+ Reply to Thread

Affiliate Scams: CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale?

I have been looking to open a online fashion boutique by using affiliate programs. I have heard that CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale are ALL being investigated for pockeing millions of affilaites commissions. Some of the advertisers know about it while others don't.

This type of crap scares me. I know amazon.com is about the only affiliate program that is legit. Just do a search online and you will CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale owe milions of affiliates cash and will not fork over the cash!

Does anyone know some affilaite programs that don't use these three networks that deal with fashion? Thanks..and add what you think about CJ, linkshare and sharasale
    Get Paid To Write Articles Online
    Get paid a realistic $100-$1000 a day writing articles from home! PLR Health Articles

Re: Affiliate Scams: CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale?

Could you share where you heard this information? Because I know that these are all legitimate companies. And when I tried to search them just now I couldn't find anything about them owing money. Are you sure it wasn't just one or two people complaining somewhere? Because, as they tell you when you sign up, if they don't get paid, you don't get paid. So you just have to make sure you only work with legitimate merchants.

-Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by writingmoney102 View Post
    I have been looking to open a online fashion boutique by using affiliate programs. I have heard that CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale are ALL being investigated for pockeing millions of affilaites commissions. Some of the advertisers know about it while others don't.

This type of crap scares me. I know amazon.com is about the only affiliate program that is legit. Just do a search online and you will CJ, Linkshare and Sharasale owe milions of affiliates cash and will not fork over the cash!

Does anyone know some affilaite programs that don't use these three networks that deal with fashion? Thanks..and add what you think about CJ, linkshare and sharasale
    Please don't make slanderous posts without providing a source.

CJ, Linkshare, and Sharasale are some of the biggest providers of affiliate offers out there. They don't need to "steal" commissions as you say, because they earn a % of every affiliate sale made. For instance, a person using CJ might get paid $50 off a commsssion of a product.

That company also offers their own affiliate network, and they will pay you $65 per sale, but you have to make 25 sales a month. The low end is a commission of $20 per sale graduating up to the $65. An affiliate who couldn't reach the $65 per sale mark, would go with CJ and make $50 flat for each sale. CJ will then keep the $15 per sale (or more if negotiated directly with the company), and pay out the $50. They know that they will make the high end mark each month because they have thousands of affiliates promoting the affiliate offers.

Here's an explanation of what they might be doing:

http://www.cpashare.com/2008/09/20/t...at-wasnt-said/

But the most interesting thing is not one of these comments, but what WASN’T said. I didn’t see anyone from the ad networks or any ad serving engineers post comments. The truth about scrubbing is something that large affiliates keep to themselves. Same is true for ad networks that employ a form of “boost” to favor low performing ads on the network– great for the advertiser, but a penalty paid for by publishers who make less money. We could spend hours on the tricks that are employed by ad networks, in a sort of Mason’s handshake for the uninitiated. Do most ad networks scrub? Yes. Is this a legitimate practice? Yes. But do most ad and affiliate networks also scrub in unethical ways? Yes.
    The bottom line is that there are various ways for the parties to screw each other.

I've been using all three for over 5 years and never had a problem.

One idea if you are truly nervous. Go to some fashion sites and see if they offer a direct affiliate program. That way you eliminate the middle man.

The programs you mentioned are among the best in the industry and I put my ass in the line if I tell you that you better go with those then sign up at a direct affiliate program from a merchant.

THERE you have a serious risk to fly with out your commission.

CJ and the other 2 are top quality networks which require YOU to actually be a active affiliate and generate sales.

Without a website, no sales etc. you will not get approved by the single merchants, as well you ain't get your micro commission payout.

Please be carefull if you spread "negative information" like this without any background. This can get expensive if you harm a solid business.

Just a tip

G.
    Personal invitation for 10 days FREE at Wealthy Affiliate. Limited time full access WITHOUT paying a Cent Read first a Review HERE

BREAKING NEWS: Join my Free Make Money Course www.FreeAffiliateMarketingTraining.org

[Um okay..I dont see how people couldn't have heard about with all the talk on the news. If you want links....then here you go!!!

(Linkshare)

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=120879

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1145160

http://www.caspianit.co.uk/linkshare-scam/

Commission Junction (has tons of lawsuits against them)

http://www.babblefind.com/2009/05/af...with-lawsuits/

http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/t-4096.html

http://www.stevencarlson.net/2009/01...nction-a-scam/

http://scandinavianbooks.com/blog1/a...sion-junction/

Shareasale
    I'll have to come back to get some links on these.....but i can't understand how you can automatically say that the others are NOT scams. HOw can you say you never found anything when all you have to do is type in CJ or Linshare scam and a million results pop up!:judges:

Come on now! and further more, linkshare have so many lawsuits that many of the advertisers decided to pull out. That is why I am STILL surprised that so many top coporartions are using linkshare......they either will leave or see what these "affiliate networks" are really about. They don't want to be associated with them because they don't want their own business going down. You can't blame them for that thouh!

I understand the need for links to prove what I am saying, but don't try to act like its not true just cause I didn't post a link.

These affilaite networks are being found out REAL FAST by affiliates and advertisers. They not doing anything but pocleting the money. WAAAAY too many affiliates saying they have 500,000 clicks and no sales! COME ON NOW! so EVERYBODY is lying???? STOP IT!!!

oh..and just because 2 people made $500 a month with them doesn't make them legit. ITS CALLED, 'SHAVING'. In reality, they probably made $5000! UGH...

