I'm assuming either you haven't been paid yet or you are working for this company. As others have said before, no legitimate company would not let you contact them until signing up. Plus, this site doesn't even have a privacy policy.

-Danielle

I didn't go back to them. The emails warning me that it was a scam put me right off. But I still have it in mind to test them. The websites they send me seemd OK but next time I will look them up to see if they are for real before I proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by moneymaker1008 View Post
    I'm assuming either you haven't been paid yet or you are working for this company. As others have said before, no legitimate company would not let you contact them until signing up. Plus, this site doesn't even have a privacy policy.

-Danielle
    See my reply below.

See my reply below.
    I mean above ^

Quote Originally Posted by dr poormouth View Post
    arpgod, I'm curious.
    I'd like to see some of these websites you've been paid to edit.
    Would you post a few of the URLs; a random dozen would be champion.
    Think of it as free advertising for your clients.
    Hi, I didn't complete the "test" website they sent me. And I didn't go back to them after reading the "scam" emails. But I may put them to the test when I have $24 to throw away. If I do I'll get back here with the results. If it's $1000 well and good. Then you can all get on to it.....

Hi, I didn't complete the "test" website they sent me. And I didn't go back to them after reading the "scam" emails. But I may put them to the test when I have $24 to throw away. If I do I'll get back here with the results. If it's $1000 well and good. Then you can all get on to it.....
    So the seven sites they sent you to edit were "test" sites, not real, functioning sites available on the web.
    I was hoping for an idea of what sort of "work" they had in mind: "Red Headed League" style busywork, or correcting language, grammar and idiom on scamsites.
    No need to put them to the test; they are a scam, and not only would you be pissing away $24, but any "payment" they sent you would be counterfeit.
    Not $24 worth of entertainment, to my mind.

This is not a scam. I know people have gotten paid from it.