+ Reply to Thread

Dream Vacation INC AKA Charlene&Arnold Nicholson

Reserved a villa from Charlene and Arnold Nicholson from www.vacationhomerentals.com/40355 for a florida trip. Searched internet and BBB for any negative information on the company or individuals with nothing coming up. Paid thru paypal and thought everything was good to go, then on the night before we left get call from Arnold saying there is a flood and that we will need to come later, however I contacted the Wyndam Bonnet creek and they could not confirm this, so I immediately asked for a refund of my money thru paypal. Transaction was posted on paypal as refund, then it was declined by his bank, after that I started an investigation thru paypal which did nothing but waste time, for them to state they could not determine who deserves the refund since it was a virtual tranaction, however they would flag his account which is [email protected] also have email of [email protected]. Had there phone number until disconnected from verizon #954-809-5988. Out money with bank and paypal saying sorry and Charlene and Arnold Nicholson saying Sorry, its the office Vacation Dreams Inc New York Office or Miami Offic thats causing the delay. Now they do not respond to emails and can not track them down. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 08-22-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Increase font size

Re: Dream Vacation INC AKA Charlene&Arnold Nichols

Just curious, why did you pay by paypal instead of a credit card or money order/check? When you called, were you able to verify the names of the owners of the villa at Wyndam Bonnet Creek?

While there isn't anything obvious on that site that screams scam, there are a couple of problems. Lack of listing the available weeks is one. It might appear that they say whatever week you want is available. Since the available weeks aren't posted, they don't have to bother with 'closing' that week. A few mispellings and odd grammer, but again, nothing huge.

In the end, it sounds like the classic "rent the home, pay upfront, then disaster strikes" scam. A variation is of super cheap apartments in large cities. You pay the money and the 'neighbor' holding the keys is rushed to the hospital and you can't rent the place.

Since the owners told you that Vacations Dreams Inc New York office or Miami office are delaying the refund. Have you been able to confirm this directly with those offices?
    Last edited by Meri Widow; 08-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Hey...the EXACT same thing happened to me!!! From the exact same people!!!

"Dr. Nicholson" and "Char", called me the day before saying there was a flood leak. My wife called the resort, they had no idea.

Prior to the whole transaction, I checked and double checked everything. Emailed 'references', called references. Even one reference I called, it was a work number and I verified the guy was listed as an employee of the company that he said he worked for. Looked all legit to me.

"Dr. Nicholson" said he would refund me, which he did via PayPal, but his echeck bounced. In the meantime, we had found another spot in Florida. So while I was there and the check bounced, I kept emailing him and he kept answering.

Anyhow, I called the Bonnet Creek Resort while we were there, I called the front desk and asked for Dr. Nicholson and they sure, let me put you through his room. A few seconds later, she comes back on the phone and says that he currently does not have a room there, but that I could leave a message. I then asked her if she knew him and she said "oh yeah, but I haven't seen him today, but I should see him in the next day or so". So it did sound like the guy existed.

I offered the "Dr. Nicholson" to give me his credit card number and I would run it through my company for the Refund, but he declined. I offered him to get a Certified Check, Bank Draft or even cash, to leave it at the resort security office and that I would be over to pick it up. No go.

The good thing is that I paid my PayPal with my VISA. I won my PayPal claims, but there was no money there. I filed a claim with VISA and, while they are still investigating, they actually refunded my money. They told me, these guys have a bank account somewhere, we will find them.

As of last week, they were still answering my emails, and this is 2 months after the fact. I wonder why they would do this if they are scamming people? Why don't they just stop and disappear?

Joe, email me privately, we can exchange numbers and discuss some more.

-Mitch

He's a con man for sure and very smooth and plausible.

Two recent numbers for him:
    305 434 6206
    305 384 5084

Don't expect them to last long - he recently changed his voicemail message to exclude his name so I guess he will soon "lose" that phone and switch to a new number
    Last edited by condoman; 11-19-2009 at 12:10 PM.

5. 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Reason
    duplicates

They took out a mortgage in December last year for 692,000 timeshare points at Bonnet Creek and then foreclosed. Foreclosure action started in July 2009 which may explain why they were unable to honor your reservations.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagle...t=DOC353S31605

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagle...e=DOC353S31605

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagle...e=DOC353S31606

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagle...e=DOC473S29637

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/Cas...CaseID=2009819

I also know he spent some time in Guam and his middle name is Kyle.

Looks like he did some time there for "Theft by Deception"

http://www.guamsupremecourt.com/Opinions/images/2007%20Guam%2009.pdf

last seen in the Orlando area opening lots of bank accounts and writing bad checks.

Portrays himself as Dr Nicholson just back from Dubai.

He's just done a runner owing me some money, not a lot of money but enough to be irritating. I suspected he was a con-man from the outset so we didn't let him get too far in debt.

That's all I've been able to dig up. He'll turn up again somewhere with some fancy story so be warned.
    Last edited by condoman; 11-19-2009 at 12:24 PM.

7. 11-19-2009, 12:21 PM

Reason
    duplicates

8. 11-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Reason
    duplicates

9. 11-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Reason
    duplicates

10. 11-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Reason
    duplicates

Hey Condoman...

Thanks a bunch for the info, very interesting!! (some of links work, but others don't...) I actually got my cash back from VISA as I had paid my PayPal with VISA and kept some real good info. So that part went pretty good.

So you say he pulled one on you as well, but you had figured that he was a scam? What were the circumstances there?

I just hope he gets caught and doesn't do crap like this to others.

12. 11-22-2009, 10:05 AM

13. 11-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Another Victim here with a twist. I was able to purchase from Arnold Nicholson who posed to be a large Mega Timeshare owner with extra points to use up. I booked mid Feb 2009 for 5 days @ Bonnet Creek for $450. Paid 1/2 down and other 1/2 2 weeks before arrival. We met him at the property and got shown to our condo and enjoyed our stay. Then last October 30th received a call from him if I wanted to book again and lock in the rate before the rates went up. Agreed send money to hold and booked another Condo for a friend. He asked if I was traveling anywhere which at the time we wanted to stay at the River Walk in San Antonio. Sent money for that. Scam was found out when I proceeded to check out in San Antonio and the bill was for the rack rate of $265 night and that the room was not prepaid. Reached A. Nicholson 2 days later and was told it would be taken care of and the charge credited to my Amex. Did not happen a week has gone by and now cannot reach the man or find anyone who knows him at the last address on file for him as 26665 Segull Way, Malibu Ca. I think he is operating under another name. He still carries the 2 Cell numbers i used last Feb but has VM on only one stating he has lost all numbers. I will find him if his name is infact Arnold Kyle Nicholson but if his real name is different then it will be tough. Anyone want to help me catch this crook? I am out about $2000 and might get 1/2 back which was put on CC the rest came straight from bank account. I should have listended to my wife she had a feeling he was too smooth when we met him in Florida. I even gave references for this man!

Hello Everyone,
    Arnold Kyle Nicholson (alias - Nicolai Royal - "Retired European Basketball star") was recently arrested in Palm Beach Florida. Still trying to scam people! He's no longer a Doctor...LOL.

. . . . M U G S H O T . . . .

ARRESTED MAY 19, 2011

See the below thread LINK about him (AND HIS MUGSHOTS with Arrests) on this site at:
    http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p...08#post1054508

Last edited by Be_Sensible; 06-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Re: Dream Vacation INC AKA Charlene&Arnold Nicholson

He's arrested again!
    Last I heard he was trying his real estate scam again - pretending to buy luxury condos (in downtown Fort Lauderdale Florida) for investors with BIG checks (overpaying Title companies) and wanting the difference reimbursed "Allegedly" < LOL
    No longer using the alias of Nicoli Royal but a variation of real name plus that alias --- something like Kyle Nicola or Arnold Nicola, or something like that

The below was obtained from the following website link:
    http://florida.arrests.org/search.ph...&fpartial=True

Arnold Nicholson
    8-7-2012

Broward County
    << More information >>

Personal Information
    Arnold Nicholson
    Birth Date : 5-6-1959 Race : B
    Weight : 250 lbs Eye Color : HAZ
    Height : 6'05" Hair Color : BAL

Arrest Information
    Arrest Date : 8-7-2012 Arrested By : FORT LAUDERDALE

Total Bond : $20000

Charges
    Charge 1
    STATUTE: HLD-CO FEL
    CHARGE: OUT OF CO HOLD - FEL
    NOTES: VIOL OF PROB GRAND THEFT
    BOND: 20000
    Last edited by Be_Sensible; 08-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.