If there are any affiliates reading this, CREATE YOUR OWN PRODUCTS and advertise those so you know the money is going straight into your bank account!:rotz:
    Get paid a realistic $100-$1000 a day writing articles from home! PLR Health Articles

I thought I join this site so I could respond to this crap I am reading. You can spend your time searching the internet for every scam report on any large company on the internet & you will probaly find many negative comments. I quit my job in the summer of 2005 all thanks to CJ & have not looked back. It took a year to figure out a way to make that happen. Here is the problem, most peolple believe difficulty equals scam. A couple of bad experiences with merchants means CJ is crap. The truth is if I would have read this crap years ago I probably still have a job frozen with fear. If you are a Scam Hunter than you will miss out on so much opportunity in life. I wish more people reading this that have had success would speak up respond to the negativity. To all the new people I beg you if you are serious about making money with affiliate programs to not listen to the scam hunters but Put In Real Effort For Yourself & not let one bad exprience cause you to throw up your hands in defeat. If you stick with it CJ may one day exceed all your expectations like it did for me. And for all the negative folks that will respond to this post stop whining & get busy making money, it will be a better use of your time.

Yeah there is two sides to every story. CJ is awesome!

Priceless. One of those links is a post complaining about CJ ..... from 2001.

Ha ha ha ha ha.... get a grip.

ha ha! another post to make me laugh, thanks :cwm2::cwm2::cwm2:

As previous poster says you type ANY company in google - even if you type google + scam in google you'll find scam claims.

Thing is the internet is still like the 'wild west' - there are alot of successful comanies today, that started off bad boys - MANY internet companies used spam to get where they are for example.

or look at banks - they became successful because of the slave trade in UK (which we spread to America and beyond), they are build on the blood of black people and the poor.

Fast forward to the evolution of the web - full of scams, if you thought about the sheer amounts of corruption and unethical behavior - that still goes on right now, right this minute - you could go insane.

HOWEVER:

- Shareasale for example are well known to be against scams and spyware/adware and have turned away bad companies - so maybe the bad guys are writing disinformation / horrible stuff as revenge.

CJ have a mixed history but they listened to feedback from affiliates and kicked off a load of adware merchants at one point - I don't know what their policy on merchants is these days, but I've not heard anything bad about them for a long time.

Linkshare - again not heard anything bad, their tools for affiliates are much improved from the early days.

Most affiliates used to complain about cookie over writing and the long delays until payment.

Cookie overwriting was more of a technical issue + there weren't the tools / people in place to deal with these issues, it was new stuff, the technology has improved and affiliates get credited for their sales if they add the code to their websites correctly.

The long delays in payment will most affiliate agencies are still there, because of consumer protection laws - i.e a person usually has a right to cancel or send back a product - if the product is refunded - you don't earn a commission - that's not a scam - that a fact - the company don't earn, neither do you. hard luck all round.

1 to 2 months is average time for a contractor or affiliate to have to wait for payment, quicker payments are done by some because the products - like ebooks for example are non refundable in most cases so the cash goes straight into your account.

Independent affiliate programs also can pay quicker.
    You can contact me here via this 123contact.com form:

www.123contactform.com/contact-form-lemonpies

Quote Originally Posted by bwh1 View Post
    The programs you mentioned are among the best in the industry and I put my ass in the line if I tell you that you better go with those then sign up at a direct affiliate program from a merchant.

THERE you have a serious risk to fly with out your commission.

CJ and the other 2 are top quality networks which require YOU to actually be a active affiliate and generate sales.

Without a website, no sales etc. you will not get approved by the single merchants, as well you ain't get your micro commission payout.

Please be carefull if you spread "negative information" like this without any background. This can get expensive if you harm a solid business.

Just a tip

G.
    I think people are paid to write that linkshare "is NOT a scam". Guess what..it IS a scam. I have been an affiliate with CJ and Linkshare for almost two years, and while I have done several thousands of dollars with CJ, I have done $300 with Linkshare and I promote affiliates from both sites equally. I do over 3K with CJ every month and ZERO with Linkshare. I fianlly got smart and emailed them that I knew I was being cheated out of my commissions (I had a friend buy something by clicking through my link) and the reply I got was "we have reviewed your reports and have found no errors".

Commission Junction is legit. Linkshare is a SCAM!

Those networks you list are legit and pay. Linkshare probably being the worst out of all of them. I think ALL affiliate networks shave a bit off the top. Thats just something that goes on. But those networks esp CJ are legit.
    Give them a shot and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by chogsett View Post
    I think people are paid to write that linkshare "is NOT a scam". Guess what..it IS a scam. I have been an affiliate with CJ and Linkshare for almost two years, and while I have done several thousands of dollars with CJ, I have done $300 with Linkshare and I promote affiliates from both sites equally. I do over 3K with CJ every month and ZERO with Linkshare. I fianlly got smart and emailed them that I knew I was being cheated out of my commissions (I had a friend buy something by clicking through my link) and the reply I got was "we have reviewed your reports and have found no errors".

Commission Junction is legit. Linkshare is a SCAM!
    , well at least someone is being reasonable in this forum. I'm sorry you got cheated out of your money, but what surprises me the most is that there are some BIG corporations that are using linkshare like Baby Phat, which is a multimillion dollar company. I think the advertiser doesn't care as long as they get paid. I have started my own affiliate program with a personal software. Skip affiliate networks, they all are shady

Quote Originally Posted by kflo01 View Post
    Those networks you list are legit and pay. Linkshare probably being the worst out of all of them. I think ALL affiliate networks shave a bit off the top. Thats just something that goes on. But those networks esp CJ are legit.
    Give them a shot and see for yourself.
    Well I don't want to give a company a shot that has such a horrible background and reputation. I mean it does take a lot of effort to do article marketing, internet marketing, post ads, etc. ALOT of time and effort. I don't work for free. And also, any company that shaves money off of earnings is a scam. Telling an affilaite you will get paid for EVERY sale a certain percentage, and then only paying them for 1 out of 4 sales is illegal and a SCAM. no matter how you slice the pie:zx11pissed: