+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stimulus USA?

Stimulus USA?

Hi
    Does anyone have any information about this company? Is it a scam or a legit mortgage lender.? I need to refinance and their offer sounds too good to be true.

Thanks

P

Re: Stimulus USA?

Welcome to Scam.com.

Does this company have a website?
    If so then please provide the URL.

A Goolge search for "Stimulus USA" (without quotes) turns up a website and then a number of news listings.

The website is, usastimulus.com. Is that whom you are asking about?
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

If they emailed you, could you post the initial email?
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I think Stimulusa being affiliated with allegro ******* corp is definitely a SCAM!
    I too was offered a lower interest rate. I received an "offer" via us mail. The offer had our approximate loan amount and interest rate and said that they could lower it by over 2%. I called to look into it further, because although we are able to make our mortgage payments who wouldn't accept a lower interest rate, I spoke to a "government loan advisor" he sounded like he was like he was legitimate, and he requested that I fax or email proof of homeowners insurance, a copy of our mortgage note, a copy of our drivers licenses and social security cards. Being that I am vary cautious of giving out personal information, I requested that he verify his credentials before I proceeded in sending him any documents. He replied "thats fine how would you like to go about doing that' right then I got suspicious! Who doesn't know their credentials? But I replied that a license number, name of corp he worked for and a website would be a good start. He told me that he worked with Allegro ******* corp. But what strikes me as VERY suspicious that if you were to contact anyone at allegro corp their domain is xxx@allegro*******corp.com NOT @stimulusa.net.
    When I emailed STeven Dahan to thank him for his time and tell him that there was enough of a discrepancy to make us uncomfortable, and we would rather be safe than sorry. He relied and I quote "The name of the company is not allegrA but allegrO and to be quite honest your loan amount is too small for what we usually deal with anyhow. I have been doing loans for 8 years and quite frankly you called us I didnít call you. So kindly take your business elsewhere. Thank you" not only was his response rude and uncalled for it was also unprofessional. How was our loan too small when they had offered us refinancing? BEWARE!! The mans name and info are below

Steven Dahan

P: 866-950-4625 Ext# 2281

F: 877-847-8547

E: steved@stimulusa.net
    Last edited by Mo505; 05-05-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo

an addition to my earlier post. I received a call from Mr Steven Dahan asking me to remove my post from Scams.com. I told him if he could provide me with definitive proof that all things were legitimate I would remove. I have not yet received anything from Mr Dahan. I however did some more research and I find that stimulus usa is not a company in it own right but a program from Allegro, this is according to a post on a google forum pasted below: Also I am pasting another post from someone who is trying to refinance through this company, Perhaps I was hasty is stating as a SCAM, but through all my research I still feel that is best to STEER CLEAR OF STIMULUS USA, stimulus.net:

This post can be found at:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...e9bfda3d&hl=en

I was contacted by someone affiliated with the Stimulus-USA.net (stimulusa.net) domain as well, claiming to be from Allegro ******* Corp. Doing a quick WhoIs turned up the following:

Registrant:
    Stimulusa

6381 Hollywood Blvd
    Suite 601
    Los Angeles, California 90028
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: STIMULUSA.NET
    Created on: 08-Apr-09
    Expires on: 08-Apr-10
    Last Updated on: 10-Jul-09

Administrative Contact:
    Abitbol, Fred freda@hypoteclending.com
    Stimulusa
    6381 Hollywood Blvd
    Suite 601
    United States

Technical Contact:
    Abitbol, Fred freda@hypoteclending.com
    Stimulusa
    6381 Hollywood Blvd
    Suite 601
    United States

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS11.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    NS12.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

The keys here are the tech and admin contacts, both from Hypertec Lending, which although listed with the BBB, has seen their membership lapse. (And why a California-based business would have a Quebec-based number, I have no idea.)

After calling my state's Office of Financial Regulator, I saw that while Allegro was registered in my state and had no complaints (in operation for over 4 years), Hypertec was not, so one may be acting on behalf of the other. Nevertheless, I'm still unclear of the association. Both companies (Hypertec, Allegro) are in the BBB (although Hypertec has an "NR" rating, while Allegro has a "B-"), and Stimulus-USA seems to be either a subsidiary or simply a program page owned by Hypertec, not a company in its own right. The brevity of the registration may be tied into the current US home refinancing legislation.

EDIT: Just as I write this, I got a call from a separate number I called associated with Allegro:
    - Allegro is a mortgage broker.
    - Hypertec is the loan processor.
    - StimumulsUSA is one of their programs, not a company in its own right.

(I left the other info just so that you could see what my thought process was and the questions I had prior to the quite timely call.)
    As for their merits, you'll have to judge them on your own.

This next post can be found at:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-950-4625

I got a call back in November from this number. It is a legitimate program affiliated with Allegro ******* (from what I can find). With that being said, these people should never be utilized. 4 months later we still haven't closed. I have been lied to about timelines, closing dates, approval of documents, and paying current mortgage. The people who work at stimulus usa are unprofessional and incompetent.

Advice for people looking to refinance....do the work yourself and call around to DIRECT lenders. This program is a broker who will shop around for you to look for a loan.

I would be happy to discuss my experience further with anyone who is curiou

Ilan Sabbah is the bggest scam artist ever. He called me at home and told me to wire him a 10K check to pay off the taxes i owed on a lottery ticket.

I think he is from Montreal because his area code was 514.

Hello ,

My name is Marc and I just finished refinancing my loan with STEVEN DAHAN. He managed to save my family over 6,000 a year on our mortgage and skipping 2 months of mortgage payments. The reason i am responding to this is because I happen to know Steven personally and that he does between 30-40 loans a month with no complaints. He explained to me that the lady who is making this complaint never even started the loan process and was extremely rude to him on several occasions which prompted the "response email". If you have any issues with the legitamcie's of this post send me an email and i will email you a list of over 150 satisfied clients (with phone numbers) that have worked with STEVEN DAHAN in the last year -M.Mcnamara-
    Last edited by marcmcnamara1; 08-12-2010 at 10:59 PM.

The best advice is NEVER buying a timeshare anywhere. It is a scam and the so-called timeshare you buy is sold over and over again to other people. It is very difficult to sell your timeshare now and renting isn't in the deal. It will cost you more to buy a timeshare and maintenance fee than to rent a hotel room or a full ownership of a condo. Don't do it. There is good information about timeshare scams: http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/68...aud-in-mexico/